“Excellent, friendly, clean and spacious hotel”
Review of Iberostar Averroes

Iberostar Averroes
Ranked #4 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My friend and I went here last week for a relaxing holiday. We loved it and would definitely visit again. Lovely hotel, spacious, clean and friendly people. All inclusive option was fantastic value and food was delicious and with so much choice. Spa facilities brilliant as well as other services such as photographer and shop - staff couldn't do enough for us.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Misspiggywiggy
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Averroes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for the lovely review you shared following your recent visit to our IBEROSTAR Averroes hotel and are delighted to read that we were able to match your expectations.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay, from the beauty and cleanliness of our hotel, the quality and variety of our buffets and the professionalism and genuine kindness of our staff.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for making us your choice hotel when visiting the area. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kindest Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Averroes

Write a ReviewReviews (2,838)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just got back after a week at the Averroes.It was nice and clean, rooms spotless 1025&1027.So was all of the hotel.All the staff are great,the animation team are a great bunch.If you want to try and book your room. 1000 rooms are on the ground. 2 small probs.Only 1 electric plug in room.
There are hairdryers in the rooms but could be better.(Not much power)
£10 for safe in room.
Breakfast 06.30-10.00
Lunch 12.30-14.00
Dinner 19.00- 21.30.
I think that odd number rooms are sea views.

i

Room Tip: Room 1025&1027
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mickylawton
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We travelled here after visiting another iberostar and unfortunately this one is not quite as good although we still had a good holiday

The dine around Italian advertised as an all incl treat once on ur holiday is only free if u like lasagne as ur main course otherwise u pay?
Buffet is more than adequate with plenty if choice
Gym you pay although we already knew this
Sunday is day off for all enetertainment staff ?
Why not staggered days off?
Hotel is a little tired but is clean and probably the best in the area
Most times no crushed ice for cocktails
Please just but a machine
There are a lot of small things that could make a good hotel a great hotel
The surrounding area is rundown as well and a lot of scammers are just waiting to rip u off which is a great shame for tourism in hammamet

The staff are all great here and the animation team outstanding in every way
If we returned it would be because of them not the hotel
Finally the hotel tattoo artist is great at henna and real tattoos and cheap so don't go outside and use a rubbish one

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank peter p
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Averroes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for the time you spent to share your personal impressions on your stay at our IBEROSTAR Averroes. We always welcome feedback, as it allows us to continually improve the experience we create for our guests.

We lament reading that apparently you were not properly informed about our fix menu for our thematic restaurant; as you can see both on our website and brochure, the included dinner for All Inclusive guests is reported to be on menu and not à la carte, we regret your disappointment on this aspect of your stay.

We are grateful for your constructive critics that will be shared with the management team; we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the quality and variety of our main restaurant’s buffets and are sincerely grateful for your praising comments towards our staff, we will not fail to congratulate them all on your behalf.

Thank you again for your valuable time; It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Yasmine Hammamet and please do not hesitate contact us beforehand to organize every detail of your stay.

Kindest Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Averroes

Reviewed 30 May 2014

we visited this hotel and had a great evening here in the restaurant we know people who stayed there after switching from the horrible saphir palace ,food excellent staff great , new and older side to hotel older side clean but ready for its refurbishment this year you wont be dissapointed

Room Tip: overlooking the rear
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend for a week in the middle of May for 1 week. Upon arrival at the hotel, I was immediately impressed with the appearance of it. We didn't see nicer on are stay in Yasmine Hammamet. The hotel was very clean and tidy and well presented. After a quick and pleasant check in, we were shown to our room, which i payed the little extra for which was located on the top floor, over looking the beach and pool are. I have to say I havnt stayed in a hotel before with such brilliant veiws. It was amazing. Our room was a good size ans and was just freshly decorated. The maid cleaned our room every second day (which we asked for)y spotlessly. She wven made some fantastic artwork out of our towels, bathroom had a bath and shower, with toilet in separate room which was good.

The food at this hotel was amazing, plenty to choose from at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We never got bored at what was on offer, the deserts on offer where also fantastic.
You could also get something to eat all throughout the day if you were hungry in between meals. The waiters were always on hand to look after you.

My favourite part of the hotel was the poor bar, fantastic entertainment throughout the day from the animation team, always something to do every day. Alcohol wasnt bad, it did go down nicely while relaxing in the sun lol

Entertainment in the evening time wasnt bad either. They really worked hard to keep everyone entertained. Was a different show on every night.

But to some up our holiday and especially this hotel, WOWWWW Amazing, if anyone s thinking about booking this hotel, I would 100% recommend you to stay here. You wont regret it.

Theres not to many hotels where you can walk straight onto the beach from your hotel, with plenty of water sports activities to do e.g jet skiing, para sailing, banana boating etc. Brilliant.
Around the pool area you could also play pool, table tennis, darts, archery upon other things.

We will definitely be returning to this hotel again.

The food at this hotel was superb, plenty to choose at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I never got bored with what was on offer

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor overlooking the beach and sea. Fantastic views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MarkF86
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good points -The hotel itself is wonderful! Lovely staff and wonderful entertainment staff. Everyday around the pool there we're a variety of different activity to join in with either French bowl to archery and many more. The pool bar was very good with again lovely staff. Food was ok with a good selection but then began to repeat a lot! Rooms we're beautiful. Me and my family had been put in one of the newly decorated rooms with a sea view which was lovely! Cleaners came in everyday and was very pleasant. Bad points- whilst your trying to relax around the pool you are getting harassed by someone, either the spa man
or the people trying to sell trips( I understand that's Their job) but no need to keep coming back and pestering you! Beach is ok, but does have camel stuff on their and again you get
harassed by the looky looky people. Wifi in the hotel is only in the lobby so you can imagine half of the guests are all in there using it! Outside the hotel was nice but then my partner and I began to get suspicious when men kept approaching us
saying 'we work in your hotel" these people do NOT work there and do not go anywhere with them we we're told by hotel security guards! Whilst we was on our holiday there we're 3 lifeguards one an older gentleman, another lifeguard and then a young one, the young was is rude and very snappy towards women! But the other 2 are lovely and very polite! Overall lovely place to stay but there are a few faults!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Milliesullivan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We came back from this Hotel on the 18th May after a 2week stay. The room was large and comfortable (did not have a sea view).The food was good plenty of choice and an amazing sweet arrangement at lunch + night times. the barmen were really friendly and we liked that. It is a lovely hotel to have a relaxing holiday. I also found the reception staff were very helpful. We made friends with another couple who went back the first weekend and left their tablet in their room, they texd us and when I checked with reception indeed they had found it. I showed them the tex and they gave me the tablet ,which we took home for them and returned it last Wednesday. They live close to us.
I also lost my Kindle a it was left on the plane. I enquired at the airport on our return and was told that they had my Kindle in lost + found. But I could not have it as the office was shut. so the security chap advised me to contact Thomas Cook direct. He must have been joking as Thomas Cook are so negative regarding the Kindle. Most unhelpful so far. I had reported it to the rep in the Hotel the day after we arrived so they had plenty of time to get it back for me ? I think 13 days is long enough, he did not have the decency to contact me after he made enquiries. We gave him our room no and what seats we sat on the plane. This has spoilt the holiday for me.
No fault of the Hotel.
We went to the Medina but the vendors don't leave you alone to look at all the goods that are on sale, people would buy more if they were left to look themselves as it is quite intimidating when they are hovering. you also have to haggle with them at least half of what they ask.
We would go back to this Hotel as we did enjoy.

Room Tip: If you stay in your room ,upgrade to sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple