“awesome holiday”
Review of Kinza Hotel

Kinza Hotel
Ranked #79 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 29 August 2012

we booked this hotels last few days 1 week fully inclusive did not read any comments about it ,we had great time great value for money ,very clean ,very pleasent very polite ,great atmosphere ,great choice of food ,but the the most importante time in this hotel was the entertainments was awesome really brilliant every 1hour there's activity specialy for kids / couples / excellent for families . i would like to thank for the entertainments team mahdi / ahmed / baggio / willie and all the staff in the restaurant + the bar + all the waiters mahmoud + moez big up respect bouha / balha

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mahmoud g

Reviewed 11 August 2012

we went to kinza zenith for 2wks . and after reading some of the reviews we wernt sure we had done the right thing . but on arriving there we was greated with a very warm welcome n was given a nice refreshing cocktail drink. some of the food was bland but its a 3* hotel n not a 5*. in some reviews ppl was moaning about the train going past the hotel early in the morning . we was in a room near the train track n it never bothered us . the way we look at it the tunisians are allowed to go work n support n feed their familys. the pools was very clean and the water in them was tested every morning like the food in the restaurant was tested. the animation team was great and we will defo be going back

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susan s
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Ignore the negative reviews - it's a great hotel
Hotel - clean and tidy, landings always being mopped, rooms cleaned every day, and beds made up, we even had the mandatory towels dressed as swans (a tip goes a long way on day one!). At either end of the hotel complex were two unused receptions area's, clearly from when this was three hotels, however this made for a great photo opportunity for my daughter (studying photography) or a deserted hotel reception!, the staff were friendly and made very effort to speak English, they are so used to the rude french that they can be a bit off until they realize you are English and then cant do enough (a please and thank you goes so far, as they don't get that from the french), one bar man went out of his way to make traffic light colored fruit cocktails for my daughters every night when they cam e down to use the free (yes free) wifi in the main bar. Again a tip here and there goes so far to secure a good service (I get one dollar bills before I go away to tip with)
Food - Good and plentiful, always a good varsity and something for all tastes, you are in Tunisia in a hotel catering for french, so don't expect sausages and bacon and English food
Drinks - again like to food good and plentiful, beer very tasty (although week, but not watered down) and wine odd, but passable, the kids were happy with the fizzy pop and fruit drinks, and water in abundance, if you want a bottle you have to buy it,m but they will fill one up for free from the water filter for you if you ask.
Grounds - Two lovely and warm pools, we stayed by the quieter one, which was very deep at the deep end, there was a nice bar with drinks and food during the day, again a tip kept a continual supply of fruit coming from the chef and glasses rather then plastic cups from the bar man, the gardeners were always around and the green grass watered every day, sun beds a plenty but get out by 9am to towel some or the good ones will go, I'm an early riser so always had pick of the sun beds
Animation - with two older kids we didn't get involved, we did a bit of archery, but otherwise they left us alone, although would always offer a happy hello when they walked past
Hawkers - two henna tattooists (and we told them that the kids would have henna tattoos at the end of our stay and they left us alone) and one trip seller all based at the hotel, no one from outside came in, we went gift shopping at the small parade of shops opposite and were left to browse in peace.
Overall - a very good hotel with great staff and lovely grounds,m good food and passable drinks, for the amount we paid (for two rooms) we couldn't have expected more, ignore the negative reviews, they are missing the whole point of an all inclusive hotel in a Muslim country coming out the back of a revolution

Room Tip: The main body of the hotel (overlooking the pool) can be noisy at night
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank sjbullnet
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I didn’t expect much from this hotel but over all it was good value for money. There are 3 different hotel in the same area, but only this one was open. The rooms are really small and a bit old but ok for a 3 star hotel. In my opinion the garden is the best part of the hotel it’s spacious and has 2 pools. The food was good and there were lot of different desserts.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 123Voyage
Reviewed 20 October 2011

fantastic holiday went august 31st 2011 on arrival greeted with drinks maids were fantastic animation team and entertainment fantastic. would go back again thoroughly enjoyed ourselves .good choice of food and cooked very well .the staff asked if you wanted to join in but never uncomfortable at all .the reps did presure us but we ignored them .would highly recomend it even though it was full of french but did make freinds with lots of english couples.if you dont mind the french go their .also staff spoke good english.

Room Tip: make sure your in kenza zenith part of hotel as two hotels connected
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Darren N
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I just got back from two weeks in the zenith hotel. It is a large hotel complex with I don't know how many rooms. There is a large variation in the quality of the rooms. The management uses different strategies to maximize their profit which is normal for a business. But some of the strategies are a little dishonest at best. First of all they list the hotel by at least two different names on the Internet but in fact it's the same hotel, zenith and kinza, and once you get there the name on the hotel is Sunny.

When you read the differences in the commentaries you wonder if people are talking about the same hotel. Maybe this can be explained in that people's expectations are different. If you regularly eat at McDonald's maybe you will not have a problem with the food that they serve.

For the rooms, it's somewhat of a lottery as to which room you get. But in talking with several guests who had a similar experience to mine, the reception to the hotel is a little shady. When I arrived 1 July the hotel was not at capacity so naturally I asked the clerk if she was giving me a nice room. With a smile she assured me that I was receiving one of the nicest rooms in the hotel with a view on the pool. I had booked a triple for two adults and one child and when I saw the room it was a standard room with an extra bed, with very worn fixtures, an old bathroom with calcium deposits all over and the smell of disinfectant.
I returned downstairs and told her that I was not happy with the room and that I could not imagine spending two weeks there. She told me that she had no other options for that day and that I could come back to speak with the director in two days because he was not working the next day. I told her firmly that I had no intention to speak with the director and that she needed to resolve my problem today. Then she said that she would give me another choice of rooms tomorrow if I came down at 10 o'clock since they were still preparing rooms.
When I arrived the next morning there were other clients complaining about the conditions of their rooms. One in particular was very unpleasant. I follow the very unpleasant couple and talk diplomatically to the lady at the reception and finally I ended up with a very nice room. 300% better than the room I had slept in the night before. From talking with other clients who had experience the same maneuver, clients are given bad rooms the first night and if they don't complain you will stay there for your entire vacation.
The other condition of satisfaction is the price that you pay. I had booked my trip well in advance and had a rate that was so low it was almost unbelievable for all inclusive.
As far as the food I was pleasantly surprised for the first few days that the food seemed fine. The beer was okay but the wine was undrinkable. The other local alcoholic beverages were also not good. All of the sodas and juices were overly sweet and undrinkable for me. The coffee was okay.
As the first week ended and the second week began, I found little pleasure in eating the food. It was like being in a hospital. After I realized that the quality of the ingredients were the worst that could be found in Tunisia. I mean they produce vegetables that are imported to Europe but it seemed that most of the vegetables served there would not be accepted by Europe.
I had expected that the food would not be the best and had already planned that we would eat outside of the hotel once a day. There were several restaurants within a 10 minute walk of the hotel that served excellent Tunisian food as well as fresh seafood for less than €10 per person.
The hotel was clean and the cleaning ladies were good and pleasant. I normally gave her a tip of one euro per day.
The animation in the hotel was good and the kids club was fined also.
There were shows each night put on by the animation team which were good and my daughter insisted to go each night. After the first week I would remain in the café during the show and would meet her afterwards. The music was too loud.
They had a disco in the complex but after our second visit we never returned. If you are interested in the nightlife there some good clubs 15 minutes away from the hotel by taxi. The oasis and the Latino.
All in all I was satisfied with my trip based on the price that I paid and the fact that I went at the beginning of the season. By the time I left the hotel was much more crowded and I was in fact happy to leave.
Don't expect more than a three star Tunisian hotel, realize that you may have to put some effort in negotiating the conditions of your stay, try to get out of the hotel and see some other things and be careful whenever you are receiving change from your purchases.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank daddio075
Reviewed 13 July 2011

just got back, holiday was horrible..... lude staff, inappropriate comments and inappropriate touching..... uncooked food, constant whistle blowing from 10am till 7pm with the animation team forcefully getting you off your sun lounger and wanting you to take part in their activities.... constant hassle from trip reps trying to get you to buy their trips. NOT A RELAXING HOLIDAY..... DO NOT GO IF YOU ARE JUST FEMALES...... you will just be new meat to them!!!!!! tunisian people very rude and shout abuse at you in the street. Went for 2 weeks A.I. refused to eat the restaurant food for last week as we where all so ill.......PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME, EFFORT AND HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS DUMP!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends