“entertainment team and resturant staff made our holiday.”

Vincci Nozha Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“entertainment team and resturant staff made our holiday.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed st this hotel for 10days. ROOM mix up when we arrived we had booked a family room which I was lead to believe by my travel agent was 2 rooms as I was traveling with a 17 and 14 year old and didn't think it appropriate to share a room. I could upgrade but it would have costs me £500 pounds so did not take this offer. When we were should to the room the bathroom floor was wet and this got worse when the toilet was flushed. The hairdryer was broke. I could have just sat and cried, but pulled myself together and made the best of it, reception did have maintenance working on the problem and is was sorted promptly.
The restaurant was lovely food was good desserts amazing, beware of the highly snacks served this was just bread and salad and restaurant lights don't even get turned on. Once you find a good waiter stick with them because they will make your holiday ours was Anis and he made our holiday reserving us a table at the beach restaurant and the main restaurant he was always promt with drink. The management were extremely helpful appart from the general manager(his photo is in reception) in the main restaurant her could be extremely rude and abrupt.
The bar staff work extremly hard the boys that go back and for to the beach with drinks were a God send. Drinks served in plastic glasses however if you go to the main bar in the evening you will get a glass.
The entertainment team were extremely hard working and made an effort to include everyone. The fire show on our last night was spectacular.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vicky W
Ines M, quality Manager at Vincci Nozha Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Customer,
We would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel VINCCI Nozha Beach. for your holiday and have taken some of your valuable time to send us these comments. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you for your confidence. . we look forward to see you soon in one of our hotels in Tunisia.
(sami, Quality Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chessington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 7 days stay on 14/08/14, family group including grandparents, parents aunts & uncles and children. Rooms amazing with maids adding different touches every day ( e.g. towels arranged in different shapes and sprinkled with flower petals) very clean. We had a problem with the air conditioning which was sorted out within 5 mins of arriving in room (12.30am) Food fine and plenty of it with a very fussy 4 yr old finding plenty to eat every day even if sometimes it was an odd combination. Drinks were small but always available with bottled water given out freely. All Hotel staff very helpful and friendly, in fact all the Tunisians friendly, even to the airport and passport control. The only negative had nothing to do with the Hotel....money - take cash to change into dinar and make sure notes are not torn or ripped at all or the Hotels will not take them. Cash dispenser near the hotel empties quickly and despite what the Thomas Cook rep advised it DOES take cash from your account without actually handing out any, two members of the family had been debited without receiving dinar! So beware. Lovely holiday over too soon would go back tomorrow.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David D
Ines M, Quality Manager at Vincci Nozha Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Customer,
We would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel VINCCI Nozha Beach. for your holiday and have taken some of your valuable time to send us these comments. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you for your confidence. . We look forward to see you soon in one of our hotels in Tunisia.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from holiday at this hotel was a bit concerned when read reviews before going but no need to worry as food hotel and staff all very good only one problem on holiday was book with thomas cook rep and company useless no help on anything you want to do no rep on transfer from airport to hotel kept hanging around on any trips book with them better if booked with hotel

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank paul d
Ines M, Quality Manger at Vincci Nozha Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just arrived back from a weeks holiday at the Nozha Beach Hotel, with my family.

Positive points:

The hotel is clean, all the communal areas are nicely decorated and well maintained.

The rooms are cleaned daily, to a good standard, and the towels are changed daily.

The entertainment team are brilliant, even if you're convinced you won't be joining in, you find yourself dancing at the side of the pool hand in hand with strangers!

There is always plenty of food, as the restaurant closes for lunch, the snack bar opens.

Although the restaurant is always busy, the food is frequently replenished. The desserts, pizza, pasta, bread, and breakfast pastries are all superb!

Drinks are small but plentiful, bottled water is given freely.

There is a small on site shop for beach essentials and sun cream etc, I didn't find it too expensive, a bottle of after sun cost around 20 dinars, roughly £7.50.

There are a few shops directly outside the hotel which are perfectly safe to visit a few fixed price shops, and a few where you have to barter.

I can highly recommend the English breakfast outside the hotel. It was £25 for four of us to have a full English, but it was Devine!

The staff are on the whole great, and appreciate tips. We tipped two waiters in the restaurant and found ourselves in waiter wars, as they both battled to have us at their tables!

The beach is right there. It's beautiful, and safe. There are men going up and down the beach selling things (I can highly recommend the peanuts!) if you're not interested, a firm no thanks does the trick. They have tortoises ( and one guy had a chameleon!) to lure you in to conversation! There is security, and life guards on the beach who ensure you don't get hassled.

Slightly less positive :

If you're a fussy eater, you might struggle. I am fussy to an extent, and lived on pizza, bread, pasta and salad. I was never hungry (the desserts are to die for!). My husband ate like a king!

There are flies everywhere in the restaurant. It's a hot country, so it's to be expected.

There is no waiter service a breakfast, sometimes it was difficult to get a clean table straight away.

The evening entertainment was limited, and we found ourselves heading back to our room for respite from the heat.

The Russians and Germans were rude and greedy. They would take platefuls of food which would often get left. Very wasteful in a poorer country.

The bottled water at breakfast was 'top ups' from the night before, left with the lids off, but there was fruit juice available, and sealed bottled water was freely available in the bar.

The aircon was broken in our room for the first two days, although it did get fixed.

It is dirty outside the hotel, and you will get hassled. Unless you live in a perfect bubble, you accept that you're in a poorer country and things are different to home!

I got scammed by a boy outside the hotel selling jasmine. I bought one for 1 dinar, and he told me I hadn't paid enough (although I was well aware I had) I was happy to pay again, the boy was roughly the same age as my son selling flowers to tourists at 10 o'clock at night, and i wasn't going to begrudge the child 30 odd pence. If you don't want it, just say no!

My second from last morning, there was a cockroach in my bathroom, although I was horrified, it's common in hot countries, and I don't think it was a reflection of the cleanliness of the hotel.

My final evening was spoiled by not having any towels in my room. It was gone 7pm when we managed to procure four bath mats to enable us to shower for dinner! The reception staff were unsympathetic, and I was completely ignored for ages by the young man at the reception desk.

In summary, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Suzmumof2
Ines M, Quality Manager at Vincci Nozha Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice holiday and hotel, beautiful weather, pool and facilities with a lively and bubbly atmosphere. Lovely food and plenty of it, its a shame the food isn't all labelled as it means you don't know exactly what meat you're eating - if you ask you are likely to be told the animal but nothing more specific (e.g told beef - actually liver). However, for a buffet, food was hot and lots of choice.

The hotel entertainment is very good including pool and beach activities along with the entertainment staff who are always friendly and lively;
They work very hard, are always up for a joke and encourage all to get involved in the games.

There are also water sport activities on the beach that you can pay to take part in e.g jet ski's, banana boats..

Only moan is the reception staff who we found rude and unhelpful! Our room wasn't ready at 1700hours when we arrived, we were sent to the bar where we had to complete a form, asked for a pen and were told no as it was her only one and were offered no alternative. Once we'd borrowed a pen and completed the form we returned to reception hoping to be shown to our room and instead were bluntly told to remain in the bar.
Our room had a safe which we signed up to use which needed a code to activate and told staff would be up within 10mins to enter, waited in our room for staff, then returned to reception as staff didn't turn up, told would be another 10mins - we found that the reception staff didn't care that we were being kept waiting when all we wanted to do was explore the hotel and get into the pool after a long journey.

Apart from the reception staff the holiday was amazing, woke up early to see the sunrise at the beach with photographer which highly recommend for the price as well.

Would recommend the holiday and hotel which was very clean, 7-10days ideal trip.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank AKMullis
Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel VINCCI Nozha Beach. for your holiday and have taken some of your valuable time to send us these comments.It helps us to continue with the daily improvement of our establishment in order to offer the best service to our clients.
Worcester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel lovely modern hotel / rooms view to beach was beautiful
Hotel entertainment was good people was very friendly.
Down side was the food wasn't that good.
Also bars was opening the day we was leaving on the beach so we never got to experience that.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Laurasian25
Dear Customer,
We would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel VINCCI Nozha Beach. for your holiday and have taken some of your valuable time to send us these comments.About the Food On the buffet, the chef follows a cycle menu two weeks has different selection of food for all nationalities available in our hotel. The restaurant offers various choices of show cooking station (pizza, pasta, two types of meat or 4 choices show cooking).
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Arrived back 8/8/14 after 2 weeks in Tunisia

Please let me tell you im not a moaner and believe a holiday is what you make it, but unfortunately our perfect holiday had a number of flaws that I feel anyone booking with Thomas cook to stay at the vincci nozha should be made aware of.

After taking 3 months to pick our perfect family holiday for myself my wife and 2 children 12 and 4 we found ourselves disappointed that our holiday had not reached our full expectations.

BOOKED AN AFTERNOON FLIGHT
flight was changed by 3 hours without informing us and then had a 3 hour delay

TOLD OUR TRANSFER WAS 45MINS
it took at least 1hr 30mins to reach the nozha

ARRIVED AT THE NOZHA AT 5AM INSTEAD OF 11PM THE PREVIOUS DAY
had to fill out paperwork we had already filled out on the plane before being led to our room.

IN OUR SEA VIEW ROOM AT 5.20AM
we could just see the sea at a stretch but had a far better view of the restaurant refuge.

AT 5.30AM ASKED TO MOVE ROOMS TO POOL VIEW
had to wait until 1pm and pay an extra £90 for the pleasure.

BREAKFAST FIRST DAY
not a great selection but edible "scrambled egg on toast" but after the first day the toaster broke and that was the end of toast for the whole duration of the holiday.

AROUND THE POOL PLENTY GOING ON AND ANIMATION TRYING TO GET YOU INVOLVED
"volley ball" sorry have to be 17. " water polo" sorry have to be 17. "football" sorry have to be 17
so plenty for me to do at 42 but my 12 year old nothing. After 3 or 4 days of this my wife approached the rep who quickly disregarded the matter and pointed us to the kids club who weren't at all interested and threw us back to the hotel animation team. The animation team told us that Max organises 12 to 17 activities had been on holiday (ironically) and was back tomorrow. 2 days later Max took my son and a couple of others for a game of table tennis.

LUNCH AT POOL BAR BURGERS CHIPS AND A FEW FLIES
I ate at the pool bar in the day and it was just the same as any other all inclusive.

DINNER IN THE RESTUARANT
First impressions :- poor selection
big queues
empty serveries
greedy wasteful Russians
rude inconsiderate French and Germans
pasta or chips for children

After 4 days :- same poor selection
one servery closes at 8.15
2 serveries closed by 8.30
soft drinks run out by 8ish
piles of food wasted by Russians and a friend of ours had teeth marks in
his water melon????
pasta or chips for children.

PANORAMA RESTAURANT ACCROSS THE ROAD
If you have £30 a night to spare for a family of 4 save yourself the frustration of the hotel restaurant and eat here good food cheap and friendly. That's £30 main, desert and drinks.

KIDS CLUB WAS GREAT
My 4 year old loved it and met lots of friends. special thanks to Shannon, Shanade and Rachel who made my sons holiday fabulous.

HOTEL ANIMATION TEAM
Lots of energy and work long hours. very friendly and speak good English. Favourite of the animation team has got to be Azous he is always on the go likes a laugh and always has time for a chat. My personal favourite has to be Annie fresh, friendly and energetic.

HOTEL STAFF
bar staff, waiters, cleaners all very friendly.
most reception staff were ok but if you have an issue they can become very abrupt. It is in there nature to grind you down but dig your heels in and you will win eventually.

HOLIDAY OVERVIEW
This hotel has all the 4star amenities but lacks 4star quality as to be expected in Tunisia. If your looking for an activity filled holiday for adults or adults with children under 10 then this is perfect accommodation. Food quality and variety should be a lot better for the price Thomas cook charge for the holiday. This is not a family destination as stated by Thomas cook especially if you have teenage children. Other than a few issues we had a fantastic time but had to work at it to make it a great holiday instead of everything being perfect for us.

SPECIAL THANKS

SHANNON (kids club)
SHANADE (kids club)
RACHEL (kids club)

AZOUS (animation)
ANNIE (animation)

Room Tip: ask for pool view but can be noisey