Myself and my partner stayed at les orangers beach resort in march and had researched the hotel and the resort a lot before booking as Tunisia had not been a location we had thought about before. On the coach travelling from the airport to the hotel we were apprehensive, to say the least, as the countryside in Tunisia is very littered and spoilt. As we came into the resort, where most shops and amenities are aimed at tourists we remained a little concerned about our decision to come to Tunisia;the whole resort is a mismatch between run down and dirty buildings amongst building sites..I'm sure in years to come the resort will be much more attractive when the new buildings are finished and the run down buildings have gone. There didn't seem to be much around for tourists to do or see just lots of convenience stores, pharmacies and run down cafes. As we drove into the hotel grounds we were suddenly much more excited about our holiday. A beautifully decorated and exceptionally welcoming hotel, the staff were faultless for the whole stay and could not do enough to help you. Food was brilliant as many other people had commented before us, lots of choice even for fussy eaters like myself. The hotel grounds were beautiful with orange and lemon trees and lots of flowers everywhere. The weather let the holiday down as it was cold and windy for most of the week but that was the risk we took going in march; The indoor pool was the saving grace when weather was awful. We went on a trip to see the medians; an experience but a stressful and exhausting one...not for us...I felt very pressured to buy things and if you change your mind about wanting to purchase something I found the shop workers could become quite agressive in manner and I found this rude and intimidating. We did ask the hotel manager where we could shop in 'fixed price' shops and he told us where to go and how to get a taxi, it wasn't far and was a much more plesant experience and we got some great bargains. We also booked a trip called African dream, to a safari park and evening with African dancers and dinner. Not overly expensive but we were disappointed by the animal park, a bit of a culture shock for us as we had visited longleat a few weeks before our holiday and let me assure you its nothing like that! The dinner was ok and African dancers was brilliant but trip ended a lot earlier than we had been lead to believe and not really value for money, we thought. Tipping caused a few issues for us as my partner and I were happy to tip if something met or exceeded our expectations but there were a few things which we had paid for that did not meet out expectations and we therefore did not wish to tip; this was not reieved very well. We also went on the two day saharah trip which was the highlight of our holiday...fabulous trip enjoyed every stop. Early morning starts both days but absolutelty incredible memories of watching sunset on the saharah on camels and watching the sun rise across the saltlakes was just unforgettable. Hotel for the night during the trip is very basic and food for whole trip is just chicken and couscous and soup but it was worth it for the memories and photographs we got on that trip.
Overall glad we went. Hotel was excellent, resort failed to meet expectations but the saharah trip made up for it. Won't go again but glad we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows 4* ALL IN 24h/24 Certified ISO 9001/ ISO 22000/ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 The hotel is located on a superb immaculate beach of golden sand, guarantees all Safety for children and swimmers, overlooking the picturesque Fort Hammamet. Its beautiful setting of 12 ha of orange trees and jasmin flowers offers big space of relaxation and entertainment for both adults and childrens enjoying together unforgettable holidays. The orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows is situated 4 km away from Hammamet centre and at a 5 mins drive from both championship golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, HotelsClick, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orangers Beach Resort And Bungalows
- The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows Hotel Hammamet
- Orangers Beach Hotel
- Orangers Beach Resort All Inclusive