“very nice spot on the river”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Edgewood Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alexandria Bay
Edgewood Resort
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Dutchess County New York
“very nice spot on the river”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at the Edgewood for three nights and the room was very nice. The three folks at the front desk were always so helpful and friendly and went out of their way to accommodate changing our room due to the people in the adjacent room were smoking on the porch and the smoke was coming right into our area. The two ladies that took care of the room were very helpful, courteous and friendly. Just too bad they don't advertise in any of the travel brochures from the area. Some of our friends asked us how we found out about this place. We told them we go to A Bay every year. Just wished the hot tub was working.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Waterloo, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed only for one night. The resort is undergoing some renovations but this is no excuse for the lack of ammenities when paying top dollar. Our first room had no phone service. It was broken and normally this would be OK but a storm had taken out the internet as well. We were not told this in advance and it was a feeling of being stranded. This is OK for a cabin in the woods but not a fancy resort. We had also been placed in the staff barracks building and it was not up to regular standards for a top paying customer. No coffee pot, no lamp, no mini refrigerator, no phone, no internet. When I went to take a shower I found a soiled towel with make up on it. I was horrified. My husband went to the main building and came back with a couple of small pool towels as they had run out. We were then moved into another room in the same barracks and I couldn't even step into the room as the smell of cigarette smoke hit me from the doorway. Apparently the strict no smoking policy applies only to guests and not staff. Bear in mind we had completely unpacked and then had to re-pack and carry all our bags from room to room. I waited in the original room again while my husband walked back to the main building. It might've been easier if we were able to use the phone to call them. They did not even offer to help with the move. We then got the keys for the 3rd room which was lovely but clear across the compound (again no offer to move us) and just barely finished renovating. Again no fridge, coffee, lamp, no garbage can, (I took one from the next room, which incidentally was also available when we were told they were totally booked up at the time we called for reservations. The place had loads of empty rooms and we were lead to believe otherwise). The step leading up to the room was so high my husband had to help me in and out of the room. They had not yet built the middle step up. When we went to the main office to see what they could do about our atrocious welcoming we were told repeatedly "I'm sorry you feel that way". What sort of a reply is that? That sounds like they were not so sorry and trying hard not to tell us off. We were not offered anything as a compensation. Not even a breakfast and they absolutely refused to lower our rate for the night. We were traveling with another couple (We are all seniors) and their room had lights that didn't work as well as both TVs that were not functioning. If we wanted a remote location with no ammenities we could have stayed elsewhere. I would not recommend this resort to anyone until the attitude changes dramatically. After all if it's not all about the customer,
who then?

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank yogurtlady

Travellers are raving about these Alexandria Bay hotels

Gulfport, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We did not stay at the resort, but went to the seafood buffet on a Friday night. The atmosphere is very nice, overlooking the water, the dining area is nice & the service was fair. There were plenty of items on the buffet such as fried fish, bolonaise & pasta, mac & cheese, seafood newburg, peel & eat shrimp, snow crab legs, fried shrimp, mahogany clams, and a salad bar. The pasta sauce & mac & cheese was very bland tasting, and the newburg had those tiny little shrimp from the can in it. The peel & eat shrimp were medium in size, but were overcooked. Since we paid $30 for the buffet, I would have expected better quality for the seafood items & perhaps little neck clams instead of mahoganies. I will say the desert table had a large variety & the ones our table tasted were delicious. There are better restaurants in Alex Bay that are less pricey.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank natnpr
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a nice resort, we had a waterfront room Room 517 that faced the Castle view. The room was clean and had a rustic decor. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I asked about a coffee maker and they gave me one with all the coffee fixings at the desk. They have a beautiful pool and the in house restaurant Oscars food was really good. They are a little pricey but the service was excellent, shout out to Donna our server. There was no fridge in our room and the Friday morning breakfast at the front lobby of coffee, very sweet packaged donuts, cookies and granola bars. We also stayed on a Thursday night.

Room Tip: Between Bonnie's Castle and the Edgewood resort, I would choose the Edgewood.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Donner101
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at the Edgewood and expected that if it is called a "resort" it would have some amenities that I expect at any motel but more! Not even a coffee maker or a small fridge! Comfort Inn has that at a much lower rate!! My children gave me a gift certificate for the Edgewood,I feel so bad that they spent so much money thinking we were going to have luxurious accomadations! Our room smelled of mildew,and the sheets actually felt damp! I would advise to do your homework and shop around for cheaper rooms. We wouldn't even have meals there because of the high prices. This place is not worth it! The ice machine was in another building. No place to get coffee early in the morning,you would think they would have a coffee maker in the room. We were so disappointed! Save your money!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else,not worth the money!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank lucille w
burgaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had vacationed in the Thousand Islands 40 years ago, when my children were young. So my husband now wanted to see what it was all about. I booked a week at the Edgewood Resort hearing that the views were great. We were not disappointed, they were the best of all the hotels in the area. Our balconey was enjoyed with coffee in the morning (I brought my own coffee pot, as they do not supply coffee, but I knew this in advance), and our toddies in the afternoon. Everyone was very accomodating.

Room Tip: The 200 numbered buildings were my favorite.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debbie f
Webster, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is our second stay here. This time we chose a water view in the 200s and it was great. What a gorgeous view right on the river!! I don't understand the negative reviews. Everyone was very friendly at the desk. They got us extra towels when we needed them and even reset the lobby wifi so I could log in. Both are restaurants were good though a bit pricey. The pool was beautiful and it wasn't poorly maintained like stated on here. I love walking around the property and looking at the water. It's just beautiful. We had no problems at all and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Water view was great! But even rooms without are fine because you can walk he property and see the r...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Otter Creek Inn
Otter Creek Inn
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Edgewood Resort? Share your experiences!