“Could easily live here !!! Little slice of paradise !!”

The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows
Ranked #7 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
“Could easily live here !!! Little slice of paradise !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Me and my family absolutely love this hotel and surrounding area !!! We always book with Thomas cook and have had the best holidays there !!!
Can't fault ANYTHING !!! People who want to go there should do their research on the country and lifestyle - respect it for what it is !
I have the most respect for all staff who work there day and night to provide excellency 24/7.
I have had the odd issue but it was all quickly sorted , we are very happy with this hotel all round . You get excellent value for your money .
It use to be a secret , not a very known hotel but now it's booked up fully every year -- SAYS A LOT !!!
I would quite happily live in this hotel , LoL !! Can't wait to go there again and again !!! And the Facebook pages for the Orangers are real , not fake , and they have lobster when it's the right season !
Do your research !!
This hotel and staff are 10/10 !!!!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Jaiyana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Have just returned from my 9th visit to this hotel and have already booked to go back in october. From the minute you arrive you are greeted with big beaming smiles from the Reception staff, porters and the waiter that is waiting with a cool drink for you. As you walk through the beautiful gardens to your room, a friendly gardener, maid or entertainment staff will stop and offer you a friendly greeting. The rooms vary from standard, superior and deluxe, but are all well laid out and clean. With a balcony and if you are lucky a sea view. The beach is gorgeous and has plenty activities on offer. There are two pools and a kids one, horse riding, tabletennis, archery, and tennis courts. Animation are on hand all day to offer other activities and there is a kids club. Food and drink are 24 hour, with two main restaurants, two snack bars and in one of the two bars there is food available when the restaurants are closed. Nightly entertainment is provided by either the animation team or live bands/ shows from outwith the hotel. The staff are all so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble for them. This is what keeps me going back time and time again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank louise b
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been to this hotel many times just came back in May as soon as you arrive you feel welcome instantly with a refreshing drink and lovely staff. The hotel grounds are beautiful with flowers that are very well looked after. The rooms are cleaned every day and fresh towels are given everyday. I am a really fussy eater and still manage to find something to eat (but I will say remember you are in Tunisia so please expect Tunisian dishes). The staff are fabulous easy to get alone with and very helpful if u ask! I love this hotel that's why I have booked to go again in August.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Ellenrobinson002
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at Les Orangers for the second time this May and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time. As lots of reviews agree, we find it is the staff that make this good hotel fantastic.

We traveled in a group of three generations with children aged 6 and 8, and can honestly say it caters well for all of us. Our children spent everyday at the kids club with Arwa, who they absolutely adored, my daughter cried when we had to go home. She took them to the beach, played games in the indoor pool and took them for icecream and crepes in the afternoon.

The animation team work really hard to ensure everyone (who wants to be) are included in activities, a big thanks in particular to Samir, Mido, Brian, Dina and Mario. The pool and evening waiting staff are excellent and ensure you are not without a drink for long, unfortunalty cant remember too many many names but thank you Lotfi and Monty.

The food here is of a good quality, good choice and pleantiful. There was a bit of queueing for evening meals but the hotel was fully booked so to be expected I suppose. Breakfast is my favourite meal with fresh omelettes, panckes and waffles made for you. You have to at least once use the poolside snack bar 'Mr Panini' is a real character and makes the most amazing doughnuts at about 2-3pm! Drinks are good but local as is the norm for all inclusive, I find the rose wine the most pleasant.

Rooms are more than adequate, nice touches of slippers and dressing gowns to use and also beach towels are provided saving extra luggage space. Hairdryers and fridge in the rooms along with kettle tea and coffee, just save a water bottle and get the bar to fill it with milk for you. Our rooms were kept very clean, with the beds being stripped and changed at least twice that I noticed during an 11 night stay.

Can you find fault with this hotel? Probably if you tried. Can you beat it for the price you are paying? I certainly cant. I have already booked for September for my wedding anniversary without children and for our family holiday next year.

I just hope the tour operators keep the hotel at a sensible price, it has been creeping up every year, and realise its a great hotel but the surrounding areas are not to everones expectations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank LooRag
Downham Market, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We are all booked to go back to les oranges again in September, we went last October for 1 week and just wasn't long enough. The staff food people entertainment drinks and everything was so nice and we loved it :) I'm a fussy eater and loved all the food. cannot wait to go back in September but for 10 days this time :) excited :)

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank billierate
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wow ! My husband and I spent two weeks at les orangers in a bungalow on the beach. We had an amazing holiday .the service was amazing (Massam who brought our breakfast lovely. Gabsi our butler , brilliant. Our rep mohair funny and helpful, thankyou.) food delicious , grounds kept lovely, cleaners were amazing too. We will be returning as soon as we can.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sam S
North yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked this much needed holiday in September last year. We booked with Thomas cook. A first and a last time.
the flight was delayed by an hour, which was fine, as some of the guests at the hotel had 8 hour delays. We flew out on the 30th May for a week.

The trip to the hotel was on a good air conditioned coach and went smoothly. As we entered Hammamet, it looked a bit like a war zone, rubbish everywhere and graffiti, we were not shocked, as we have been to Egypt and this is the norm.

We arrived at the hotel and were given lovely fresh orange and cold flannels.

After filling out forms we were shown to our room.....we booked a standard room with balcony or terrace. we had been trying to upgrade for months to a seaview, but after sending numerous emails, we had not received a reply

. The room we were given....had no balcony, bars on the windows, we could not see out at all, mirrors above the bed...not what you want or expect! and an adjoining
door to the next room!

We turned around and heading straight down to reception after my husband and I agreed we were not spending one night in this room!!!

We explained ar reception we had booked a balcony room, we use the balcony a lot on holidays first thing on a morning and at night.

We were told the hotel was FULLY Booked and there was nothing they could do until Monday...This was Friday.

We said we were not prepared to spend one night in the room and if necessary we would pay extra and upgrade. We again were told there was nothing they could do until Monday, even though we had booked and paid for a balcony!

At this stage having had 2 hours sleep the previous night, I burst into tears, people were arriving at the hotel and looking at me, and miraculously they showed us to a balcony room within 2 mins of me sobbing loudly at reception. a shame they could not do this without me getting upset!!!

The room was a standard room, a bit worn and tired looking but perfectly fine and clean. Balcony facing trees. Lovely and peaceful on a night. Beware of mossies, we and lots of others were bitten very badly

After changing rooms we eventually headed down to the outside bar, a lovely open space with plenty of seats and sat on the comfy sofas and ordered our first drinks...

Loud music started up...country music, and then a few of the guests started line dancing. taking it very seriously...great if you like line dancing....not our bag.

The waiters are fantastic, as our most of the staff. hard working, funny and welcoming. Monty and Ben made our holiday!

The drinks... were undrinkable, so so so sweet and made with powdered concoctions that split and curdled in the glass. The wine would burn as it hit your throat as did the generic white spirit that was passed off as Vodka..We did try the different cocktails but they were just Gross.

Food! My husband bit into some chicken that was cold and red inside. I had chicken kebabs the first night that were yummy but never appeared again. Never saw a hint of lobster, which we had seen pictures on a very dubious and bias facebook site......

There are major food hygiene concerns here with raw and cooked chicken coming into contact.

I loved the breakfasts, and the made to order omelettes, plenty of choice, fresh Danishes.

Lunch at the beach was nice, but unorganised and the Queues were just silly. I just dipped in and out, but again food luke warm and sometimes not cooked through.

Evening meal much the same, queues, long queues, we tended to go in late to avoid the queues but a lot of the food had gone.

The fresh bread rolls were lovely. And the desserts and cakes were incredible

The beach is pretty with a breeze. The first 3 days were cloudy with some rain and was qute chilly, then thankfully the sun came out.

The pool was grubby. Enough said on that.

We were not given any directions, site map, or even any information on what was on site. first time this has happened. So we just found our own way and asked other guests.

We did meet some lovely people of all nationalities, some loved this hotel and would return, others like us who were a bit shell shocked!

Entertainment, very holiday camp style. they worked very hard but again, not for us.

All in all, we would not return. It could be a great place if they sorted out the quality of the drinks, food hygiene, and over booking of rooms. some guests were sent to other hotels because of over booking. This is the first time I have had something negative to say on trip adviser. I do not moan without reason. some people will love this place, .....Butlins in the sun

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple