We stayed here for 2 nights at the start and end of our tour. All rooms have small balconies with two plastic chairs and a table. The first room was spacious but smelled badly of smoke, which spoiled the stay. The second was quite small and did not even have a chair inside. Second stay was spoiled by having no water one morning, and that was not handled well by the hotel - no apology, compensation or even acknowledgement of the inconvenience.
The buffet is generous but marred by charging for fresh orange juice at breakfast. Service in the restaurant was good, with some delightful waiters and friendly breakfast chefs to cook your eggs. The separate Italian restaurant was very good.
Porters did not port for us, which lets down the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Mouradi Gammarth is situated alongside a beautiful beach of golden sand facing the forest of Gammarth and close to the town of La Marsa, once a summer resort for the beys (rulers) of Tunisia. It is near to the ruins of Carthage and the village of Sidi Bou Said and is 10 kilometres from Tunis-Carthage international airport and 15 kilometres from the capital Tunis. This new hotel is ideal both for holidays for pleasure and for business trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your El Mouradi Gammarth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Mouradi Gammarth Hotel Gammarth
- El Mouradi Gammarth La Marsa