“pull up a chair and relax”
Review of Boardwalk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Boardwalk Motel
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Reviewed 27 February 2014

a nice clean place to relax by the water. close to town for shopping,resturants or boat tours.plenty of hot water for showers and off street parking.if you want the ritz go pay for the ritz.had lots of fun and will go back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank dan n

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I have gone on a vacation with a group to The Boardwalk for the last 7 years.Frank and his staff are awesome! Great pool,right on the River .No need to drive once you arrive,walking distance to everything.Rooms are comfortable and clean.Great place to take the family or for a weekend getaway.Highly recommend and will always stay here when we visitABay! Trip advisor should update reviews some ofthese are 11 years old many improvements have been made in the last 3 years!

Room Tip: Poolside is our favorite!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank kimpie1
Reviewed 15 February 2014

There were 12 rooms remodeled this past summer 2013, New Mattress, Furniture, Doors, Walkway, The rooms were all repainted, more remodeling to come. Direct View of Bolt Castle, Right on The Great St Lawrence River. Within walking of Downtown. (1 1/2 block), off street Parking. Great Pool. I would stay there whenever i go to Alex Bay

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank amontele2014
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Recently returned from a enjoyable great stay at the Boardwalk Motel - LOVED IT! the room was clean, furnishings matched, had full sized fridge, micro, coffee maker etc...Patio Doors that overlooked the docks and river with a beautiful view. And they are Pet Friendly! I have read others reviews and cannot understand what all the complaints are about - had I gone by them I would of missed this gem of a motel - I have been going to the Islands for many years and have stayed at various places including the Riveredge and had nothing but problems there - I am glad to of taken a chance at the Boardwalk Motel and plan to go back next year. I was able to also go into room 9 to look at it and again no issues in that room either.

Room Tip: Rooms 9, 30, 31 have decks overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Leanne L
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The reviews were scary and we went there anyways .. Room didn't stink but it was old looking and mixed with new. No hooks in bathroom to at least hang your clothes. Or bathrobe on over all it seemed cleaned but sprayed it down everywhere with Lysol... We brought our own sheet to lie on and pillows. Sink vanity was so small you had no room to set your toiletries down.. Flooring in bathroom up by the wall was stapled down like it just had surgery, bath tub filled up with water while showering .. Bed was the worst, sounding like laying on corn flakes ... And it was like a sheet of plywood .. No great sleep there.. The lights were directly above our head and very crooked, they look like they were going to fall on your head I think a blind carpenter did all the work in there,the owners need to sell! And let someone that knows how to run a resort area motel... Never going to stay there again.. 70 was to much... We were on a very tight budjet , and was very disappointed .....I probably would be gotten more sleep in the car...oh we were on the second floor and the deck up there is scary and very un safe, we could barely get the suit cases down through there very narrow! If you are desperate , bring your own sheets pillows and a can of Lysol .....

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Pjbeaglejt
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed for just 1 night. Thank God. We had room # 5 (2 BR queen). The carpet was filthy, mattress crackled and squeaked every time you moved or just sat on it, curtains too small for window if you pulled them closed in the middle the ends of the window were not covered or if you pulled cutains to the ends the middle was open), no coffee pot or clock radio. Oh yeah, the room was on a slant and you felt like maybe you were drunk or sleeping in a fun house. if you wanted ice you had to buy a bag for $2.75. How was I suppose to keep it frozen. We did have a very small refrigerator in the room. The freezer compartment would only hold 2 ice cube trays at the most. Clothes closet no door or curtain and trash can and refrigerator were in front of it. Oh they did give free coffee at the front desk. Whoo hoo. There was a view of the castle if you went outside down to the pier. Most rooms only have a view of the parking lot and the other rooms on the other side of the parking lot. Looked like a nice pool and grill area.

Upon checkout I asked if they had any comment cards. The man at the desk said no and asked if there was a problem. I said yes and told him that this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed. I told him of the things listed above. He didn't seem to care too much. He said they were new mattresses that he bought from the hotel supplier and couldn't do anything about that. Also new furniture. I never raised my voice and neither did he. I then said that he need a new supplier. He stated that they were hotel grade mattresses. Must have been the cheapest hotel grade you could buy. I've stayed in many hotels and have never had such a bad mattress. He didn't say anything about the curtains or carpets, etc. . He then said sorry, but that I should have said something last night and they could have moved me into another room. After a 10 hour day and not checking in until 10 pm I just needed a good night rest. I also said that they closed within an hour from us checking in and if he supposedly had new furniture and mattresses how would changing to another room have made a difference? Then I said sorry wasn't good enough, have a nice day and left.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank VeronicaJ064
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last minute on the advise of a shop woman in town. Was looking for Cheap,safe, and clean motel. With a pool. This was it! Very sime basic room. No phone, clock, radio, iron or hair dryer. Just Bed and tv, and small fridge That's all I needed. Has a nice seasonal pool (unheated yet clean and refreshing) I was on second floor where all rooms have chairs outside. It directly overlooks the bay & bolt castle. The ferry boats dock literally yards away from the motel. Very nice. There was one other motel in town that was cheaper, but nowhere near as nice. I will definitely stay here again. Also, there is a small grocery store within walking distance. Great place for family on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2013
#4 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Otter Creek Inn
Otter Creek Inn
#2 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Boardwalk Motel? Share your experiences!