“Amazing resort!”

The Orangers Beach Resort & Bungalows
Ranked #7 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just returned from a week in this absolutely fantastic resort. The weather was brilliant - very warm but the constant breeze made it just right! The hotel layout and facilities were great! We particularly loved the beach - there were always enough sun beds, a huge variety of food and drink close by, beautiful white sand and clear water-paradise! But the best thing about it was the staff! Without exception, every single one provided excellent and efficient service with a genuine smile! They are a credit to the Tunisian people and the hotel, and made our stay just perfect! Thank you in particular to Mohammed, who works at the beach restaurant, and always provided faultless service and treated us with such kindness! - We miss him and our table which he so beautifully decorated with flowers already! Can't wait to go back soon! - Alice and David

Room Tip: We had a room with a sea view and it was definitely worth the money!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank alice121087

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed at Les Orangers for 7 nights between 13th- 21st August. Our room overlooked the beach, although beautiful trees could obscure the view this was not a problem for us.

Upon arrival we were greeted with a bottle of cool water each, and taken to our room by a porter who did not expect a tip but was very appreciative when we did. The rooms were very large, and clean although could do with updating. Comfortable beds changed each day, clean towels each day also provided. The room had an empty mini bar, this would have been nice if just water and soft drinks had been inside and kept topped up daily
Food was sometimes a bit hit and miss, but on the whole very good considering the hotel caters for so many nationalities. The queues for food could at times be busy, but this is to be expected if eating within certain time frames. Waiters could not do enough to look after us, although we did tip generously (between 3-10 dinars). The lunch restaurant by the beach was nice, must say a huge thank you to Mahare (sorry if spelt wrong) such a nice guy, made time for everyone (works to the left as you go into the restaurant). He made us very welcome every day, simply couldn't do enough to make our stay special, which is a very welcoming change now a days. Plentiful food, always something being served.
The private beach was very good, and kept clean compared to the other hotels on the same stretch...although I do feel it could have been improved by raking the cigarette ends, bottle tops etc out each day. The idea of a tent with self service drinks on the beach was very good.
The security guys working on the beach keep the sellers at bay to some extent, but the sellers are very clever at gaining attention which was amusing to watch. The sellers repeat the process each day and start just after 7.00 am, yep, I was on the beach each day just before 7.00am as I love the quietness of the morning, trust me people are putting towels down to reserve beds from before 6.00am!!!! That should be stopped as they come back mid-day after going back to bed...this was not stereotypical of any particular nation either.
Jet skiing and other water sports available, all initially loudly demonstrated by the guys running it to draw your attention, but, all at good prices. Horse riding available through hotel too. I have to say normally I would disagree with this, however lessons are morning and late afternoon when weather cooler, plus the horses are clearly looked after, well groomed and fed. I did see the camels on beach each day, most looked ok but clearly not had the same care as the horses, especially one of them although these were not part of the hotel.
Entertainment looked very good, although we chose not to participate the team approached and accepted we wanted peace and quiet. Lovely bunch though, and as I say, looked good if a busy holiday is your thing.
Had a taxi into the harbour, not much going on there but, my oh my, if you love shopping go!! Not too much hassle, but worth a visit just for the experience. Taxi cost 7 dinar each way. There's horse and carriage trips outside of the hotel, I could have cried for these poor animals :(

The day we left I wasn't feeling well, nothing to do with food etc at hotel, everyone else was fine (I'm just prone to an upset stomach). I was well looked after until the coach collected us, huge thanks to the TC rep for sorting things out, we as a family really appreciate his kindness.
Never been to a hotel where there's so many staff cleaning, gardening, waiting and in general making your experience as enjoyable as possible. The staff are so respectful of their guests, I have from good authority that clear professional boundaries are set by the hotel.

We'd definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The best rooms are beach view 'de-luxe'
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
13  Thank Reviewers33612
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Returned 4 hrs. ago from here. 4th. visit in 6 years. The one underlying fact of this hotel are the staff. Some remember us from 6 years ago, they are like friends now.I'll give you the low down of everything.
Area. In a quite suberb of Hammamet at the end of a road. A few shops outside the hotel, some fixed price. They've opend up a new supermarket(Amour I think, walk out of hotel first left,end of that road turnleft,100m on right), sells most things you'll need or forgot and very cheap. Take a taxi to Hammamet or Yasmine, 5 or 6 TN £2 to 3 annd try haggling in the Madinas or have a drink. Top tip try the supermarkets outside the Medina in Yasmine for good bargains.
Rooms
Comfortable but need an update. Switches don't always work, air con faults etc, but the most comfy beds and pillows you'll ever have. Maid service every day and do a great job,flowers on bed some days. Just a small tip to any of the staff always helps as they earn little and are so grateful.
Seems to be getting better. Breakfast.eggs of all kind,pastries,hot and cold meats,breads,cereals, doughnuts,tea,coffee even bacon(they call it fat).
Lunch.Beach restaurant.All kinds of hot and cold food,chicken,beef,pasta,rice,fish,soup,puddings of all kinds,friut, just help yourself. Also pizza bar and wok bar all freshly cooked. Waiter service, look out for Jamal he'll try to get you drunk.
Pool hut and beach hut seving burgers,panninis,ice cream.
Evening meal in main restaurant much like the beach restaurant but also having carved meats,sushi,sea food and themed nights,all waiter service.
Midnight buffet outside Jasmin bar from 9.30pm. You wont go hungry.
Bars. two, Semi ramis 10am to midnight,Jasmin 24hr. All waiter service round pool and bar area all day and night.
Indoor and outdoor pools, laundry(free)shisha bar,massage,fish massage.
Beach and pool have sunbeds and guys to help you. Again little tip goes a long way.
Animation team provide sports and games during day,boule,archery,aquasize,volleyball,waterpolo,zumba and line dancing. They also do the evening shows. You must see their adaptation of the Lion King and the Abba show. I'll let you make up your own mind. A special mention to Sami,Emir and Danny, they really try.
I must mention the Thomas Cook rep Mahir(Mahair), he is brilliant,sorted out a lost case for us,told us great information, just a great guy.
Try both the beach and the pool,both have their own atmosphere, try the free a la carte restaurants on the beach, asian, ilalian and tunisian for a change,try and join in with the animation team, we had a great few days playing boule with a English,French chap called Pascal,brilliant,eat too much and drink a lot. You'll love the area, the Hotel,staff,beach,pool and remember it for years to come.
Yes the Hotel is looking tired,needs an update but the staff make it,working hard to help you with hardly a day off.They are building a new part to the complex next door and I hope they don't spoil the charm of the original and divert a bit of the money to updating the old part.
To sum up I've been here 4 times and will return, Its still one of the best.........

Room Tip: an upgrade to sea front room,well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank Andy6466
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Les Orangers for 11 nights at beginning of August and it was amazing. Our room was near the reception just off the car park and it was very spacious and clean and the bed was huge! The maid was excellent and cleaned most days and our adjoining room had twin beds again huge and both had full sized bathrooms with bath and shower over. There were all the little extras robes, slippers basket of toiletries, kettle, fridge etc. So really pleased with room. Food was fantastic with lots of choice so there was always something for everyone. Just got a little busy sometimes but then with 800 guests what do you expect but queues went down quite quickly.
Pool was nice but we used the beach everyday as it was amazing and so relaxing. We ate at the beach restaurant daily and the food was very good and the service was excellent. Mohammad was amazing and brought me cocktails daily and nothing was too much trouble.
The entertainment was really good the animation team works really hard every day. Samir, Mido and Brian were fantastic and really bring everything together the shows are funny and the whole team really go for it and made us laugh.
All in all a super holiday and we will definitely be going back next year.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Sharon S
Reviewed 14 August 2014

we stayed here for a week in the middle of july for the first time in tunisia and cant wait to go back! from start to finnish i cant fault anything in this hotel.we went for a delux room as the holiday was so cheap and it was fantastic,large bathroom,bedroom,small lounge area and a balcony you would die for,it looked right onto the fantastic beach,infact it was the biggest balcony i have ever seen at any hotel we have stayed in and was a sun trap the whole day.room cleaned every day by very nice maids,cant fault them.food was great,something for everyone and you could eat nearly 24 hours a day!if you could manage it.bar staff and waiters also amazing,tip them a little everyday and they wont let you down,running all over the place and always keeping your drinks topped up even before they were finnished!animation team also excellent,how they manage to keep there energy everyday amazed me,they never stopped looking after everybody.everybody you spoke to had nothing but praise for this amazing hotel,one person we spoke to was there 5th time here and they keep comming back.i could go on and on about this hotel but believe me if you visit this hotel i bet you will go back as we will be doing.

Room Tip: deluxe sea view rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank buckiepete
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel In March 2014 low season.Everything about this hotel is top class.Had a relaxing break,fantastic value for the money paid.The staff are very hard working and always have a smile on there face.Indoor swimming pool nice and warm,top class food.Will return in 2015.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank michaekhassett
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Went on a two week holiday with family from the 16/07/14 to 30/07/14. It was our second visit to this hotel as we came last year around the end of August. This hotel never disappoints as we felt like we never left the hotel last year as soon as we walked through the doors! The staff are very welcoming and gives you a happy vibe to start off your holiday. Drinks and chocolates are given as you register into the hotel.

We had two standard rooms which were near reception and the restaurant. As I had a room to myself, we requested to have two standard rooms with a connecting door in between so it was like me and my parents were together. The rooms were cleaned daily by maids and fresh towels and bed sheets were changed daily too. They were always friendly when seeing us in the hallways and didn't make a fuss. One day I left a tip and a note for the maids and they made our rooms more decorative by adding flowers and making our bed sheets into spirals. Being a teenage girl my room was always a mess and they always arranged my make up into placed that was organised and so I could easily find them.

Seeming as I'm a very fussy eater, I never went a day without enjoying my food! The restaurant in the morning had good selections and was my favourite meal of the day! It had pancakes, waffles, cereals, toast, cooked breakfast, salad, croissants, biscuits, omelettes, yogurts and so much more! Lunch time there are two shacks, one by the pool which Chef is normally at and one by the beach, these have paninis, pizza, burgers, donuts and ice cream. They are tasty and my family can never get enough of them! The pizzeria and wok is delicious and the stir fry was definitely my favourite! The two restaurants had a good variety of food and plenty of desserts to choose from!

The pool was always clean, and wasn't too busy, you could always find a bed, and if you couldn't the pool guys will always find you one! So there's no need to wake up early! The bar staff always get you drinks and always remember your orders! They are friendly and always on top form! Even when it was Ramadan during our stay they were always very friendly and joking around. Some remembered us from last year which was very nice and they always talked to us throughout the day!

The animation team always make our holiday! Zuzu, Fredi, Yo, Mido, Arwa, Dina, Emir, Dani, Brian, Mario, Joe and Amine always tried to get us involved and are always active doing activities throughout the day. Some we knew and they recognised us from last year, and the new ones made us feel like family from our first day! We always got involved and just had fun everyday! It was a very relaxing holiday and we were very sad to leave all the friends we made on this holiday! Would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Tunisia and we cannot wait to come back in the future!!

Stayed: August 2014