“It’s not a 3 star hotel! It’s a 4 star!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Meninx

Hotel Meninx
Ranked #22 of 103 Hotels in Djerba Island
Lisbon, Portugal
“It’s not a 3 star hotel! It’s a 4 star!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I’ve to confess that I was a little bit worried to choose a 3 star hotel for my holidays in Djerba between 18 to 25 April, but the positive comments of other Tripadvisor travellers persuade me to choose this hotel. My expectations were clearly exceeded. Good location, nice complex of buildings, good rooms, clean and comfortable, good food, friendly staff, beautiful beach, excellent swimming pool. As a negative comment I’d only refer the reduced variety of fruits, which I came to know is a common problem to the majority of the hotels in Djerba. If I return to Djerba I’ll definitely stay in Hotel Meninx. I also recommend the guided tour of Djerba Island, to visit the markets of Midoun (10m by taxi) and Houmt Souk, and of course the mandatory visit to the desert on Tozeur and Douz.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Jose F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We enjoyed lovely vacation in hotel Meninx. We enjoyed the accommodation in cute rooms with an direct access to the garden which were both close to the swimming pool, yet located in a quiet place. Perfect for kids! We confirm that the price vs comfort is absolutely amazing. The food was great - the choice and quality of food was excellent as well as the smiling and friendly cooks and waiters! Needless to say that both our kids 1 year and 2 years enjoyed the food without any health problems:). There is also a tobogan for kids, indoor swimming pool and baby club full of indoor kids activities. And the animation team with Calimero, Jamel, Maram and others was indeed "very nice":))) as sang in the club song:)). They were both professional dancers as well as enthusiasitic, friendly, guys and girls - wide range of offered acitivities, funny dances, funny evenings full of various entertaining. Chapeau bas, dear friends! We will miss your smiles:)) Only drawback of the hotel is a really shallow see with some sharp hidden stones, lot of seegrass and horses and camels piing on the sand were the kids are playing..Otherwise great place and great vacation, recommended for children. We will come back for sure:)

Room Tip: Chose the room on the right side of the hotel - more quite as the music is on almost the whole day a...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Petra_Pol2013
Třebíč
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had a pleasant stay 16.09.2013 - 23.09.2013....... it was one of best weeks in my life because there is Ibrahim and his animation team. I seemed here like The hotel with 5-th stars ...Samir, Jemal, Calimero, Anes, Rafael entertained us every day, we had so much fun with them.
Marcel Czecho

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Marcel M
Reviewed 16 September 2013

It is a very good hotel concerning price/quality. Good animation team and plenty of activities for every taste. Good location and very nice design.Service needs some improvement, especially in the restaurant. My room was very modern and light full. Great for animal lovers because there are cats walking in the gardens, as well as dogs, horses and camels on the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank isneves
Amadora, Portugal
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The expectations for a 3+ star hotel in Africa are usually low, but this hotel is surprisingly good. The rooms are simple but clean, the food (especially at dinner) is varied and tasty, the facilities and animation team make out for the rest. Watch out for the "All inclusive" because it is a bit of a mistake. Everything closes at 23h, and even when it's open there are a lot of stuff that you need to pay for. However, for the price you pay, you will spend a wonderful week.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sfrodrigues
Tunis, Tunisia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Location: Located right on a sandy beautiful beach.
Service: Very friendly and helpful staff, we had a little issue with the AC when we got our room so we called the reception asking for someone to come and fix it. Two minutes later, a repair guy showed up, checked it and told us it will be functioning in 10 minutes, which was the case. Also, the hotel has very funny and energetic pool animators offering all kinds of fun activities ( Pilates, Beach Volley Ball, Water polo, etc...
Food: If you like Tunisian food, then you will be in for a treat. I love Tunisian food so I might be biased since I was able to find yummy delicious traditional Tunisian food made with perfection.
We stayed at Meninx 5 nights and we wanted to extend our stay for 2 additional nights but we couldn't, it was overbooked...
I should also mention that it doesn't have a gym, I was disappointed until I discovered the all day beach activities that made up for it.
Needless to say, I spent 10 times the money we spent on our Meninx vacation in Santorini, Greece for a much lesser quality and I will regret it for the rest of my life... That said, if you are into beautiful sandy islands with great service, look no further, go to Djerba and stay in Meninx.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bassem B
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Very good hotel. Good quality vs price. Very close to the beach, excellent pool.
Reasonable food. Animation team every day.
The rooms are spacious. The only downside are the gnats at night.
The service staff is very helpful and friendly, with a particular affection for Karim the receptionist.

No doubt I will return and recommend. For the next time I will take the kids too.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple