“Those summer nights!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows
Ranked #7 of 123 Hotels in Hammamet
batley
“Those summer nights!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Hi, Just stayed at this hotel for the second time. Last time was 5 years ago and I must say I thought it was fantastic then but, now it's even better. A lot of the staff are the same, mainly the waiters. The animation team was new to our family and they were so friendly and energetic, especially Dido, Titi, and Dina. Getting us up to join in all the games. They made our holiday the best. The food was excellent, the hotel was immaculately clean and you are waited on hand and foot by all there. We have already booked to go back in October.

Room Tip: If you can get a deluxe room it's really worth the extra money. The excursions are ok but not so...
1 Thank samantha h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
Ayrshire, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

We had an excellent Easter week at the Orangers and would find it difficult to criticize anything about the hotel. The resort was a bit quiet and many of the shops were closed, but that can be expected so early in the season. We did wander around the area and were hassled by some of the vendors I find that a polite but firm no often is enough to put them off. However, sometimes after refusing to buy anything they would have a general conversation with us, just passing the time of day. The sellers on the beach are a different case, best just to close your eyes, or hide behind your sunglasses and ignore them.

The hotel staff were excellent; the guys in the bar had my glass replenished almost before I realized I needed another beer. Food was good and plentiful; the sweets/deserts were to die for. Entertainment staff were very friendly but not pushy. The weather tended to be a bit chilly in the evening (not as bad as the snow in Scotland) and it did rain at night a few times. Therefore, much of the evening entertainment was in doors rather than on the outdoor stage.

We had a superior sea view on the fourth floor, excellent room and very quiet – not a lot of “footfall or through traffic” on the top floor. This was a large room with twin beds that were so big that they were like small doubles. Again, we could not fault the room or the housekeeping staff. One of the TV channels had movie after movie – all in English. So you could take in a movie while preparing for dinner.

The 24 hour bar was not abused; we did go in for a night cap a few nights and it was never too busy. Sometimes on all inclusive you see tables filled with drinks just before midnight, each person sitting with 3 or 4 drinks in front of them, his was far more civilized.

A special mention for the snack bar at the lunch time restaurant. Pizzas and Wok, we tended to go for the freshly made Pizzas, very good and excellent service.

We have holidayed in Tunisia every year for the past four years or so, but this is the first time at the Orangers. We will go back, probably in October - we tend to go adult only during the summer months, not that I don’t like children, but as a teacher – it’s good to have a break away from them during the holidays.

Room Tip: Try to get a superior sea view room on the top floor. Go for the third floor in October - leave the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johnbhoy1888
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is our second visit to this hotel and we were slightly disappointed. We have heard the management has changed over and has made changes to the hotel which has become apparent. As it was our second stay we were very happy to see the same staff from our first visit. As always the staff were brilliant! could not fault them! The food on the other hand was not good, Low quality produce and not very well cooked. This was very disappointing for us as on our first visit the food was lovely and there was plenty of choice. The hotel has built another restaurant on the beach, it is in a great location and a lovely addition to the hotel, again unfortunately the food isn't up to much. The hotel is still well maintained, clean and modern and the staff will go out of there way for you. The pool area is clean and a great place to relax. We didn't use the beach much but it was clean with plenty of sun loungers. The entertainment team are still very good but unfortunately they were so busy that we did not have much chance to catch up with them. The entertainment is still very good but was outside and it did get a little chilly. I would go back to this hotel if the food was to change.

Room Tip: The bungalows on the beach are beautiful and worth the extra money!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

this was my first time in Tunisia and in this hotel i cant say a bad word about it food was good entertainment was great.. Everyone was all very friendly and kind would go back again tomorrow if i could :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BeckyC5189
Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

My 7th stay at this gem of a hotel. Great location. Friendly staff and although many of the emtertainment staff this time are new, they cannot be faulted. Things to do all day if you want or simply relax in the sun like me. Food and drink plentiful and available all inclusive 24 hours a day. I love it....!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Clive J
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Just returned from les oranges with family,excellent hotel made very welcome, entertainment team very good especially if you get involved good laugh,rooms great,great with kids waiters great,the building work that is going on next door is due to the fact that the hotel is expanding in to the hotel next door which will be a 5*

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 534Steve
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

Having travelled to Tunisia last year we knew what to expect within a little. My Mum had really wanted to go to this hotel (but last year it was fully booked) and I was worried that we would be disappointed. However, we were pleasantly surprised.

Arrived to the hotel in pouring rain having experienced a delay outbound although we did not let this dampen our spirits. We were taken to reception and given a glass of orange whilst filling out forms and getting our wristbands before being shown to our rooms. Gladly, we were also informed that we could still get a drink and some food having arrived at about 1 in the morning.

Room-
Our room was pleasing, the complimentary robes and slippers were a nice touch and my Mum made full use of these. In the rooms there is everything you could need, hairdryer, TV, travel sewing Kit, shampoo etc. Great!
However, upon entering the balcony, we were quite shocked. The view to our dismay was that of a building site. Similarly,it could also do with a lick of paint, which I noticed was the same throughout the whole block of rooms. We did get used to the building work and the builders did in fact provide a bit of amusement throughout the week. The bed was comfortable and was grateful of the quilt in the wardrobe as the first few nights were quite chilly. Otherwise the rooms were ideal.

Food and Restaurants-
My Mum is a vegetarian and I am not but we found plenty to suit both our tastes. I am also a fairly picky eater yet I don't think I had the same meal twice despite some reviews saying there was little variety. My Mum also was quite happy that there was an array of food on offer that caters for vegetarians. This sentiment covers both the main restaurant and the beach restaurant.
The beach bar wasn't open at the time of our visit, I don't think, but the pool bar was and the snacks available here were delicious. The chef that does the snacks here is very entertaining and even though there was a slight wait sometimes, it didn't feel long as he kept us laughing. Panini!

Staff-
Bit of a generalised subheading here but all the staff were exceptional. Faultless. The cleaner who done our room, friendly and she did an excellent job, The waiters in the restaurants, attentive, friendly and very polite. The barmen in both the Semi Ramis and Jasmin, were,again attentive, friendly and gave a great service, no matter how busy. The porters and doormen, the receptionists, lifeguards/pool men, gardeners, maintenance men etc all had a smile and a hello. The staff really make this hotel, their employer should be proud because without them, I don't think this hotel would be half as good.

Entertainment-
Deserved of it's own subheading. As I was studying for my A level exams, I was worried that I would be disturbed and hassled to take part in events regularly and as this was my first time to a hotel with animation, I was unsure of what to expect. However I was only asked to participate in events if I showed a slight interest first. This was great as it meant that I could relax and take part at my leisure. The events on offer were varied from water aerobics to archery. Didn't participate in any of the poolside games as I was revising and did lack the confidence however did take part in the dancing after these games. Both my Mum and I did the archery though, very nerve racking as had never done it before but it was the best activity I've ever done. We were showed the basics and everyone watching was supportive. The more confidence you gained, the better you got and the better the atmosphere got. Could really have a laugh with Dido and the other guests.
The night time entertainment was also very good. Unfortunately we missed a few nights entertainment as we were settling into a routine but the shows we did see were funny and exceedingly entertaining. The Animation team are a real credit to this hotel. Always smiling and the laughs they have with guests and each other really do make a difference, I think, to the holiday.

Considering the pittance all the staff get paid and the long hours they work, they are remarkable.

Drinks-
Plenty to drink, whether you're looking for soft drinks or that little bit more. Even champagne. The waiters made sure you were always hydrated.

Beach and Pool-
Never struggled to find a bed at either location but can imagine during high season this would be an issue. The touts and sellers on the beach are harmless and don't really bother you, a simple no thank you will suffice. Both areas are immaculate.

This hotel is amazing and despite its faults, they are in the minority. Spent a fair bit of money on tips and all of the money given was well deserved, Wish I could have given more sometimes.
Would I go back? Well, I've already been looking, so yes.

3 Thank Cally246