“Perfect”

Ranked #8 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Wishaw, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 8 times since 2010 and have booked my 9th visit for July 2014.

Prior to visiting this hotel, I would always have tried different places/hotels, however I feel at home here (I wouldn't think twice of visiting on my own).

The hotel is like a tardis, when you arrive it looks unimpressive, however you won't be disappointed.

The rooms are comfortable and clean (slippers and dressing gowns are an added bonus). The maids make your room nice, making shapes from towels and flowers, if you need extra towels, etc. there is no problem, the maids are very helpful.

In the restaurants the food is fine, plenty choices even for my very fussy friends, we have never gone hungry, actually I get fed up eating. Personally I am happy with the buffet restaurant at night and I enjoy the noodles at lunchtime. I don't have a sweet tooth, but the cakes are excellent!!

Bar staff are good fun always smiling, how do they remember every round of drinks (especially when there is 12 of us!!!!).

The animation team work had all day every day, at times I feel sorry for them when people won't join in the fun (including me! That old chestnut, maybe tomorrow!)

Every member of staff are very friendly, welcoming and cannot do enough for you.

All in all I cannot fault this hotel, ignore peoples moans and try for yourself, a holiday is as good as you make it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jillsxo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Me and my family absolutely love this hotel and surrounding area !!! We always book with Thomas cook and have had the best holidays there !!!
Can't fault ANYTHING !!! People who want to go there should do their research on the country and lifestyle - respect it for what it is !
I have the most respect for all staff who work there day and night to provide excellency 24/7.
I have had the odd issue but it was all quickly sorted , we are very happy with this hotel all round . You get excellent value for your money .
It use to be a secret , not a very known hotel but now it's booked up fully every year -- SAYS A LOT !!!
I would quite happily live in this hotel , LoL !! Can't wait to go there again and again !!! And the Facebook pages for the Orangers are real , not fake , and they have lobster when it's the right season !
Do your research !!
This hotel and staff are 10/10 !!!!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Jaiyana
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Have just returned from my 9th visit to this hotel and have already booked to go back in october. From the minute you arrive you are greeted with big beaming smiles from the Reception staff, porters and the waiter that is waiting with a cool drink for you. As you walk through the beautiful gardens to your room, a friendly gardener, maid or entertainment staff will stop and offer you a friendly greeting. The rooms vary from standard, superior and deluxe, but are all well laid out and clean. With a balcony and if you are lucky a sea view. The beach is gorgeous and has plenty activities on offer. There are two pools and a kids one, horse riding, tabletennis, archery, and tennis courts. Animation are on hand all day to offer other activities and there is a kids club. Food and drink are 24 hour, with two main restaurants, two snack bars and in one of the two bars there is food available when the restaurants are closed. Nightly entertainment is provided by either the animation team or live bands/ shows from outwith the hotel. The staff are all so friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble for them. This is what keeps me going back time and time again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank louise b
Nottingham
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been to this hotel many times just came back in May as soon as you arrive you feel welcome instantly with a refreshing drink and lovely staff. The hotel grounds are beautiful with flowers that are very well looked after. The rooms are cleaned every day and fresh towels are given everyday. I am a really fussy eater and still manage to find something to eat (but I will say remember you are in Tunisia so please expect Tunisian dishes). The staff are fabulous easy to get alone with and very helpful if u ask! I love this hotel that's why I have booked to go again in August.

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Ellenrobinson002
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at Les Orangers for the second time this May and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time. As lots of reviews agree, we find it is the staff that make this good hotel fantastic.

We traveled in a group of three generations with children aged 6 and 8, and can honestly say it caters well for all of us. Our children spent everyday at the kids club with Arwa, who they absolutely adored, my daughter cried when we had to go home. She took them to the beach, played games in the indoor pool and took them for icecream and crepes in the afternoon.

The animation team work really hard to ensure everyone (who wants to be) are included in activities, a big thanks in particular to Samir, Mido, Brian, Dina and Mario. The pool and evening waiting staff are excellent and ensure you are not without a drink for long, unfortunalty cant remember too many many names but thank you Lotfi and Monty.

The food here is of a good quality, good choice and pleantiful. There was a bit of queueing for evening meals but the hotel was fully booked so to be expected I suppose. Breakfast is my favourite meal with fresh omelettes, panckes and waffles made for you. You have to at least once use the poolside snack bar 'Mr Panini' is a real character and makes the most amazing doughnuts at about 2-3pm! Drinks are good but local as is the norm for all inclusive, I find the rose wine the most pleasant.

Rooms are more than adequate, nice touches of slippers and dressing gowns to use and also beach towels are provided saving extra luggage space. Hairdryers and fridge in the rooms along with kettle tea and coffee, just save a water bottle and get the bar to fill it with milk for you. Our rooms were kept very clean, with the beds being stripped and changed at least twice that I noticed during an 11 night stay.

Can you find fault with this hotel? Probably if you tried. Can you beat it for the price you are paying? I certainly cant. I have already booked for September for my wedding anniversary without children and for our family holiday next year.

I just hope the tour operators keep the hotel at a sensible price, it has been creeping up every year, and realise its a great hotel but the surrounding areas are not to everones expectations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank LooRag
Downham Market, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We are all booked to go back to les oranges again in September, we went last October for 1 week and just wasn't long enough. The staff food people entertainment drinks and everything was so nice and we loved it :) I'm a fussy eater and loved all the food. cannot wait to go back in September but for 10 days this time :) excited :)

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank billierate
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wow ! My husband and I spent two weeks at les orangers in a bungalow on the beach. We had an amazing holiday .the service was amazing (Massam who brought our breakfast lovely. Gabsi our butler , brilliant. Our rep mohair funny and helpful, thankyou.) food delicious , grounds kept lovely, cleaners were amazing too. We will be returning as soon as we can.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple