“Wonderful views”
Review of Edgewood Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Edgewood Resort
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is a go-to hotel for my husband and me. We have always stayed right on the river at this hotel. We were married 3 years ago on Cherry Island (across the river from hotel) and most of our guests stayed here and were also very happy with the hotel. The staff has always been friendly and helpful to us. Additionally, we regularly eat at the restaurant, "Oscars" at the hotel when in town and have always had enjoyable food and experiences.

Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Couldn't handle the mismanagement of this operation it just didn't cut it for aan enjoyable stay. locatuion was good for fishing the st lawrence, lots of fish with the correct bait. The pool was not well taken care of either...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank neil c
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We went to an event here for the Army. The rooms were gorgeous and we had said how we would like to stay here again. Unfortunately, the service was horrendous and the staff is full of the most rude people I have come across. When we had a problem the women told me that they are in the business of making money and that's it. So apparently once the have your money they don't care about return business or the quality of your stay. I will never again stay at this resort nor will I ever attend another function there. Please save yourself the headache of a ruined getaway and go somewhere else!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
10  Thank Kara P
Reviewed 13 December 2013

This was the worst hotel experience that my husband and I have ever experienced. We booked a room because my husband's squadron was having their military ball there. At the end of the night when we went to our bedroom, we could literally hear EVERY word the couple next to us was saying. The walls were literally paper thin. I went to talk to the front desk and let them know we were just going to leave and asked for a refund or at least discount and she refused. I went back to the bedroom and my husband was already packing up because the couple next door was having more than a conversation now... if you know what I mean and we could hear every second of it. We went back to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. The manager on duty looked like a bartender. He was wearing an apron and my husband swears he was drunk. He was extremely rude and basically said that because we were part of a military group, we're expected to be rowdy. He didn't understand that we didn't care about people having fun and being loud but we shouldn't hear EVERYTHING that was happening in the room next to us. He said that his manager just left who could give the refund so I asked him to call her and he laughed and said he wasn't calling her about this. What a slap in our faces. We had to walk away at that point because we were so dumbfounded that we were being treated like that. We never got a refund. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ashley W
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at the Edgewood resort this past weekend for my sister’s wedding and we had a great time.
The location is ideal for a wedding on the water- the views are great, and pretty much some of the best of Bolt Castle Island from Alexandria Bay.

Here’s my breakdown of Edgewood:

Grounds: 5/5 – Great upkeep, great for kids/family, and I felt very safe. I can tell the owner is trying to update across all of their rooms and lobby, to make this the premiere resort in Alexandria bay.

Rooms: 3.5/5 – Only issue I had was when our door locks failed and we had to be moved to another room. It was supposed to be an upgrade, but the bathroom was older, the beds weren’t very comfortable, but the view is what saved me from complaining. I would recommend that these rooms should be updated to those similar of the Curtis Cottage. I stayed in room 109, and room 108 was the same décor. (Family stayed there as well) The décor is very.. well.. Rustic, bears, moose, reminds me of a ski lodge or cabin in the wilderness. I didn’t find it tacky, but some modern updates would be nice!

Food/Drinks: 4/5 –We had food from Oscars and the chowder, bruschetta, and their garlic pizza bread was delicious. I can’t say must for their entrees, but I was pretty impressed with the appetizers, catered food for the wedding, and the rehearsal dinner. Bartenders were friendly in their main bar by the lobby, and we had great drinks and great draft pours. A+

I will admit the staff goes out of their way to make you happy. Prices are fair, but I would think some small updates and live entertainment would definitely bring more clientele ( I do know this is the off season).
I would recommend staying here as other places locally didn’t look near the quality. I would like to visit again next summer!

Thanks for a great stay in Alexandria Bay!

Room Tip: Curtis Cottage! 903 is awesome!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JMStinson
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have never in my life asked to change hotel rooms, but after 5 minutes we went to the front desk and asked for a refund and went to a different hotel (Riveredge) and had a much nicer time, this hotel practically ruined our 10th anniversary

Highlights
1. Jacuzzi suite meant a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom (which BTW did not hold water)
2. Way too pricey for the quality of the room!!
3. View of Boldt Castle is actually a view of the trees and roof from great distance
4. The main picture is NOT of the hotel, it is Singer Castle
5. Porch overlooking the river of the riverfront rooms was practically unusable due to hot air being blown on you from AC in the wall and bugs attracted by the lights next to your door that you or the front desk cannot control

This hotel doesn't seem like it has had any updates or even maintenance work for the past 10-20 years! I am from Northern NY and so I knew not to expect a huge "resort" with all the amenities. I rented a Jacuzzi riverfront suite for our 10 year anniversary. I was surprised by the price for the area: over $300 for one night (weekday). In addition to the problems listed above the décor is very dated, Woodsy I would say, all moose and bears. There were large areas where paint was missing, the room was stifling hot when we arrived. The only positive was that it was a large room with large bathroom and sitting area.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suites are large and have a kitchenette, but ask them to make sure the tub works! But I woul...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sherry L
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Aug 30- Sept 1 2013. Everything was wonderful couldnt ask for better service from the front desk to the people in both of the restaurants the maids and even the gentleman that gave us s ride back to our room in his golf cart. The view that we had was amazing. The walk to town wasnt bad either about a mile one way and we walked it twice a day.The grounds we beautiful and very well cared for. I would definately stay here again. As a matter of fact we are thinking of booking our room now for next summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Otter Creek Inn
Otter Creek Inn
#2 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Edgewood Resort? Share your experiences!