“Multiple visits have shown consistency to maintain quality standards in service!”

Hotel Le Royal Hammamet
Ranked #52 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I am now staying at Le Royal for the second time in two months. This is off season in Hammamet and it is very clear that most hotels are near empty. Here at Le Royal, there is a conference taking place that has brought some forty clients, similar to my visit here in January. In both visits, the hotel staff has shown a level of professionalism not always seen in Tunisian hotels. The staff has been providing very nice service in all areas; rooms, restaurants, front desk and conference provisions. The hotel also has a nice spa and fitness room.

The rooms are spacious and include free wi-fi, the breakfast and dinner for "half board" would not win culinary awards for creativity, but has been ample with variety and good taste.

All in all, these two visits to Le Royal have been very positive and I look forward to returning for a visit in the "high", summer season and hope that the standards maintain even when the hotel is full.

Kudos to the management and staff at Le Royal, Hammamet.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JerryTheRugGuy

Reviewed 9 March 2014

1st time to Tunisia, and we arrived very late (just after midnight) at the hotel after a delayed landing. On arrival the staff were expecting us, and took our passports to complete our check-in forms on our behalf whilst we went to eat in the Buffet Restaurant, they had kept food available. After eating, we returned to reception to collect our passports and keys, the staff were most efficient and friendly. We were on the 1st floor with views over the pool, the room was lovely. Large entrance hall with wardrobes and toilet facilities off. This led into a small lounge area with its own TV, Balcony, sofa and chairs, and this then led into the bedroom, with a large dressing area and a fully equipped bathroom off. Talking to other guests, we must have been given an upgraded room, as this didn't seem the standard room, though even other guests seemed satisfied.
The main lobby area was very grand, with a few shops off, a bar, main restaurant and another restaurant. The indoor pool too was off this area along with access down to the Spa area which was very impressive, and talking to other guests, extremely good value.
We stayed in the hotel for 1 week, and during our stay all the staff were very helpful and friendly, couldn't do enough for you. They're was a couple of pool areas outside which led straight onto the beach. The beach look nice but needed some cleaning up of seaweed to be done by the waters edge. I suspect this would be done before the summer season, it was quiet whilst we were there. The Harbour area was only a short walk (5 mins) along the beach, or about a 10 min walk up the road. There were loads of shops, restaurants and bars in and around the harbour area, though a lot right in the harbour were shut down, again I suspect waiting for the summer season.
Along with the main Buffet restaurant, there was an al la carte restaurant, which if you were staying half board they offered a 20% discount. My only disappointment with this hotel was the food, we only ate in the buffet restaurant, which whether due to the quiet season, they kept a smaller choice than normal? But there was always a temperature issue with the hot food. There was always a fresh pasta station and meat choice that fine, but the other was only luke warm at best. All the waiters though were great.
Your not allowed to get the Tunisian Diner (the local currency) outside of the country, but there was never a problem getting any quantities from the hotel reception, though they will not buy it back, apparently this can only be done at the airport, so don't get too much, buy small amounts more frequently.
We played golf at the local courses, Citrus (Olives & Foret) & Yasmine. All course offered a good test, with the Citrus "Olives" course probably the easiest, and Foret the hardest. Watch the greens at Yasmine, they are very tricky, well worth a caddy, they were worth shots when it came to putting. The greens I would rate 7/10 at Citrus and 9/10 at Yasmine, but the fairways, tees and surrounding area only 4/10, very patchy in places, you need to play preferred lies.
Overall, its a nice place but could up their game with their supposedly hot food, the desserts were fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HongKongPhooey28
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We spent a sunny winter weekend here. A delicious dinner on Saturday evening was followed by a very good nights sleep. After a brisk walk on the beach on Sunday morning I retreated to the hotel spa for a hammam and massage. Really enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I am a frequent traveler for business & pleasure; I have often stay in 5 * hotels in Tunisia &
some 5 star hotels need to be reviewed by the Tunisian Tourism Authority !

However; Le Royal Yasmine Hammamet become my second home every time when I visit Hammamet.

I have hosted a business event for my company ``walnut finance ``based in Twin Tower Dubai
we were 300 pax business investors having a conference for 5 days; and it was absolutely
a successful event.

From the day we arrived to the hotel till the day we have departed. When my PA placed a booking enquiry to get the best option to suit our prestigious event for a 5 days Conference & bed rooms rate at Le Royal Yasmine ; Le Royal has responded promptly out of 4 seems to be a 5 star hotels ! I know it that my instinct & experience was a SPOT ON !

The conference facilities both in doors & out doors were second to none; the catering services
and the variety of meals we have had during our stay was to a Michelin Star standard.

I was very impressed that the Tourism Law in Tunisia oblige all hotels to have a full time
hygienist on duty to check the general cleanliness through out the hotel; & they get a regular
mystery visit by the Health Hygiene officer to check all recorded files this will include the analyses of the water in the pool ! I was well impressed about this legislation !
Sadly; You will never find this legislation in Europe ! we are focused in COST CUTTINGS & hope the best that the management do the JOB !

May take this great opportunity to thank all staff & management to make our 5 days a success!
I have already booked another event this year in June for 180 pax to stay 3 days; & I am looking forward for another yet a successful business event !

My special Thanks to the hotel GM Mr Moncef; Mr Jamel; Mr Aniss; Ms Sofiette; Feisal;
Rabeh; Mohammed at reception; the night manager; the chef & his team; the security; both Dalila & khadija from Houskeeping department; & the Entertainment team Karim & Rajeh!
& finally Samir & sofiene from the Food & Beverage team & not to forget Mahmood; houcine
& Talal the maintenance management those folks are behind the scene & never get mentioned
in customer care comments ! Well done Team; you have made it happen for my conference
to be a success !

Philippe

Room Tip: I strongly recommend for any one to stay at ``The Presidential Suite `` it is the Rolls Royce !
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I've been for work and this time with the children. . Very nice place . Nice food good service and smiles and worth the money spent.. the spa is beautiful and the treat remembred . The place where the hotel is located is near the marina in south hammamet. We can go and have a coffee and a chicha traditional pipe on foot.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Anissajoulakj
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights for a conference. The service was terrible, the rooms smelled awful and the staff was extremely rude (not just incompetent, but actually very rude). Our AC did not work and they did not send someone to fix it because "everyone was busy", they also refused to provide an iron for clothes because the ones they had were on loan and could not get them back for 12hrs (which just seems insane to me)

If you have to stay in Hammamet, you should look for somewhere else. I give it a 2/10.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed 21 September 2013

During my stay in this hotel I enjoyed its nice facilities from swimming pools indoor and outdoor, its nice restaurants and service quality. The personnel are very friendly and helpful.
Just I want to suggest that more attention should be brought to the maintenance of the room as some bulbs need to be changed and may be some minor renovations to be done to be up to the 5 stars standard.
Overall it is a very good hotel that I recommand to my friends and I will come back to it for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013