“I love it”

The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows
Ranked #7 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been to this hotel many times just came back in May as soon as you arrive you feel welcome instantly with a refreshing drink and lovely staff. The hotel grounds are beautiful with flowers that are very well looked after. The rooms are cleaned every day and fresh towels are given everyday. I am a really fussy eater and still manage to find something to eat (but I will say remember you are in Tunisia so please expect Tunisian dishes). The staff are fabulous easy to get alone with and very helpful if u ask! I love this hotel that's why I have booked to go again in August.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Ellenrobinson002
Write a ReviewReviews (2,027)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at Les Orangers for the second time this May and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time. As lots of reviews agree, we find it is the staff that make this good hotel fantastic.

We traveled in a group of three generations with children aged 6 and 8, and can honestly say it caters well for all of us. Our children spent everyday at the kids club with Arwa, who they absolutely adored, my daughter cried when we had to go home. She took them to the beach, played games in the indoor pool and took them for icecream and crepes in the afternoon.

The animation team work really hard to ensure everyone (who wants to be) are included in activities, a big thanks in particular to Samir, Mido, Brian, Dina and Mario. The pool and evening waiting staff are excellent and ensure you are not without a drink for long, unfortunalty cant remember too many many names but thank you Lotfi and Monty.

The food here is of a good quality, good choice and pleantiful. There was a bit of queueing for evening meals but the hotel was fully booked so to be expected I suppose. Breakfast is my favourite meal with fresh omelettes, panckes and waffles made for you. You have to at least once use the poolside snack bar 'Mr Panini' is a real character and makes the most amazing doughnuts at about 2-3pm! Drinks are good but local as is the norm for all inclusive, I find the rose wine the most pleasant.

Rooms are more than adequate, nice touches of slippers and dressing gowns to use and also beach towels are provided saving extra luggage space. Hairdryers and fridge in the rooms along with kettle tea and coffee, just save a water bottle and get the bar to fill it with milk for you. Our rooms were kept very clean, with the beds being stripped and changed at least twice that I noticed during an 11 night stay.

Can you find fault with this hotel? Probably if you tried. Can you beat it for the price you are paying? I certainly cant. I have already booked for September for my wedding anniversary without children and for our family holiday next year.

I just hope the tour operators keep the hotel at a sensible price, it has been creeping up every year, and realise its a great hotel but the surrounding areas are not to everones expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank LooRag
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We are all booked to go back to les oranges again in September, we went last October for 1 week and just wasn't long enough. The staff food people entertainment drinks and everything was so nice and we loved it :) I'm a fussy eater and loved all the food. cannot wait to go back in September but for 10 days this time :) excited :)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank billierate
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wow ! My husband and I spent two weeks at les orangers in a bungalow on the beach. We had an amazing holiday .the service was amazing (Massam who brought our breakfast lovely. Gabsi our butler , brilliant. Our rep mohair funny and helpful, thankyou.) food delicious , grounds kept lovely, cleaners were amazing too. We will be returning as soon as we can.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked this much needed holiday in September last year. We booked with Thomas cook. A first and a last time.
the flight was delayed by an hour, which was fine, as some of the guests at the hotel had 8 hour delays. We flew out on the 30th May for a week.

The trip to the hotel was on a good air conditioned coach and went smoothly. As we entered Hammamet, it looked a bit like a war zone, rubbish everywhere and graffiti, we were not shocked, as we have been to Egypt and this is the norm.

We arrived at the hotel and were given lovely fresh orange and cold flannels.

After filling out forms we were shown to our room.....we booked a standard room with balcony or terrace. we had been trying to upgrade for months to a seaview, but after sending numerous emails, we had not received a reply

. The room we were given....had no balcony, bars on the windows, we could not see out at all, mirrors above the bed...not what you want or expect! and an adjoining
door to the next room!

We turned around and heading straight down to reception after my husband and I agreed we were not spending one night in this room!!!

We explained ar reception we had booked a balcony room, we use the balcony a lot on holidays first thing on a morning and at night.

We were told the hotel was FULLY Booked and there was nothing they could do until Monday...This was Friday.

We said we were not prepared to spend one night in the room and if necessary we would pay extra and upgrade. We again were told there was nothing they could do until Monday, even though we had booked and paid for a balcony!

At this stage having had 2 hours sleep the previous night, I burst into tears, people were arriving at the hotel and looking at me, and miraculously they showed us to a balcony room within 2 mins of me sobbing loudly at reception. a shame they could not do this without me getting upset!!!

The room was a standard room, a bit worn and tired looking but perfectly fine and clean. Balcony facing trees. Lovely and peaceful on a night. Beware of mossies, we and lots of others were bitten very badly

After changing rooms we eventually headed down to the outside bar, a lovely open space with plenty of seats and sat on the comfy sofas and ordered our first drinks...

Loud music started up...country music, and then a few of the guests started line dancing. taking it very seriously...great if you like line dancing....not our bag.

The waiters are fantastic, as our most of the staff. hard working, funny and welcoming. Monty and Ben made our holiday!

The drinks... were undrinkable, so so so sweet and made with powdered concoctions that split and curdled in the glass. The wine would burn as it hit your throat as did the generic white spirit that was passed off as Vodka..We did try the different cocktails but they were just Gross.

Food! My husband bit into some chicken that was cold and red inside. I had chicken kebabs the first night that were yummy but never appeared again. Never saw a hint of lobster, which we had seen pictures on a very dubious and bias facebook site......

There are major food hygiene concerns here with raw and cooked chicken coming into contact.

I loved the breakfasts, and the made to order omelettes, plenty of choice, fresh Danishes.

Lunch at the beach was nice, but unorganised and the Queues were just silly. I just dipped in and out, but again food luke warm and sometimes not cooked through.

Evening meal much the same, queues, long queues, we tended to go in late to avoid the queues but a lot of the food had gone.

The fresh bread rolls were lovely. And the desserts and cakes were incredible

The beach is pretty with a breeze. The first 3 days were cloudy with some rain and was qute chilly, then thankfully the sun came out.

The pool was grubby. Enough said on that.

We were not given any directions, site map, or even any information on what was on site. first time this has happened. So we just found our own way and asked other guests.

We did meet some lovely people of all nationalities, some loved this hotel and would return, others like us who were a bit shell shocked!

Entertainment, very holiday camp style. they worked very hard but again, not for us.

All in all, we would not return. It could be a great place if they sorted out the quality of the drinks, food hygiene, and over booking of rooms. some guests were sent to other hotels because of over booking. This is the first time I have had something negative to say on trip adviser. I do not moan without reason. some people will love this place, .....Butlins in the sun

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LynneeNorthyorkshire
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We were warmly greeted and took a seat in the comfortable lobby lounge and given a lovely cool, freshly pressed orange juice, which was very welcoming after the long journey. We were very happy with our room, which was ground floor and looking into a lovely garden area with flowering shrubs and palm trees. We did not miss the sea view at all. Our room was cool, peaceful and although slighly 'tired' furnishings the bed was comfortable and the bathroom had everything we needed. The entire hotel, and grounds were always clean and well cared for. The staff very friendly and attentative. The food was very good, although we had wished for a larger selection of bread at breakfast. Entertainment every evening was quite good, but now and then a little bit 'under the belt'. Maybe not to everyones liking. We joined in archery classes and although we never hit a bull's eye, except just by chance, it was fun and we got to know a number of guests from different countries. The pool and relaxing area was very good and the staff very helpful. We were there for 9 days, end of April into May and had really lovely weather although it got a little chilly in the evenings and the entertainment was outside.
I was there for the second time, and will be going back again in October. It is a nice couple/family hotel and no one needs to worry that they will be 'pestered'. We did'nt venture much out of the hotel grounds except to go to the Medina... there you do get pestered. The drive from the airport can be a bit depressing, it appears the country/area have problems with rubbish collection and it was not very clean. We go there to relax and not sightseeing and 9 days is a nice break and in October it will be the third time for me to visit this hotel. When you go through the hotel gates it is like entering a lovely flowering garden.

Room Tip: If you want to save a little money, and the sea view is not important to you, there are lovely rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank cheryl m
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Months before going I was always reading reviews on here getting more and more excited.
You're always going to get people whinging because of something or another.
However, this was our first all inclusive holiday. First holiday to Tunisia and most definitely won't be the last with a definite return visit to this hotel!

Upon arrival (28th of May) the bus trip was a little worrying as the land was flat, desolate and a bit grubby. However we reminded ourselves that this is not England and the way of life is very different here.
Driving up to the entrance our bags were handled and organised for us. We filled in our form with the most lovely orange juice I've ever had. We were taken to our room and relaxed, as we'd been up since 2am that morning!
Our first lunch was at the beach front restaurant. We were a bit intimidated upon walking in as people would rush about as if it were their last chance to eat. We laughed it off and jumped in where we fancied to get what we wanted. Lots of salad (all washed with bottled water), freshly cooked rice, chicken, veggies and then freshly cooked spaghetti and meats. There was fresh bread and soups. Upon sitting down outside looking onto the beautiful beach our drinks orders were taken. The beer is basic as is the wine. However we came for the relaxing holiday not to get trashed.

The next day was glorious weather. Breakfast was pastries, eggs in all forms, fresh omelettes, waffles and pancakes. Sausages. Toast. Fresh orange juice.
Beach was our next stop. We tipped the security man who got our sun loungers and for the rest of the week he couldn't do enough for us!

The beach sellers are funny. A simple "No thank you" is enough to move them on. The security on the beach are great if they won't leave alone. The first few days I was too polite to just say "No thank you" but soon learnt! The sea is beautiful. We had fishes swimming around our feet.

We didn't sit by the pool, why would you want to when you've got the beach 5 mins away (IMO).

50% of the guests there were German, who were a smidge interfering, again we reminded ourselves they have a different way of life.

Animation team put on an excellent show each and every night. Brian was awesome! They work the crowd but if you don't want to be involved you don't need to be. Waiters in the evenings worked tirelessly to ensure you always had a drink.

Our room was incredible. Seaview. Huge comfy bed. Lots of lovely pillows. Perfect place to rest after a day of doing nothing! The shower is nice and powerful.

Negatives (they're not bad!) The maids entered our room with a Do Not Disturb sign on once or twice, this was past midday though and they had lots to do. However the rooms were always spotless.

Lots of bones in the fish. This fish tasted beautiful it just put me off eating it. Again personal preference.

Bloody mosquitoes! I recommend that you take bite cream and some sort of room repellent. However I did seem to be the only one who got bitten really badly. My partner had a few on his hands but that was about it!

Overall, for the price we paid we had an incredible first holiday together. The staff couldn't do enough for us. We spent around £55 while we were there just on tips (overall around 130 Dinah). The food was lovely. The hotel itself was beautiful. Clean. Maintained. Next time we may get a bungalow just for the hammocks!

If you want a hotel for wifi, McDonalds and just English people then this isn't the hotel for you.
If you want a holiday to relax, mill about, eat traditional and familiar foods with a twist, a gorgeous beach and incredibly friendly staff...Go!!

Room Tip: Superior sea view or bungalow
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple