“Excellent stay”

The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows
Ranked #8 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We have just returned from a very excellent week in this hotel, The accommodation, facilities, staff where excellent and the dining far exceeded our expectations. Going in December we didn't expect the weather to be over warm but it was good during our stay and the staff around the pool area looked after us well, the grounds & gardens are wonderful and to be able to pick some fresh orange every day was an experience for me to enjoy. We had a sea view room which gave us a lovely extended balcony overlooking the bungalows and the beach area which is an added bonus to our stay. Would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank HonestHull
There are newer reviews for The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Being a single traveller I was a little unsure of comming to this hotel, but after chatting to a lady on the site, who had visited the hotel earlier in the year I was soon put at ease. The flight was ok we were delayed going out which was not ideal, but having no choice made the best of a bad job. Transport was sorted once we arrived and we were transported to the hotel reasonably quickly. As we had arrived very late we were quickly checked in and taken to our rooms. I was pleasently suprised, the room was spacious very clean and well set out and had everything that you could want. Tea/Coffee making facilities, a small fridge and dressing gowns and slippers were all there for the use of guests. The bed was one of the most comfortable I had slept in abroad and there were extra pillows and a blanket, should you need them.
We were advised that the welcome meeting would be the following day, and were met by Ondine who was a great lady and knew everything that needed to be known. There was no hard sell and we were advised of the best things to do whllst in Tunisia. She also advised on currency, the hotel and safety points, and living locally where to go shopping best bargins and what not to do! The hotel itself was great, the food was good, my only comment on this is that things are too spread out so by the time you have got your meat/fish, and then queued again for salad/veg the meat/fish has gone cold! this does need addressing but there is a microwave so food can be heated up. The specialist restaurants are great and well worth a visit I have never seen cray fish so large, and must admit that I had a vey full stomach that night with the amount of food supplied. The pool is very nice, there were always plenty of sunbeds, the pool man was always on hand to get you a matress for the sunbeds and the drinks waiters would get you whatever drink you wanted and soon knew what your usual tipple was, and a few dinars every few days really helped and was only pence to us but mattered greatly to them. No, tipping is not compulsory but these guys work tirelessly and always with a smile and it helps them if you tip them a little every few days. The safety deposit boxes are behind reception in both buildings but gaining access to them was never a problem. The massage on the beach was lovely altho I did not have any reaction from the feet fish! The beach is lovely and again there is plenty of space. Pool towels can be obtained from the towel shop and changed as often/little as you deem necessary.I had a couple of small problems in my room, reported them on my way to dinner and by the time I got back to my room the problems had been sorted. I don't go back to a hotel twice as there are always so many places to see, but I enjoyed this place so much that I have already booked to go back in 2014. The staff and management treat you as part of the family and want you to enjoy your stay. If you have a problem report it, they cannot sort problems out if people say nothing and then come back to the UK and complain. This is a little gem of a hotel and I look forward greatly to my next visit and seeing people who worked there this year. A final say must go to the animation team especially CoCo who made me laugh every day, keep doing what you do guys you are fab and put so much effort into all that you do. A hotel that really has the guests at the centre of all that it does.

Room Tip: all rooms are good and spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
12  Thank lynnette5
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Driving to this hotel is interesting as you see run down houses and shops and then at the end of a long narrow drive is a little bit of heaven! We were greeted with a cold towel and a fruit cocktail and then shown to our room which was perfectly adequate and clean.
We made our way through the complex to the beach where your sun loungers are brought to you and you can eat and drink your way through the day. The choice at the beach restaurant with the wok and pizza was brilliant. In the main restaurant, there is a wide choice of great food - one night we even had sushi! There are 3 a la carte restaurants which were all full and very nice. The staff are incredibly friendly and cannot do enough for you.
If you are a looking for a holiday where you intend to do nothing but relax, this is the holiday for you, you will not be disappointed. I am planning to return next year.

Room Tip: Would try for a sea view room or beach bungalow if your funds stretch to it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lipsty79
Reviewed 21 November 2013

we chose this location after viewing reviews on trip advisor we had a friendly welcome on arrival we was shown to are rooms they where very clean and comfy the staff where all friendly and helpful the food was excellent plenty of variety the entertainment crew went out of there way to make you feel wanted the maids did not understand what we said but kept our room spotless we never venture very far from the resort as we had everything we needed there.
It was my birthday and the rep arranged for me to have a meal in the beach restaurant when we arrived she had only booked it for 2 we where a party of six so i said not to worry we would go to the main restaurant they asked us to wait then they came back and said it was ok they rearranged tables to fit us all in they had sorted food for the two but then managed to get extra sorted i was presented with a bouquet of flowers we where served champagne and presented with a birthday cake i have never had a meal so tasty it was excellent i could not of wished for a better birthday we will definatley be going back again

Room Tip: we stayed in the rooms near to the beach so when you open the curtains in the morning you can see ca...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank sexyg
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

My 9th stay at this lovely hotel. What a gem! Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and Management here. A wide variety of food available ranging from local dishes to various other nationality foods. Three a la carte restaurants available in addition to the main restaurant. If you have a problem with anything during your stay, raise it with the Management while there rather than complain about it on here. I have already booked my next 2 holidays here for 2014. Well recommended.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Clive J
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just had a brilliant week at this hotel, everything about it is Excellent . The staff are all really helpful and cant do enough for you the food is excellent with something to suit every taste . 24 hour bar and food , cocktails are the best i've had on an all inclusive holiday . Rooms were cleaned everyday and clean towels also . I can honestly say there is nothing i can say to fault this hotel , animation teams were brilliant always giving everybody a laugh . Our holiday rep Ondine is the a great rep and a credit to Thomas Cook . I would recommend this hotel to anyone .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BarnsleyKaren
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Just got back from a week at les oranges , with our daughter her friend and 3 year old grand child cannot fault this place Food Excellent, entertainment Excellent Rambo , Titi and all the guys and galls worked tirelessly to please a diverse age range , Every member of staff was polite courteous and determined to make our stay heaven ,We had a not so pleasant stay a mile down the coast in September in typical britt fashion was sceptical but proven very wrong . If you want lovelly environment surrounded by dedicated staff with excellent food and service this is the place for you ...... see you soon !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family