“A gem”
Review of Otter Creek Inn

Otter Creek Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Otter Creek Inn in Alexandria Bay, NY is simply a gem. It is a clean hotel with decent bed, a shower with good water pressure, good air conditioning and a refrigerator.The topper is that it has it's own docks next to the public boat launch for a reasonable rent during your stay.
The owners are friendly,have coffee ready for you every morning and buckets of ice as needed.
While this may not have all the accoutrements of a 5 star hotel, you have nice accommodations, next to where your boat is docked and you can walk a block and a half into the bars and restaurants in Alex Bay. It has been a perfect destination for my buddy and mine fishing vacation both last September and earlier this week. Rates are reasonable too!

Room Tip: We chose a first floor room this time, easier to unload from car, no stairs to bother with.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cmk7387

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in Alexandria Bay over the weekend while we visited the NY State Food and Wine Festival in nearby Clayton. Friends of ours have stayed at the Otter Creek Inn the last three years and recommended we stay there too.
I must admit if you are looking for high class and spa like treatment you are in the wrong place. The Otter Creek Inn is better. It is owned and operated by a husband and wife who take great pride in their Inn.

The rooms were basic but exceptionally clean. The bed was more comfortable than any high end resort that I stayed. The room had a mini fridge and a king sized bed.

The best part of our visit was sitting by the dock watching the boats and talking to the owners.

The Inn is within walking distance to coffee shops, resturants and shops.

If you are looking for a no frills place to stay that is clean and comfortable I highly reccommend the Otter Creek Inn.

We are looking foraward to visiting again next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank BAReg97
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Otter Creek Inn has everything I want for a vacation stay. The rooms are spacious, exceptionally clean and come with refrigerators. There is plenty of parking just outside your door and you are within walking distance of the busy tourist center of town (eliminates the need to hunt for a parking space in town). Also, there are docks just outside the Inn in case you want to do some fishing. The room rates are reasonable and the owners are very friendly and will provide helpful information about what to see and do in the area. Complimentary coffee is available in the office in the morning to start your day.

I had stayed at other properties in Alex Bay but after staying at Otter Creek Inn, I will ALWAYS stay at Otter Creek Inn. I strongly recommend Otter Creek Inn.

BAK

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Beverly K
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My little family and I have been to the Otter Creek Inn so many times the owners are like family! They are so one-on-one with their customers, and down right wonderful people! They have great rates, nice, comfy and clean rooms. It is VERY family friendly there! They work hard to see that is stays safe and quiet for their guests. Staff is always prompt and polite. Don't get me started on THE VIEW! SO BEAUTIFUL! I insist that you sit in the lawn chairs by the dock at sunset if you visit! Otter Creek Inn is also in walking distance of anywhere you want to go in the Village also! Truly and A+++ stay!!

Mrs. and Mr. Eberhart

Room Tip: There is also a handicap accessible room if needed :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank garden_of_eden18
Reviewed 6 October 2013

As a diver with his own dive boat and equipment, Otter Creek could not be more accommodating. It has a boat launch and slip right at the door step.

The beds are acceptable, but the sheets and pillows could be upgraded.
Wifi is good not great in the more distant units. Suggest a remote wifi about mid hotel.

Owners are very nice and helpful. Coffee is surprisingly good.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Trip Advisor has not failed me yet on this two week tour up through Massachussets, Maine, New York, and Vermont. Everyone's comments and reviews so far seems to have matched my experiences where we stayed. I have learned that you do not need to spend more money thinking you will get a better place. There are some great places by local proprietors and we need to support these folks because they are disappearing unfortunately. This two story outside entrance style Inn is neat, clean, and lots of great reading light plus a table and two chairs with refrigerator and the gentleman at the desk very accommodating and friendly!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Luckyloulou55
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I stayed for four nights at the Otter Creek Inn beginning on September 8, 2013. We found the place to be very clean and accommodating. The owners were real friendly and Dennis even assisted me with finding restaurants and grocery stores. The place was just what we needed for a rest and vacation. I highly recommend Otter Creek Inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 211 which is on the second floor and found it to be quite nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn & Suites Thousand Islands Harbour District
Rock Ledge Motel
Rock Ledge Motel
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Otter Creek Inn? Share your experiences!