“Great Relaxing holiday”

Sol Azur Beach Hotel
Ranked #57 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Just back from 2 weeks in the Sol Azur.When we first arrived,we though OMG!!! This place needs some T.L.C.We paid for a sea view and that's just what we got. 4th floor view to die for, ,good size room ,2 queen size beds &1single.The room was very clean if not a little worn, the beds were very comfortable nice comfy pillows,Maid service every day with clean sheets and towels Every Day.Rose petals on bed and in bathroom with lots of toiletries.Just lovely.
Pool very nice the pool guy will have your bed and matteress everyday for you ,a few Dinars tip works wonders.
the food was very,good,always good selection,and always nice and hot.There is 3 different choices cooked fresh on the grill every night as well as a full selection of hot dishes already prepared. nice salad bar and the desserts are to die for.
Wine not bad at all ,the Rosa was very drinkable.again the waiter service was excellent,
We walked into Hammamet every morning it takes about 25 mins .and is lovely walk along the beach.
So to sum it all up ,if you want a nice relaxing holiday with,great service,I would recommend the Sol Azur.However the hotel is Tired to say the least,with a bit of TLC.It would
Be fabulous again.So don't be put off,by the negative reviews.
Don't forget to tip the staff,they work very had and get very little wages,
Would I go back???? Yes even though I really do prefer a nice new hotel,.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msards

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for ten days weather want that good had a few rain days it's a very quiet hotel and a lot of older people seem to like it there nothing to do in the day it was a bit to quiet for me and u get charge £2 for a hour for using wifi never heard this before cause all the other hotels I been in around there it is free the staff are very nice just keep them self to there self I got told I came wrong time n it's better in the summer time when it's more busy but if u want a relax quiet hoilday this is the place to go I don't think I will go back as I been to cheaper hotels that was a lot better I think it's more for older people time 6pm comes it's dead n quiet n everyone just drinking trying to make there owe fun haha and people who like to use wifi a lot defo don't go here cause u are gettin charge every time u want to use it

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Dollymolly13
Reviewed 12 May 2014

1 week all inclusive recently. Beautiful place: lovely pool and beach. Wonderful rooms (Beds were changed every day) + excellent views. Generous and excellent buffet. The Director was professional and efficient. His team was friendly and did a great job. My wife, my children (daughter 16 and son 14) and me enjoyed our stay. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to visit Hammamet.
Antony

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Antony P
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Me and my girlfriend came back yesterday! After reading some reviews we were a bit skeptical about going. Our flights were delayed getting there and we were very frustrated and wanted to complain to Thomas cook, but as soon as we got to the hotel we didn't even care as it was paradise! The lobby was absolutely gorgeous and We were greeted with a tropical drink. after a speedy check in taken up to our room! The view from the room's balcony was spectacular! The hotel staff were absolutely brilliant and we want to go back in June! All very clean and the food was brilliant, lots of choices if your a fussy eater like me! Special thanks to Ramzi, Mario, saber and joe of the animation team as they made our holiday! Also the pool guy was outstanding and really looked after us, always giving me cigarettes ;) he did all this with no tip so we tipped him generously on the last day as he didn't expect anything from us just wanted to make sure we enjoyed ourselves and we certainly did! The manager was great and even hugged me on the last night and was sad to see us go! They served cocktails 5-7 but he made them for us outside of these times :) overall not a bad word to say because this was a fantastic holiday!l it was also my girlfriends birthday whilst we were there and they made it extra special by bringing us flowers cake and even champagne!!! Although the hotel wasn't brand new it was authentic and the decor was extremely detailed! Overall great holiday and we will be returning! Especially as we only paid £360 pp for an all inclusive 7 nights stay! People who say the staff are surly and rude is clearly a reflection of themselves as they were great! Outstanding value for what we paid and highly recommend this hotel to anyone who isn't an uptight ***hole :)

Thanks for a great holiday from jake and Maddie

Room Tip: Ask for sea/pool view room but all rooms have their own balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jake S
Reviewed 8 May 2014

With my family we had a lovely time April this year. We found the hotel better than what we were expecting. Very nice hotel. Rooms clean and quiet (sea view room was great, but bungalows seemed much nicer). Good food with plenty of choice. The beach and the pool area were very nice. My daughters preferred to be by the pool but my husband and me preferred the beach.
Very attentive staff in all areas always ready to satisfy your requests.
Very pleasant night entertainment.
We enjoyed our holiday and we would go again.
Val

Room Tip: Sea view room was great, but bungalows seemed much nicer.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Val5866
Reviewed 5 May 2014

just back on 27th April and was a bit put of beforehand with some of the reviews Id read about the Sol Azur, but found the hotel better than what I was expecting, yes it needs updating ,but food was good, room was clean, staff very helpful and couldn't do enough for you. One lady had a broken wrist and whenever she went for her meals one of the staff always helped her get her meal. Weather wasn't to great but when the sun was out it was lovely and the pool area and beach were very nice. Wasn't put off by the cats as they are there for a reason and are looked after by the hotel. Liked the boys that done the entertainment at nights, was family entertainment but they done their best and I even won Miss Sol Azur but never got the certificate I was meant to get.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank HillsDundee
Reviewed 29 April 2014

had a lovely time April this year, just back - very good hotel, very attentive staff in all areas, good food and plenty of choice and venues to eat -; clean and attractive areas everywhere, lovely poolside, lovely bedrooms and sea views to die for in most rooms - lovely relaxing area of Hammamet with easy access to all Tunisia - very central lovely town area, Fort and Marina, enjoyed all 2 wks - no probs at all

Room Tip: most rooms have sea views but request just in case - avoid 3rd floor near room 1345 in June,July &am...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple