“Second Visit!”

The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows
Ranked #7 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is our second visit to this hotel and we were slightly disappointed. We have heard the management has changed over and has made changes to the hotel which has become apparent. As it was our second stay we were very happy to see the same staff from our first visit. As always the staff were brilliant! could not fault them! The food on the other hand was not good, Low quality produce and not very well cooked. This was very disappointing for us as on our first visit the food was lovely and there was plenty of choice. The hotel has built another restaurant on the beach, it is in a great location and a lovely addition to the hotel, again unfortunately the food isn't up to much. The hotel is still well maintained, clean and modern and the staff will go out of there way for you. The pool area is clean and a great place to relax. We didn't use the beach much but it was clean with plenty of sun loungers. The entertainment team are still very good but unfortunately they were so busy that we did not have much chance to catch up with them. The entertainment is still very good but was outside and it did get a little chilly. I would go back to this hotel if the food was to change.

Room Tip: The bungalows on the beach are beautiful and worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 April 2013

this was my first time in Tunisia and in this hotel i cant say a bad word about it food was good entertainment was great.. Everyone was all very friendly and kind would go back again tomorrow if i could :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeckyC5189
Reviewed 18 April 2013

My 7th stay at this gem of a hotel. Great location. Friendly staff and although many of the emtertainment staff this time are new, they cannot be faulted. Things to do all day if you want or simply relax in the sun like me. Food and drink plentiful and available all inclusive 24 hours a day. I love it....!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Clive J
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Just returned from les oranges with family,excellent hotel made very welcome, entertainment team very good especially if you get involved good laugh,rooms great,great with kids waiters great,the building work that is going on next door is due to the fact that the hotel is expanding in to the hotel next door which will be a 5*

1  Thank 534Steve
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Having travelled to Tunisia last year we knew what to expect within a little. My Mum had really wanted to go to this hotel (but last year it was fully booked) and I was worried that we would be disappointed. However, we were pleasantly surprised.

Arrived to the hotel in pouring rain having experienced a delay outbound although we did not let this dampen our spirits. We were taken to reception and given a glass of orange whilst filling out forms and getting our wristbands before being shown to our rooms. Gladly, we were also informed that we could still get a drink and some food having arrived at about 1 in the morning.

Room-
Our room was pleasing, the complimentary robes and slippers were a nice touch and my Mum made full use of these. In the rooms there is everything you could need, hairdryer, TV, travel sewing Kit, shampoo etc. Great!
However, upon entering the balcony, we were quite shocked. The view to our dismay was that of a building site. Similarly,it could also do with a lick of paint, which I noticed was the same throughout the whole block of rooms. We did get used to the building work and the builders did in fact provide a bit of amusement throughout the week. The bed was comfortable and was grateful of the quilt in the wardrobe as the first few nights were quite chilly. Otherwise the rooms were ideal.

Food and Restaurants-
My Mum is a vegetarian and I am not but we found plenty to suit both our tastes. I am also a fairly picky eater yet I don't think I had the same meal twice despite some reviews saying there was little variety. My Mum also was quite happy that there was an array of food on offer that caters for vegetarians. This sentiment covers both the main restaurant and the beach restaurant.
The beach bar wasn't open at the time of our visit, I don't think, but the pool bar was and the snacks available here were delicious. The chef that does the snacks here is very entertaining and even though there was a slight wait sometimes, it didn't feel long as he kept us laughing. Panini!

Staff-
Bit of a generalised subheading here but all the staff were exceptional. Faultless. The cleaner who done our room, friendly and she did an excellent job, The waiters in the restaurants, attentive, friendly and very polite. The barmen in both the Semi Ramis and Jasmin, were,again attentive, friendly and gave a great service, no matter how busy. The porters and doormen, the receptionists, lifeguards/pool men, gardeners, maintenance men etc all had a smile and a hello. The staff really make this hotel, their employer should be proud because without them, I don't think this hotel would be half as good.

Entertainment-
Deserved of it's own subheading. As I was studying for my A level exams, I was worried that I would be disturbed and hassled to take part in events regularly and as this was my first time to a hotel with animation, I was unsure of what to expect. However I was only asked to participate in events if I showed a slight interest first. This was great as it meant that I could relax and take part at my leisure. The events on offer were varied from water aerobics to archery. Didn't participate in any of the poolside games as I was revising and did lack the confidence however did take part in the dancing after these games. Both my Mum and I did the archery though, very nerve racking as had never done it before but it was the best activity I've ever done. We were showed the basics and everyone watching was supportive. The more confidence you gained, the better you got and the better the atmosphere got. Could really have a laugh with Dido and the other guests.
The night time entertainment was also very good. Unfortunately we missed a few nights entertainment as we were settling into a routine but the shows we did see were funny and exceedingly entertaining. The Animation team are a real credit to this hotel. Always smiling and the laughs they have with guests and each other really do make a difference, I think, to the holiday.

Considering the pittance all the staff get paid and the long hours they work, they are remarkable.

Drinks-
Plenty to drink, whether you're looking for soft drinks or that little bit more. Even champagne. The waiters made sure you were always hydrated.

Beach and Pool-
Never struggled to find a bed at either location but can imagine during high season this would be an issue. The touts and sellers on the beach are harmless and don't really bother you, a simple no thank you will suffice. Both areas are immaculate.

This hotel is amazing and despite its faults, they are in the minority. Spent a fair bit of money on tips and all of the money given was well deserved, Wish I could have given more sometimes.
Would I go back? Well, I've already been looking, so yes.

3  Thank Cally246
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed at les orangers beach resort in march and had researched the hotel and the resort a lot before booking as Tunisia had not been a location we had thought about before. On the coach travelling from the airport to the hotel we were apprehensive, to say the least, as the countryside in Tunisia is very littered and spoilt. As we came into the resort, where most shops and amenities are aimed at tourists we remained a little concerned about our decision to come to Tunisia;the whole resort is a mismatch between run down and dirty buildings amongst building sites..I'm sure in years to come the resort will be much more attractive when the new buildings are finished and the run down buildings have gone. There didn't seem to be much around for tourists to do or see just lots of convenience stores, pharmacies and run down cafes. As we drove into the hotel grounds we were suddenly much more excited about our holiday. A beautifully decorated and exceptionally welcoming hotel, the staff were faultless for the whole stay and could not do enough to help you. Food was brilliant as many other people had commented before us, lots of choice even for fussy eaters like myself. The hotel grounds were beautiful with orange and lemon trees and lots of flowers everywhere. The weather let the holiday down as it was cold and windy for most of the week but that was the risk we took going in march; The indoor pool was the saving grace when weather was awful. We went on a trip to see the medians; an experience but a stressful and exhausting one...not for us...I felt very pressured to buy things and if you change your mind about wanting to purchase something I found the shop workers could become quite agressive in manner and I found this rude and intimidating. We did ask the hotel manager where we could shop in 'fixed price' shops and he told us where to go and how to get a taxi, it wasn't far and was a much more plesant experience and we got some great bargains. We also booked a trip called African dream, to a safari park and evening with African dancers and dinner. Not overly expensive but we were disappointed by the animal park, a bit of a culture shock for us as we had visited longleat a few weeks before our holiday and let me assure you its nothing like that! The dinner was ok and African dancers was brilliant but trip ended a lot earlier than we had been lead to believe and not really value for money, we thought. Tipping caused a few issues for us as my partner and I were happy to tip if something met or exceeded our expectations but there were a few things which we had paid for that did not meet out expectations and we therefore did not wish to tip; this was not reieved very well. We also went on the two day saharah trip which was the highlight of our holiday...fabulous trip enjoyed every stop. Early morning starts both days but absolutelty incredible memories of watching sunset on the saharah on camels and watching the sun rise across the saltlakes was just unforgettable. Hotel for the night during the trip is very basic and food for whole trip is just chicken and couscous and soup but it was worth it for the memories and photographs we got on that trip.
Overall glad we went. Hotel was excellent, resort failed to meet expectations but the saharah trip made up for it. Won't go again but glad we did.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank rose160390
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Stayed 7-14th April for a chill week, and that's exactly what we got, from arrival to departure. Our Standard room was both spacious and very clean,and the bath robes and slippers was a lovely gesture along with all the complimentary toiletries. The bed was very comfortable my husband had a great sleep, so did I until the dawn chorus started, those birds can twitter away big time.

The pool area was lovely and we had no problem getting a sun lounger, but i can imagine it would be hard to get one in the high season. Pool area was lovely and clean, and the animation team were fab, and always had time to stop for a chat with you. The waiters that came around the pool were lovely and gave great service, they all seemed to have a smile on their faces, it was a pleasure to tip them. The beach was also lovely plenty of loungers and not overly busy. the usual camel rides and looki looki men were about, but this did not bother us.

The food that was on offer, was amazing and even for the picky eater there was plenty of choice. I struggled only 1 night to find something to eat, but i was having an off day and i think everyone can have 1 of these day's. The beach restaurant was lovely and again so much choice.

Drinks were plentiful and my glass was never empty, The rose and white wine was very nice, and the champers was also nice. The only spirit i tried was the vodka and it was fine, and the beer was lovely and refreshing.

I cannot find fault with anything about this hotel, it is well run, the staff are always smiling and so helpful, the animation team were amazing, add all this up together and you have the perfect hotel, the management should be proud of their staff. It was a pleasure to tip these wonderful people.

Would we go back, yes definately you arrive as a client and leave as a friend.

4  Thank janicej