All reviews walk in wardrobe biggest bed mini bar beach bar large balcony relaxing break this wonderful hotel two weeks main restaurant would recommend this hotel to anyone pasta soft drinks tunisia entertainment french holiday marina
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This is our second visit to this fabulous hotel. We recommended the hotel to some friends and we were fortunate to return there with them . They loved it as much as we did.
The service we received was exemplary in every possible way and I can honestly say that we didn't have any concerns about security.
Our fellow guests were unanimous in their praise of the hotel, Nuno and his staff.
We will return for sure!
Julie and Colin Davis

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank JMDManchester
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We have just returned from a excellent 2 week stay at the Riu Palace, and have nothing but praise for the Manager and is Professional and friendly team who made us feel genuinely special.
On our return we could not believe some of the reviews, with our own experience we were happy with the level of security at the Hotel and we certainly did not have any problems.
We shall definitely return in the future.

Bill and Fiona

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Amac1red
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Just had confirmation that my attempt at lodging a review on TA has been rejected as it breaks their hearsay rules etc. Therefore trying again and trying to stay within their guidelines.
My wife and I stayed at the Oceana again for 4 weeks 7th Sep-5th Oct 2011. All went well until my wife had her jewellery stolen from our suite, both gold and fake taken. We are aware of other theft problems in the Hotel, won’t go further as TA will cancel this review also, but it seems endemic.
On leaving our room at the end of a difficult stay I noticed the security foil strip covering the room safe electronics had been ripped open, not sure if important but be aware.
Also, check what you sign for at the bar’s, order 1 beer and sign for 3. This despite tipping the guys every visit, very sad.
The Hotel is very close to signing a “Couples Only” contract with Thomson and this is obviously the last thing they need. Not being ott, but be very careful with your possessions.
We will never return.
Blue and Gilly

16  Thank Blue072
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Hi there, this is my 1st attempt at posting a review on TA so please bear with me. Food, beach, gym, indoor pool, all good as ever. However, the negative bit; my husband and I have been going to the Oceana twice a year for the last 5 or 6 years and have loved it, hence our return visits. Sadly this latest holiday (7th Sep-5th Oct 11 - 28 days) turned sour. Our room was broken into, sorry not broken into, but entered somehow and my jewellery, both gold and fake(M&S) was stolen from the dressing table. We had a room safe, but naively perhaps I trusted everyone, it is after all 5 star. I cannot put a value on what was taken, but suffice to say that sentimental is not strong enough, those who know me are aware of my little gold man. Sadly, as my husband said at the time, things like this do happen in Hotels; however what I find so disturbing is that it would seem not to be a one off, as we spoke to several other couples who we know from previous visits and they had also suffered losses, cash, cameras. phones and clothing, not only British but other Nationalities, it seems endemic in the Hotel. What was most frightening was the room safes seem not secure as they were compromised. Whilst the Hotel Manager is a lovely man and was trying to be helpful and sympathetic, I suspect that he has an uphill battle.
For the last week, the Hotel operated a 2 person principle for the rooms with 2 maids, 2 maintenance, 2 mini bar people at all times, security guys walking up and down the corridors. All I can say is, enjoy your holiday, but please, please try to ensure that you keep an eye on your cash etc and be very wary of the room safes. Of note, when we were leaving our room on the final day, my husband noticed that the tinfoil security seal covering the room safe electronics (inside the door at the hinge end), had been broken open exposing the workings, coincidence, don’t know, but worth a check? Possibly me being ott, but I made my husband put a chair at the door for the last week and wouldn’t allow the AC to be on, as I knew someone was walking round with a room pass key. Sorry for being negative but I felt a moral obligation to put this on TA. We will never return, once bitten etc.
Thanks for reading, but be careful. It is still a nice Hotel, but don’t take valuables as you might lose them. Please feel free to contact me for more info if you wish as I have nothing to hide and no axe to grind.
Gilly Battersby

14  Thank gillian b
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Having now stayed at the hotel on three occasions, twice this year, May and September, the Oceana and in particular its staff continue to impress. They are so friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the downside this year has been the thefts from hotel bedrooms some guests have experienced and this is an issue which must be resolved. The hotel's General Manager leads by example and is most attentive. Also worryingly Thomson have now put this hotel in their Couples classification so no longer is their A la Carte serrvice available for next year. Having a no children policy will potentially be a good move but we will miss the taxi transfers unless we pay extra for them. In the past the service we have received from Thomson on-the-ground at the hotel has been patchy and does not bode well for the future unless they improve. We will be going back in May 2012 but are holding off making a reservation for September until we have experienced Thomson's new service. Sandra and David Miles.

7  Thank DavidMiles4