“Nicest hotel in the area”
Review of Riveredge Resort

Riveredge Resort
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Alexandria Bay
Franklin, New Jersey
“Nicest hotel in the area”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I was a little concerned after reading some reviews on the Riveredge and didn't know what to expect but found this hotel to be fine. It is definitely one of the nicer hotels in the area. We visited the tiki bar on several occasions, our bartender Jerica was great. She was very helpful telling us about the area. We had a beautiful view of Bolts Castle and were just a short walk to the Main Street in town. I would recommend this hotel. Everyone was very friendly. Great comedy show on Thursday nights too.

1 Thank Robin B
Tina R, Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for deciding to come and experience the Riveredge Resort, for yourself, and not be influenced by some of the reviews. We certainly do our best to ensure each guest leaves us with the feeling of anticipation, until the next time. Unfortunately, that is not always the case and it is very disappointing, to us, when we fall short.

The Tiki Bar is most certainly an awesome spot to relax, listen to music, enjoy the sun and outdoor pool area.

I will make sure Jerica sees your review. I am sure she will appreciate being mentioned.

Thank you for your nice comments. We certainly hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

While it is true that the resort is circa 1989, so is every other place in town.
The place is very clean. The staff are friendly.
The location is fabulous.
The dinner restaurant is amazing. Looks aside, the food is world class. Until something brand new comes to Alex bay, you should stay here.

• Stayed August 2014
Tina R, Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
We greatly appreciate your comments, Thank You. I am certainly delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Although, not perfect and we do need to continue working on improvements to our facility, we still consider ourselves the "Premier" hotel in the area.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Riveredge Resort during your visit to the area and we certainly hope to see you again.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Ask for a renovated room, the balcony and views of the harbour are a plus. Lots of boat traffic to watch. Resort staff are friendly and aim to please. The pillows need to be thrown out, but bed is comfortable.
The hotel is well placed and a very short walk to the main street and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for upgraded room and room overlooking the harbour/St. Lawrence river, with balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 823EL
Tina R, Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for your nice comments. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We certainly have one of the best locations on the River as well as the Best Staff.

Thank you for choosing the Riveredge Resort and certainly hope to see you again.
New York
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just came back from a short stint at this hotel. We stayed in the Loft room and it was ample for 2 adults and 3 children. The staff are polite and friendly. The chambermaids lovely. I read the other reviews and I would like to say that this is a very decent place. I did not feel the decor was outdated and actually thought it was very plesant. The furniture in the room may not be brand new but it is functional. For an extra $15 a day we got an extra roll away bed which was ample size. The sofa pull out couch could have been better. It was not so comfortable according to my kids. But this is a common complaint I hear from them with respect to roll out couches whereever we go. The hotel has a homey feel and great views from its balconies. There is cold water with lemon at all times a you enter the resort. The hotel is located on the water and in town and near Uncle Sams Boat Tours which is perfect. There are two pools with hot tubs for each. While the bottom of the outdoor pool could use a painting I would not say that it was an immedicate need. I did not see any mold on the pool floor just worn paint. I definetely recommend this place to stay in Alexandria Bay.

1 Thank Jackie V
Tina R, Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Riveredge Resort, during your visit to the area. I am delighted that the staff took great care of you and your family and you all had a wonderful time.

Our Loft rooms are certainly unique and are perfect for families. They give you some separation and privacy. I must agree with your children though, I too have slept on a sofa sleeper, in a condo in Florida, and no they are not quite as comfortable as a real bed but my brother would not give up his bed.

The outdoor pool is painted every spring and, by the end of the summer, unfortunately the chemicals do start to show the affects on the paint. To paint, prior to the end of the season, would be a 4 to 5 day process and of course this would not make for happy guests. We are considering new options to avoid this situation.

Thank you for your comments and we certainly look forward to seeing you again.
Belvidere, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We loved it and our stay was the best. Staff were very nice, the place was clean, and we loved our room. We had a big Jacuzzi in our room, which made for a very romantic and fun stay. It was pet friendly and we loved that because we wanted to bring our dog. We would recommend this place to everyone. From our balcony we could see Heart Island all lite up and that is a magical site. We look forward to returning.

Room Tip: It looks like all the rooms can see Heart Island. Just ask to make sure. On one end is the pool...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tina R, Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for your comments. I am certainly pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and that the staff took great care of you. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the area and we look forward to seeing you again.
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have been going to this area and have stayed at the Riveredge Resort every time since I was 10 years old and even went there on my honeymoon 14 years ago. I'm now 36 and was excited to bring my children to see Boldt Castle. This hotel seems not to have been updated since I was there as a child myself. The rooms have old decor with pealing wallpaper, electrical boxes showing, dirty bathrooms, terrible mattress, and nasty throw pillows on the bed. The outside table that we sat at for dinner was so sticky that I had to peel my wineglass off every time I picked it up. The menu was limited to mostly high priced items and nothing appealed to me, nor was I interested in paying high prices while sitting at a table that obviously hadn't been cleaned properly. My daughter was super excited to swim at the indoor pool that opened at 9am but it seems that day the ONLY person that could open the door and check the PH was late! Ummm, there is only one person that can do that?! I will NO longer be staying at this hotel on future visits to Alexandria Bay.

Tina R, Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Since you have been coming here since you were 10 years old, you know as well as I, and I am in my 26th season with the hotel, that we have made several updates to the facility. Yes we need to do more. We certainly work very hard to try to complete all of the updates planned, especially to our guest rooms, and we are making progress.

I sincerely apologize for any maintenance or housekeeping issues you had with your room. I was not made aware that you had reported such issues for which we certainly would have tried to rectify them immediately. If you did report the issues and they were not addressed, I ask and would appreciate if you please give me a call so I can address this with the staff.

Our menus do offer a variety of price ranges. We offer daily dinner specials, prices as low as $12.99. I do not know what menu you are specifically referencing but most our prices are no more expensive than the next, in fact, some are less expensive.

I apologize again, as I did that morning. Yes, there was only ONE person scheduled, at that time, that is able to check the chemical levels ( Ph and Chlorine). As I explained then, the employee was running late, i certainly wished he wasn't but sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise which may throw a monkey wrench in our day. I tried to do what I could to compensate for your delay, asked if you wanted to take your children to the game room as we waited as well as offering you a later departure time so you and your family had more time to enjoy the pool. As I recall, the pool was opened within 1/2 hour. I completely understand that this situation interfered with your time schedule and apologize for that.

Thank you for your comments and Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Alexandria Bay. I certainly regret, during this visit, that we did not meet your expectations and perhaps you will, one day, consider returning.

Travellers are raving about these Alexandria Bay hotels

chatham, nj
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Starting with the positives, the hotel is well situated on the river with lovely views from the balcony and it was clean. On the other hand, the mattress was soft and uncomfortable. And it was the noisiest place I've ever stayed in. There was loud music playing from the outside bar until after 10 pm. The walls were very thin and you could hear every noise out in the hallway. Finally, the toilet didn't flush properly and it took two days (and three requests) before it was fixed. I wouldn't stay here again, especially at this price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank beachwalker2011
Tina R, Manager at Riveredge Resort, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
First, Thank You for choosing to stay with us while visiting the area. Second, I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I will most certainly look into your complaints; the loud music after 10 pm and time frame to get your toilet fixed. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alexandria Bay
#1 of 14 in Alexandria Bay
Capt.'s Inn & Suites
Capt.'s Inn & Suites
#9 of 14 in Alexandria Bay

Been to Riveredge Resort? Share your experiences!