“Pretty good”
Review of Boardwalk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Boardwalk Motel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We drove from 4:00 am and arrived at 10:00 am and called just to see if an early check in was possible. It was the gentleman at the front desk was very friendly, and I talked 'shop' with him for a few moments. We were relieved to check in that early and walk our little dogs around with our daughter before we rented a boat
We enjoyed our stay as always, but for the first time (this time) taking our pups
We had an amazing time and appreciate the gentleman letting us in so early. That really made the trip

Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

If you need a place to stay for a night or two, it's fine. We stayed in Room 1 and it was sufficient. It's not a nice hotel, it is a relatively clean old, but semi renovated motel probably from 1960's. Totally worth $100 nightly stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 146MarkR
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Here is the truth about the place...GROSS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT! I booked this motel last minute because all of the other places were booked and this place had several vacant room...CLUE #1 I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! We got the King suite (they call it). I was told there was a kitchette but it turned out to be a microwave, toaster, fridge which is ok but there was a wet bar. I had to sit down on my cooler to wash the dishes. The reception area as well as the room were very old old and dirty and dated. The room's ceiling fan squicked so loud you couldn't use it. The AC unit ran non-stop and old cooled one side of the room. No room service! They asked if we needed anything and just gave us extra towels. We were there 3 nights and they took the garbage once. They even took the extra roll of toilet paper so we had to use kitchen napkins to clean outselves. Our deck was so dirty with cigarette butts, my husband had to clean it himself. The room smelled like cigarettes and dogs since they allow pets. One of the 2 glass doors didn't open. The bed was noisy and too soft so our back hurt. BATHROOM was disgusting!!! The toilet inside hasn't seen a brush in a while. The management was too cheap. We paid $180 a night and they had the nerve to sell us ice for $2.75 which you can find just 2 doors down for $1.50. NEVER AGAIN!!! This motel is worth not even $55 per night. DON'T get ripped off by this piece of crap place. OHHH and the review written by Nolan T must have been written by the owner to try to redeem himself.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anna A
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Freshly updated, clean, and a great view of the castle. Right on the water but close to everything. The motel must have undergone a lot of improvements since some of the other reviewers posted comments.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Great view (clear view of Boldt Castle and excursion boats), walking distance to downtown, bbq grills on the dock, great pool, many many upgrades (dock, walk ways, new doors, room I stayed in had been freshly painted with new furniture) from last time I was here...glad I came back! Great price, great service, and a welcoming environment. Worth the stay.

Room Tip: great accommodations for the price
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This "Resort" is a true disappointment. Their website forgets to mention the "overflow" area located across the street from the main "resort", referred to as "The Boardwalk too". When booking this room I was told that I would have a view of the St. Lawrence and Boldt Castle. This could not have been further from the truth because I was in the last room located across the street at "The Boardwalk too". When arriving in the room, the carpet was wet??? who knows why? The toilet plugged both times we used it during our limited stay in this "scum hole". The electric went out when I tried to blow dry my hair at the same time as the A/C being on. There was a bug in my bed when I got in to go to bed for the night. You can see the ground when showering because the drain is not plumbed, instead it drains out on to the ground under the building. This place is a joke!!

DO NOT STAY HERE if you are looking to enjoy your stay in Alex Bay and are expecting comfort, cleanliness, and reliable services. You WONT GET ANY OF IT THERE!!!!

Room Tip: If you do decide to book at this resort, which I strongly recommend that you DO NOT. Make sure to c...
Reviewed 23 March 2013

By writing this review I might boost summer travel and in might raise my cost but the place is on the water grills are available pool is great sorry so many people can't understand look at the price! Walking distance from everything people do not think of this no cockroach's not even close ! Place is great! So all of you want to spend a fortune to be next door go ahead . I'm a scuba diver and love the location . Close to everything !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Otter Creek Inn
Otter Creek Inn
#2 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Boardwalk Motel? Share your experiences!