“Very nice hotel in Hammamet”
Review of Hammamet Resort

Hammamet Resort
Ranked #77 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 13 May 2008

great hotel in Hammamet, quite/ private beach with survaillance, beach chairs and towells, beach bar with personal service... great!
Beautiful gardens, great villas, the rooms are huge, big bathroom, excelent opcion in Hammamet.

The food is fantastic, great cusine, tradicional cusine at the moment, fantastic buffet.

I thing it has renewed in 2003 or 2004, after our stay, so it must be better.

• Stayed: August 2003, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joao G

Reviewed 11 October 2007

We were at this hotel on September, it’s situated between Hamameth and Yasmine Hammamet , in a quiet zone with bars and some shops, it’s practically inside the beach. If you’re bored to be in the pool just walk along wonderful gardens for 200m and you’re straight in private beach with wonderful temperature Mediterranean sea and clean sand beach also includes a barbecue with nice prices you can eat and look the sea, nice umbrellas and free chairs always available (you have to ask the waiter the cushions), also fresh towels everyday, you have also a large variety os water sports including parashuts at very nice prices (20 td). The pool is small but deep, clean and looked after also with chairs and cushions.
The gardens were just fantastic and looked after everyday. The rooms were individual divided in small bungalows with a nice balcony, our’s was really huge. Clean fresh towels and cleaned everyday, the decoration gets us into Tunisia, it was brand new and remodelled, our daughter sleeped in a separated area divided by a curtain and had her privacy and all. We didn’t need to turn the air conditioner on (it was working and regulated in room) because the room was nicely fresh.. The reception hall of the hotel is small but cosy. The buffet was great with live food every days, the food was good but some days it just seemed that was not good variety for my taste (European LOL), huge breakfast and deserts were fantastic. We cold see they try to please every nationalities (fresh pasta for Italians, English breakfast, and Mediterranean food). There were very few English people and we were surprised. There were many Germans, Italians and French which are lucky because they speak same language, anyway the waiters were very nice and some of them spoke at least five languages, it’s easy to communicate with them. Evening animation was not very good but ideal for older people and children, but there were few families with children, which made the hotel quiet.
Altough hotel is not in the center the cab to there is only 4 TD and for Nebul market on Friday is only 11 TD. You have to bargain price with taxi men, also in shops, they start asking a high price but you’ll get it for a third or less, except at fixed price shops. If you want to buy nice souvenirs see first price of fixed price shops and then bargain at other shops. Surprisingly, the prices are lower at yasmine medina than in street shops.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank mtrsomar
Reviewed 23 August 2007

Situated in beautiful gardens and right on the beach, with a lovely pool, this is a perfect relaxation holiday!
Bungalows scattered around large gardens, stayed full board and the food is excellent, evening entertainment is limited but would be ideal for families. The hotel is being renovated from Nov 2007 - 2009 after which time my partner and I will definately be going back.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbie80811
Reviewed 5 April 2007

We stayed at this hotel from March 30-April 1, 2007, and just loved it! Very calm and relaxed, we had a large room with a seating area and a balcony with a view of the ocean. As it was off season, things were quite quiet, which we enjoyed. Nice low rise buildings, beautiful gardens, nice pool area - perhaps a bit tatty around the edges, but in my opinion that just added to the charm! I highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank betsytom
Reviewed 2 April 2007

My mother and I visited this hotel in the last week of March 2007. The rooms are sprawled out and surrounded by beautiful gardens that seem to be very well maintained. As the rooms were so spaced out, the only time you could see the large number of guests staying there, was at dinner! Although the location of the hotel is a bit far out, suited to those looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday, it is easy and cheap to get a taxi to Hammamet town centre, Hammamet Yasmine or even Nabeul.

As it was still a bit chilly, we did not swim in the pool or sea but both areas were clean and looked after. There are no lifeguards but this is made clear and guests are asked to keep an eye on their children especially in these areas. The security is good at this hotel. I went for a quick walk alone to the beach one afternoon and on the way back, I noticed a guard following (at a distance).

The majority of the guests seemed to be there for to golf or play tennis. There weren't many families with children, which is probably a good thing as I don't think there are many things to keep them entertained on site. The evening entertainment was varied and low key (no discos etc) but there are bars nearby if you want more activity.

The staff are great. Very friendly, chatty and willing to help. Breakfast and dinner were good, with a selection of cold & hot foods. I enjoy trying different foods and was never disappointed. If you go on an excursion which leaves early in the morning, it is still possible to get some breakfast, which is not always the case! A couple of the waiters even made us pack some oranges from the dining room for our trip away hehe!
We had a small problem with ants in our room, which was quickly sorted out after a quick phonecall to reception.

We took the train to visit Sousse and were advised to go from Bir Bouregba station instead of Hammamet, as this is on the mainline. The journey took 1 hour and is well worth the trip. Make sure you check the departure times as these can be spaced out.
Taxis in Hammamet are easier than in Sousse/Port el Kantaoui as they all use their meters (which apparently are checked reguarly by the police).

One note of caution - if you don't like being hassled in markets (souks) then it's better to shop in fixed price stores which can be found at the hotels (larger the hotel, larger the shop) and dotted around the towns. My mother really enjoyed the Friday market in Nabeul and said that there was far less hassle from the shopkeepers.

All in all, a good week away at a nice, comfortable hotel!

Stayed: March 2007
5  Thank SonjaLondon
Reviewed 15 October 2006

My wife and I have just returned from a week long short break to the Sheraton Hotel in Hammamet. We booked the holiday some months ago and I did not give it a thought that we would be there during Ramadan.

Let me deal with a couple of comments about the Hotel. It is situated like a lot of the Hotels on the coast right on the beach and the rooms are in little low level buildings set in fabulous mature gardens. The rooms are a little tired! Do not expect modern fixtures and fittings however what is there work perfectly well. The quality of the floor and wall tiles must have been fantastic when they were first fitted. While not dirty at all I just got the impression they really needed a serious abrasive scrubbing and subsequent polishing however that’s just the Do it yourselfer in me!

The swimming pool is clean and well maintained despite the fall of olives from the tress that surround it I did not see one in it at any time.

Public areas are again dated, however everywhere is very clean and well maintained. The staff we encountered were very friendly and welcoming. Samir is an older man (looks retired police or army) who hands out Towels and sun lounger mattresses on the beach. He is a lovely man who was seen to “box the ears” of a young beach seller who tried on the “I don’t have any change” routine when selling doughnuts. Also be warned the fruit sellers on the beach do charge much more that you can buy in the local shops. It is delicious though.

Breakfast is a huge buffet. Very small no smoking area though. Living in Scotland, where a public smoking ban has been in force since March, I have forgotten what it is like to have people smoking around me. As an ex smoker I was really put off by everyone smoking all around me at Breakfast. (That is my rant over).

Tourism to Tunisia is really suffering. I understand that a lot of people are reluctant to venture into a Muslim country. Let me assure readers the Tunisians are a very tolerant people, welcoming to strangers. Brush up on your school French and go visit.

In summary a very good, clean and friendly hotel, not luxury probably 3 star but well worth a visit. Guests mainly from Germany (a little sun lounger bagging!) Italy (best designer wear), Holland (that couple did not realise I could understand them!!) a large French contingent who are so lucky that they can communicate so easily with the locals who learn French from age 8, and very few from the UK.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
12  Thank travelleringscot
Reviewed 15 August 2006

Arranged a quick "Get away in September, 2005" We stayed at the Sheraton. We flew British airways from London Gatwick and arrived in Tunis at around 12.30 midday. Once we cleared arrivals, we were met by our travel rep, who escorted us to our transfer coach... This was not a coach, it was a top of the range 4x4. "Pritty impressive" We travelled through Tunis during mid day rush hour in about 39c, (Thank God for Air conditioning) arriving at the Sheraton around 2.45pm.

First impression was not that great, there was a noted smell of damp, the reception area is just a desk, and the offered fruit cocktail drink was served in a dirty glass.

The rooms were nice, clean, but needed a lick or paint. we had a ground flood room with a lovely patio. It rain one evening very heavy which resulted in the bathroom room being flooded with water from the bath and toilet. We were moved very quickly, two hotel staff came and packed all of suit cases and then un-packed for us in our new room.

The pool area was very quite, again, pool needed to be cleaned out, the pool bar was never opened and most of the tiles around the pool were craked.

Food in the evening was nothing special, breakfast to die for. they made freash dougnuts and the coffee was great.

Overall the best part of the hotel is the location. In a quite location directly in the beach, the beach is one of the nicest I have been to, the sand rivels the indian ocean, having said that, walking around the hotel grounds is also really pritty, very green ans very well looked after.

Would I go back? No, I did have high expeactions of this hotel, I would not rate it a 4 start more like a 2. However, if this was 20 years ago I would say it would have been a 5 start
This hotel really needs a bit more TLC it has great potenial but be warned, most things are now a bit tatty

I did have a nice holiday, the staff were friendly, drinks and food was cheap enough

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled as a couple