“Poor Service, Grumpy Staff”

Hotel Le Royal Hammamet
Ranked #44 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
“Poor Service, Grumpy Staff”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at the Le Royal, we were met by a friendly, helpful receptionist, offered a cold drink and felt very welcome.

The pool area isn't clean. The staff there don't seem to want to attend to offering drinks etc.. And the service is poor.

The beach area is disgraceful, excrement and littered with rubbish, and we got chased by a guy on a camel and a guy charging around on a stallion!!

The worst experience is the 'free trip' we were given from the hotel whereby we were taken to a carpet seller, who were "Government Recommended". We have been completely mis-lead. Hard sell was expected but the rug we bought cost an additional £300, and the took the card payment twice! Refuse to go on the trip - it'll save a lot of heartache and stress!

The hotel was clean in most parts. The entertainment during the day was children focused, and played the same music over and over again!

The food was good, varied and mostly warm. However we did spot one manager coughing into the milk whilst he was inspecting it!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
Sweimeh
Reviewed 27 July 2013

It was my first time to Hammamat and had to stay at this hotel in particular because I was joining a tournament held there! But it turned out to be wonderful, the hotel is spacious and clean, pools are big and relaxing...
We enjoyed aqua aerobics every day at the pool.
Staff are friendly and helpful.
The beach is wonderful, clean white sand and clear water.
It was such a relaxing stay and I would definitely do it again if I ever visited Hammamat again.

• Stayed June 2013
Sfax, Tunisia
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I spent three nights in this hotel and I was really disappointed by the poor quality of room service ( I don't even notice that the room service passed by).
The room smells moisture.
The personnel is not that helpful and don't take care of the guests.
The food is average and the choice is very limited.
I wouldn't stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013

Travellers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and my 3 years old daughter over a weekend
The stay was very good and the staff was very friendly.
The hotel is very nice, the room was big enough and the food was abundant and diversified.
The outdoor swimming pool in big and nice.
The negative points that I can raise are that the indoor swimming pool size. It is very small.
Besides, the atmosphere and the animation are rather poor for a Saturday night.
Last but not least and the most shocking issue is the small insects inside the room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tunis, Tunisia
Reviewed 4 April 2013

From the outside the place looks very posh, but it's let own by poor service. We had to ask several times for someone to deliver the cot we had ordered in advance. Mass school canteen type catering arrangements are not my cup of tea, though to be fair the food was quite good. That many of the facilities were closed - it was still the low season when we went - didn't help either.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

being in this hotel for our honey moon we're so shocked by the staff behavior who are aggressive and don't accept claims.
in fact they give us a very noisy room which doesn't match our reservation for a superior room,they never say 'sorry' for their mistake , even the customer manager talks to us as if we're guilty to ask our right for a high quality room( we paid for it!)

breakfast is really basic , staff antiphatic and non professional...
there are many lovely hotels in tunisia and really this one is a shame!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank aymentunisien
Americus, Georgia
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I was charged 250 Dinar for a pedicure and possibly the worst esthetic (asked for "deep tissue") massage I've ever had. THEY LAID ME ON THE FLOOR! NO MASSAGE TABLE! The masseuse was unprofessional, when I rolled over she didn't cover my breasts with towel as they do in every other spa I've been to. My little sister gives a better massage...the masseuse used hot oil and WAY TOO MUCH! She just rubbed the oil into my skin and didn't even give a massage let alone a deep tissue massage.

Prior to my services I asked for a brohure so I could see what they offer (and the prices) and I was told they don't have one. The spa is beauiful to look at, but I felt ugly when I left! The pedicure lady left me alone in the room for 15 minutes withour checking on me...she wanted my feet to soak in the bath which seems nice, but the WATER WAS COLD AFTER 5 MINUTES! I I was so upset I walked out of the room and told a gentleman I wanted to end my pediure, he told me to wait a minute and got the lady doing my pedicure--Worst pedicure ever. She gave me about 6 bottles of nail polish to choose from, I wanted a french pedicure but that didn't seem to be an option. She gave me tea when my pedicure was done but I would've preferred coffee.

DON'T VISIT THE BUFFET! I don't need to explain...just walk 10 min to the marina and go to a restaurant!
IF 3.5 Stars was an option I would've given it this rating....

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family