“An excellent stay.”
Review of Ramada Plaza Tunis

Ramada Plaza Tunis
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Gammarth
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We had the opportunity to spend five days at the Ramada Plaza hotel in Gammarth. Our stay in this hotel was very pleasant and relaxing as the hotel is very peaceful, safe and has a very high level of cleanliness. The staff at this hotel were all very helpful, English speaking and very friendly. The room was spacious and well equipped with coffee making equipment, mini-fridge, safe, excellent air conditioning and all appliances working perfectly. The food was extremely good in all restaurants (both at the buffet and also at the a la carte restaurant). Pools are kept very clean and safe with constant pool surveillance. To sum up this stay, this hotel makes you feel safe, relaxed and well taken care of. We highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing environment and for maximum level of care which will enable you to enjoy a very pleasant holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank T_Far2013
RAMADAPlazaTunis, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Tunis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear M. T-Far,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.
We hope to be of service to you in the future.
Again, thank you for comments and if we can be of assistance to you, don't hestate to contact us.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Not a bad place to stay. The view from my room was beautiful! Check in and check out was a bit slow, and the place could use some updating. Overall, clean, no frills, quiet with a great view from the balcony.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BerninVA

Dear M. Bernin VA,

Reviewed 13 July 2013

It is a large hotel with very few people. The rooms were well-maintained and the breakfast has a wide selection (of which I admit I focused mainly on the breads which were excellent). The scrambled eggs were not appealing to me (more a sauce than eggs) but there were more than enough other options. The rooms are a bit dated and need some updates; however, they serve their purpose well with nice views. The wi-fi at the end of the hotel I was at was intermittent; however, I did not have any problems with access in the lobby area or the atrium above the lobby. The pool was very nice

Room Tip: Use the wi-fi in the lobby
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Zippydoo Toronto,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The Ramada Plaza hotel in Gammarth is a good hotel with an excellent buffet breakfast which you can have in the courtyard beside the pool. Rooms were comfortable (excellent bed), not luxurious, but really clean. Seemed to be catering for adults and business groups but this may have been a reflection on the time of year as schools were not on holiday. If going for business, don't rely on the in-room WiFi service as it is functionally non-existent. You can see the network but it will only function reliably from the main foyer areas. Restaurant menu is limited so worth taking a local taxi to eat elsewhere. Overall, nice place, well situated for Carthage and Sidi Bou Said and Tunis itself without the noise of the city.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The Ramada Plaza hotel in Tunis is quite nice. Large and spectacular foyer with friendly hosts who speak English and French (better French than English). It's true about the walls being relatively thin, but I haven't had too many issues. Breakfast is excellent with a wide variety of choices, including omelets to order, many homemade jams and excellent juices. A colleague complained about the coffee, but I haven't tried it myself.

It seems to be a great time to visit as it is not too busy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool if you can. The views are better. It's also probably quieter on t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WesternTraveler99
Reviewed 3 June 2013

First night I had to move because above my room a family moved in at midnight, and as there is practically no noise reduction (stone floor) it was simply too loud and went until 1 a.m., with the reception making empty promises to stop the noise. In the next room, the shower was not working. I notified the reception about this in the morning, afternoon, and evening, each time with nothing happening. So at night, I had to move to another room. I was not offered any assistance with the moving, and the staff would not apologise at any instance. When checking out, they forgot to give me back my passport, which they insisted on keeping when I checked in. So I had to turn the cab around and get it when being on the way to the airport already. No apology of course, and it took them desperate 5 minutes to actually find my passport.
I took part in a conference of about 80 participants - for coffee break they put up one single coffee machine, which did not even work for one coffee break. If you wanted tea (from the same single machine), the coffee would still drop into your tea-water. Internet was unreliable in some rooms (I could compare, having stayed in 3 rooms within 2 nights).
Lunch buffet was "organised" in a way to maximise the queue. When I asked for cutlery at the buffet next to the waiter handling the cutlery, he told me to sit down and wait until he would bring it. Which took some time (accompanied by an arrogant attitude). In fact, I wonder what the Arabic hospitality has come to, which I normally like so much? I guess, the locals have adapted too much to the style of the management and think, being aloof makes for a 5 star atmosphere. Maybe in a French restaurant in the 50s, but not today. I am travelling a lot on different continents, but this was my worst experiences for sure.

Room Tip: Take another hotel. Otherwise, take only a room on the top floor. And check immediatly whether every...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed here for four nights for business (workshop). The facilities were good, staff helpful. This is a big hotel on the beach (mediocre beach - nice for a stroll though), with a big pool etc... The weather was unseasonably cool but I still managed a dip in the pool. Rooms were fine/sufficient. All in all it's a good place for a business trip, but a little too big for my liking for a vacation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gammarth
El Mouradi Gammarth
Regency Tunis Hotel
Regency Tunis Hotel
#4 of 6 in La Marsa
Golden Tulip Carthage Tunis

Been to Ramada Plaza Tunis? Share your experiences!