“Very nice indeed”

Hotel Le Royal Hammamet
Ranked #48 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
“Very nice indeed”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We spent a sunny winter weekend here. A delicious dinner on Saturday evening was followed by a very good nights sleep. After a brisk walk on the beach on Sunday morning I retreated to the hotel spa for a hammam and massage. Really enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Arabic first
england
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I am a frequent traveler for business & pleasure; I have often stay in 5 * hotels in Tunisia &
some 5 star hotels need to be reviewed by the Tunisian Tourism Authority !

However; Le Royal Yasmine Hammamet become my second home every time when I visit Hammamet.

I have hosted a business event for my company ``walnut finance ``based in Twin Tower Dubai
we were 300 pax business investors having a conference for 5 days; and it was absolutely
a successful event.

From the day we arrived to the hotel till the day we have departed. When my PA placed a booking enquiry to get the best option to suit our prestigious event for a 5 days Conference & bed rooms rate at Le Royal Yasmine ; Le Royal has responded promptly out of 4 seems to be a 5 star hotels ! I know it that my instinct & experience was a SPOT ON !

The conference facilities both in doors & out doors were second to none; the catering services
and the variety of meals we have had during our stay was to a Michelin Star standard.

I was very impressed that the Tourism Law in Tunisia oblige all hotels to have a full time
hygienist on duty to check the general cleanliness through out the hotel; & they get a regular
mystery visit by the Health Hygiene officer to check all recorded files this will include the analyses of the water in the pool ! I was well impressed about this legislation !
Sadly; You will never find this legislation in Europe ! we are focused in COST CUTTINGS & hope the best that the management do the JOB !

May take this great opportunity to thank all staff & management to make our 5 days a success!
I have already booked another event this year in June for 180 pax to stay 3 days; & I am looking forward for another yet a successful business event !

My special Thanks to the hotel GM Mr Moncef; Mr Jamel; Mr Aniss; Ms Sofiette; Feisal;
Rabeh; Mohammed at reception; the night manager; the chef & his team; the security; both Dalila & khadija from Houskeeping department; & the Entertainment team Karim & Rajeh!
& finally Samir & sofiene from the Food & Beverage team & not to forget Mahmood; houcine
& Talal the maintenance management those folks are behind the scene & never get mentioned
in customer care comments ! Well done Team; you have made it happen for my conference
to be a success !

Philippe

Room Tip: I strongly recommend for any one to stay at ``The Presidential Suite `` it is the Rolls Royce !
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I've been for work and this time with the children. . Very nice place . Nice food good service and smiles and worth the money spent.. the spa is beautiful and the treat remembred . The place where the hotel is located is near the marina in south hammamet. We can go and have a coffee and a chicha traditional pipe on foot.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Anissajoulakj
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights for a conference. The service was terrible, the rooms smelled awful and the staff was extremely rude (not just incompetent, but actually very rude). Our AC did not work and they did not send someone to fix it because "everyone was busy", they also refused to provide an iron for clothes because the ones they had were on loan and could not get them back for 12hrs (which just seems insane to me)

If you have to stay in Hammamet, you should look for somewhere else. I give it a 2/10.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Neil M

Travellers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

Reviewed 21 September 2013

During my stay in this hotel I enjoyed its nice facilities from swimming pools indoor and outdoor, its nice restaurants and service quality. The personnel are very friendly and helpful.
Just I want to suggest that more attention should be brought to the maintenance of the room as some bulbs need to be changed and may be some minor renovations to be done to be up to the 5 stars standard.
Overall it is a very good hotel that I recommand to my friends and I will come back to it for sure.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We recently stayed at Le Royale and absolutely loved it! We went as a large group and the hotel staff were more than happy to cater to our needs. The resort is beautiful and stunning with loads of pools so you dont feel crowded, and your surrounded by an amazing scenary that is so peaceful. The beach was good as it was private and only for the hotel guests, however was unfortunate that it had camel excrement everywhere.
The food was really good as they had a variety to choose from and everything was made fresh, which made the stay more pleasant.
The room service was prompt and very clean, and trustworthy.
The entertainment catered for children every night, which was good for families, but not so good for couples and singletons.
The pools were extremely clean and safe guarded by staff members on sight, as well as waiters bringing drinks back and fourth.

Overall I would rate this hotel 5/5, and would definetly recommend it to others especialy families, and will definetly be returning there very soon! =)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at the Le Royal, we were met by a friendly, helpful receptionist, offered a cold drink and felt very welcome.

The pool area isn't clean. The staff there don't seem to want to attend to offering drinks etc.. And the service is poor.

The beach area is disgraceful, excrement and littered with rubbish, and we got chased by a guy on a camel and a guy charging around on a stallion!!

The worst experience is the 'free trip' we were given from the hotel whereby we were taken to a carpet seller, who were "Government Recommended". We have been completely mis-lead. Hard sell was expected but the rug we bought cost an additional £300, and the took the card payment twice! Refuse to go on the trip - it'll save a lot of heartache and stress!

The hotel was clean in most parts. The entertainment during the day was children focused, and played the same music over and over again!

The food was good, varied and mostly warm. However we did spot one manager coughing into the milk whilst he was inspecting it!

• Stayed July 2013