“Low key and relaxing”

Aziza Residence Thalasso Golf
Ranked #51 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Lovely place, very clean and well run. Good choice of food over our 2 week stay, if you want fish and chips stay at home! Great staff, both helpful and friendly. It's very quiete and relaxed, rarely any noise at night so a good sleep is guaranteed. Very pleased with my stay and a big thank you to all the staff

Room Tip: Pay a litle extra and get a sea view room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank regiment76

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Myself and partner stayed at the Aziza for 10 days beginning the 29th June 2014. We booked thistrip through Thomas Cook, the minute we arrived at the Aziza waiters came out with a welcome drink, and believe me it was welcomed as the weather was stunning. After that cool lemon towels were provided for further refreshment. A great start to the holiday. All guests were then shown where to eat and how to book into the two a la carte restaurants on site. We decided to upgrade our room to a sea veiw at a cost of £120 for the duration of our stay which I must say is a great investment.

Throughout our trip getting out and about was high on our agenda. After the welcome meeting we headed off in reasonably priced taxis from outside the hotel. The hotel pool/sun loungers and parasols were in excellent condition and comfortable. We did tip the pool attended a couple of dinar and he then made sure we had a space each day. This was the case on the hotels beach also. Tipping is down to personal preference in my opinion, however Tunisia is a developing country, so I found open-mindedness and research prior to travel served me well. Tipping dosent have to break the bank and the hotel staff showed gratitude for any dinar they recieved.

The hotel has an Animation team, these people put on activites throughout the day. Personally I participated in boules once on the beach and thouroughly enjoyed the game and met some great adults from multiple nationalities, we all enjoyed ourselves. I found the animation team polite in their invitations to participate and also polite in accepting that activities are not what everyone want from their holiday. For the guest who did want to venture out on foot, the hotel have a short guided walk each morning at 9.30am. The security of having a knowledgable, freindly guide is an asset to the hotel. Walks lasted for around an hour, exploring the local area this is a great opprtunity to ask questions and gain new knowledge.

i found my meals to be perfectly acceptable in terms of choice and quality. The hotel caters for multiple nationalities and incorporated english food into the menus. I did not go hungry at any point and probably put on a few pounds due to the selection of delicious cakes. Every meal time the hotel incorporated a grill, where chefs would freshly prepare chicken, pork, beef and fish. Pasta was also available during our stay. Lunch time is the same format, we sat on the veranda to dine most days, again a small amount of dinar as a tip helps.

I didnt see any of the evening entertainment so cannot comment. However after our evening meal I did sit quietly listening to the resident keyboardist playing relaxing music, which was an enjoyable post-dinner hour.

The hotel beach is lovely, clean and inviting. Non motorised watersports are available I tried them all. windsurfing, canoeing and catamaran where the hotel beach staff are present on the trip. A great opprtunity to marvel at the stunning Tunisian coastline. The beach staff are on hand all day to help with your requirements and provided me with the basics of windsurfing.

To summarise my hotel Aziza experience I would say the hotel is pleasantly accomodating, welcoming, clean and serves as a great base for both exploring Tunisia and a relaxing, stress free holiday. I would return to the Aziza.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor, sea veiw room 203. This room provides a "straight out" veiw...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks in June arrived to cold towel and drink check in was quick and easy. The hotel rooms are modern and spacious with plenty of storage. We had a sea view room 248 paid extra for. Had to move room after a few days due to the dogs barking all night to 155 which had. A sea view and pool view with large balcony lovely. The pool area is lovely with a large free form pool with enough loungers around which were very comfy. The pool was sometimes slow due to understaffing a feature of the hotel on a whole. No spirits served at the pool bar which I thought was pretty poor as most people like a cocktail or two during the day also had to sign for all drinks not good at all never experienced this before and the sentido hotel 200m along the road does not do this so why here told it was for stock control but not buying this as it all gets logged on the till which gives receipts to sign. The restraunt by th pool lunch time food was nice but not a lot of choice and repeats to often could also do with more waiter staff always found something to so ok but could be so much better with a couple of small changes. The main restraunt was also like this although more staff where on.
The international restraunt was really good service and food a highlight of our stay visited 3 times also the Tunisian was lovely visited twice. The main bar got quite busy some nights and this awas waiter service only had to wait 25 mins for a drink on occasions not good need more waiters or have the option of goin upto the bar to be served. Intertainment was the worse I have experienced on A/L really need to address this. The animation team try and include everyone but are not too pushy and will chat really friendly bunch I enjoyed the pool games but this could be done on a daily basis instead of once a week. We tipped regularly when good service was provided. The hotel is probably geared towards older age groups I would not recommend for younger generation as very quite and relaxed mood. Overall the hotel was nice but could be excellent if they took advice from the customers as mostly all,the same negative comments. Drinks service variety, more waiter staff,better quality entertainment,and stop,this having to sign for all drinks.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Me and my husband have just returned from 10 days at the aziza beach! We had the most fanstatic honeymoon here!! We cant fault this hotel and would return again! The animation team are great and Saif made us feel very welcome and the atmosphere around the pool each day was brilliant, we did zumba, water aerobics,salsa dancing and more!!! The food was very good, for me lots of choice, but for my husband who is more fussy than i am, was alittle disappointed in the food, the rooms are lovely with great air conditioning, lots of space and it was spotless the whole time. we had a front view but still could see the sea from the left side which was fine by us. The hotel has 24hr security, so this makes you feel very safe, but we met some friends and travelled out most days. The beach is clean and the water is very clear, there is some water sports that are free for all inclusive guests and these we found very good! there is also some water sports that are alittle to the left of the beach and they are a very good price, but we did not go on these. all in all we loved our stay and cant wait to return to the aziza next year! Thankyou too all the staff!!! and another big thankyou for Saif for keeping us all entertained during our stay!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Have just returned from spending 10 days at this hotel celebrating my husbands 50th birthday and our 25th wedding anniversary. We couldn't have picked a nicer hotel we have had a very relaxing time just what we needed thanks to the lovely very friendly staff who made us feel very welcome nothing was to much trouble. We will definitely return in the future deb and paul.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor which was perfect you could see the sea from your balcony and it w...
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is lovely, we couldn't have asked for anymore, the staff are very friendly and helpful, would highly recommend both Tunisian and international restaurants they are brilliant, everything is clean and the rooms are beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel the views are really nice, if we had gone for 2 weeks we would have had chance to explore but we just wanted to relax and that we did!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank kelsey b
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hi just enjoyed a very pleasant stay at the AZIZA we stayed for 1week all inclusive nothing outstanding to mention just a decent hotel at a good price . The staff are very good the rooms are comfortable and clean as are the public areas . There are a couple of Italian restaurants nearby and a few supermarkets you can change money at reception where you can hire towels for 10 dinars wich you get back at the end of your stay. we tipped the waiters between 2 and 5 dinars on a daily basis although some guests didn't bother we found it made ordering drinks a bit easier all in all we had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple