“Total chill out”

Ranked #11 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Total chill out”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

On transfer from the airport I admit I was worried what my holiday was going to be like but upon arrival, first class service, surroundings, rooms, food and facilities.
Very relaxing holiday and the fact it is now an adult only hotel really made a difference to the whole holiday for us. Will definitely return for a week of relaxation and sun. We did the 2 day Sahara experience which was good value for money and definitely an experience not to be missed. But be warned it is 2 very early morning starts and a very,very long time is spent on the coach. I feel the first days iterinary was better than the second days.

Room Tip: Worth paying a bit extra for a sea view. Nice to wake up to.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank blackweb3
houda h, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment written on tripadvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
All the staff looking forward welcoming you back as soon as possible.

Sentido Aziza Beach Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in August for two weeks with three other friends and had a fantastic time.

The welcome was nice, sitting down, forms brought to us as well lemonade and a cool towel. Much better than waiting in a queue. We had two see view rooms which were great. Nice size, plenty of storage, large bathroom, fridge with bottled water. 2 points to note, the beds are very hard and the pillows weren't great, also there is only 1 English TV channel (not a major problem, just an FYI). There is also free wifi, not the most reliable, but allows you to browse your favourite sites.

The food was excellent, great choice and so nice that you can eat in different restaurants as part of the all inclusive. The buffets were great and it was lovely to visit the International and Tunisian restaurants for a change. Tips are important, they help with an excellent service, a big thanks to Fathi.

Drinks on the terrace of an evening was lovely, again tips help the service, thank you to Hassan for keeping the drinks topped up.

The pool was lovely, and the pool attendant was great, a few Diner and he will reserve your seats every day with the thicker cushions. The animation team were great, Aqua gyyyyyyyyym, crazy games, darts were all a lot of fun. The walk in the morning with Ghazi was great, glad to have been part of your largest group so far :) The pool bar was good, thanks to Said for being helpful.

The beach was nice, great fun using the free water sports. The spa next door was also great, I can recommend the massage! :)

We did three excursions: the welcome tour; nice to see the resort of Hammamet, although it doesn't have a great deal to offer, but it gave you a chance to do some shopping. The pirate ship was fun, a bit cheesy, although it was a half day and we saw some fun entertainment, dolphins, had lunch and were able to jump of the boat and swim for a while, all for £15, bargain. The last was a day trip to see the amphitheatre, it was a long day, but it was nice to see different parts of the country.

Overall, we had a great holiday and I would like to thank all the staff for making it so relaxing.

Thanks
Ben

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank BG_Benjamin
houda h, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for posting your lovely review on tripadvisor,we are deglighted that
you enjoyed your stay with us.
It will be a pleasure to all of us welcoming you back.

Scotland
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Have just returned from a weeks stay at the aziza beach hotel with my partner.After reading some of the reviews came well prepared with my own pillows and wine which turned out to be a blessing!!.Firstly the room was lovely,cool,large and very clean,we had payed the extra to have the sea view which was well worth it.The room was cleaned every morning to a very high standard.The bed and pillows were really not that comfortable,pretty hard on the mattress front of things and as others have already commented the pillows are lumpy,okay it's not the rocks that some have said but still lumpy never the less.
We do like to tip after we have received a good service which is the normal thing to do but it seems that at this hotel it was expected that you had to tip before you even received any service,i.e the pool attendant was quite happily reserving sunbeds at the poolside at 6am in the best positions with nice comfy mattresses and nice cream towels along with the parasol etc,if the price was right you could also have a lilo if you added even more dinars to the tip before hand!.We sat mostly on the beach for the cooling breeze which was a welcome thing anyway but for the people up at the pool it wasn't too fair i think?.
Drinks at the poolside bar were served with a hint of which can only be described as a lack of friendliness and what seemed to be a lot of effort for those concerned.There was a beach bar which was supposed to be open from 11am to 5pm,but there was never anyone in attendance to serve the drinks which were still in their packaging in the rear of the beach hut!.My partner and i do like to have a glass of wine with our dinner but the wine was really undrinkable especially the white.
The service at the terrace and lobby bar was very slow indeed,on one evening we sat down on the terrace at 8pm and by 11pm we had had two drinks!!when i politely approached the bar inside i was met with a dirty look from the bar staff and was told to return to my seat where our order would be taken,this took another 20 minutes or so!.We visited the al a carte restaurants only the once during our stay and the food was at best mediocre and ended up eating at the buffet for the remainder of the holiday were the food was okay.We feel that the hotel lacked ambience and atmosphere here,a couple of candles here and there would have been nice.
Our stay at Aziza beach was an enjoyable experience to a point, but to have take your own wine and pillows to an all inclusive 4star Sentido hotel which is already advertised as a 5star for next years brochures is a joke!.

Room Tip: top floor rooms with a sea view are the best
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovebirdsscotland
Dear Guests,

Thank you for written this comment ,we appreciate all comments for our guests.
Your comments help us to improve.

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Me and my boyfriend (21&25) visited this hotel Aug 19th-27th. It was the best holiday we have ever had!
The airport in Tunisia was shocking to say the least so go with a smile and alot of patience because you have to que for a very long time and this is exaclty the same with flying home! A tip is to try and not change up too much currency because otherwise you have to que for an hour or so at the airport to change it back because this is the only place it can be exchanged back at!

The hotel exceeded all of our expectations, it was in a lovely quiet place and was very secure, the pool, beach and outside was all lovely and kept clean!

Our bedroom was lovely and spacious with more than enough room for storage and getting ready. Our view wasnt brilliant but we wasnt there to sit on the balcony the whole holiday!

The hotel staff were simply amazing, i have never been to one place and be greeted by such a lovely group of people. The waiters were always having a laugh with us and the pool and animation team were such a laugh and were a pleasure to be around!

The food was absolutely lovely, no matter what any reviews say! They catered for everyone and if there wasnt anything they made you something to please you!

All the hotel guests were lovely, and was extra lovely with no children. Although we had the 'crazy lady' next door to our bedroom she was soon dealt with and was made to leave the hotel

I could go on and on about our trip but it was definatley the best we have ever been on and we will be returning as soon as we can!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Hayley J
houda h, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much ,we are deglighted such a good comment about the Sentido Aziza Beach.
It will be a pleasure to all of us welcoming you back as soon as possible.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here 8th-15th August this year and we had a lovely time. Room - our view was over the front of the hotel, road side and although I was a little disappointed initially, thinking there was going to be lots of noise and we wouldn't get a nice view, I was quite surprised. We had beautiful views of the sun setting over the hills and we couldn't hear a thing from the road. The room was lovely a spacious, lots of storage, a huge double bed and having the temperature control on the air conditioning was lovely. It had modern furnishing in the room and bathroom with plenty of towels and clean bedding. The only negative comment I would have is that the floor didn't seem to get cleaned and so we wore flip flops around the room.

Food- I am a fussy eater with quite a sensitive stomach and I found the food absolutely fine. There was lots of choice and was all hot, given it was a buffet. The lunch was my favourite, given my 'fussyness'.

Staff - all were very friendly and helpful. It is important to remember that tips are expected, this just seems to be the way. Restaurant staff were quick to clear tables and ensure our drinks were topped up. We used to leave the very helpful ones 2dinar (80p). The animation team, running activities round the pool were really friendly offering, but not pushing, participation in events. My husband played table tennis, volleyball, boules, and the infamous crazy games. We went on a morning walk of the local area with a tour guide who was very informative and took part in aqua gym. But bellydancing, Pilates and yoga were also offered. The animation team were lovely, very friendly and happy to answer any questions we had about the area.

Facilities - the pool was lovely, we had no problems finding sinners and the pool guy was more than happy to get us an umbrella if we asked. The beach was nice, quite well taken care of and it was nice to see staff there to move on locals trying to sell stuff. Pedalos, kayaks and boats were available for guest use.

On the whole we had a lovely time. We would definately recommend this hotel and hope to go again.

• Stayed August 2012
9 Thank HanM30
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for this lovely review ,we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for recommending the Sentido Aziza Beach.
All the staff is looking forward welcoming you back.

Derbyshire
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Having read some of the reviews on the Aziza Beach I wonder if those reviewers stayed at the same hotel as us. How anyone can complain about anything at this hotel is beyond me!!

We stayed at the Aziza from the 22nd – 29th July and had a fantastic week.

This was our 5th visit to Tunisia so we knew pretty much what to expect. On arrival we were greeted with the traditional Tunisian “lemonade” and a refreshing cool towel which was a nice little touch.
Check in was quick and easy and the porters took our suitcases to our rooms.

The hotel is immaculately clean throughout and the public areas are fully air conditioned.

The rooms were clean, spacious and with plenty of wardrobe space. Some people have complained about the lack of English channels on the TV in the room, the way I see it is, if you go on holiday to sit in your room and watch TV then you might as well not bother and stay at home.
The fridge has a bottle of still and sparkling water and these are replaced daily if used. Some people have mentioned the pillows and I have to agree they were a little on the “lumpy” side but they weren’t that bad.

The pool area is kept clean, tidy and there are plenty of sunbeds, mattresses and umbrellas available all day every day. There is no need to be up at silly o’clock to get them. Ali (the pool man) will reserve sunbeds for you for a couple of dinars. Some people object to this, but remember Tunisian wages are very low and those few dinars are appreciated by all of the staff, and they will go the extra mile for you. What’s a couple of dinars? 80p, is it really a big deal?

The Animation team, Ghazi, Islem, Saif and I’m sorry I have forgotten the girls name were brilliant, there was the usual Aqua Gym , darts and “crazy” games in the pool, but there was no pressure to join in. Please do join in once or twice though as it keeps the Management off their backs. The guys understand that people want to relax and be lazy on holiday and they are more than happy to sit and have a chat with you.

Yes the pool bar does only serve water, beer and soft drinks (all coca cola brands) but do you really want to be knocking G&T’s back in the mid-day sun? If you do, go and sit on the terrace on the ground floor, they will be happy to serve you spirits there.

The pool restaurant is where lunch is served and breakfast and dinner are in the main restaurant.
When lunch has finished you can order food in the pool restaurant which is cooked to order until 4:00pm. The filled baguettes, pizzas and omelettes went down very well with our lot.

Mohammed and “James Bond” in the pool restaurant were absolutely fantastic, they couldn’t do enough for us, constantly topping up the Rose wine and bringing the beers.

The food in my opinion was excellent, always plenty to choose from, always hot and always served with a smile. (Hedi in the main restaurant especially)

We didn’t go to the European restaurant but we did hear good reviews, the Tunisian restaurant however was excellent. Special thanks to Jamil for making our night there so lovely.

Our waiters in the main restaurant were very attentive, plates cleared quickly and glasses constantly topped up. Thank you Chadley and Nawfel.

Hassen in the main bar was great, always smiling and we didn’t have to wait long for drinks to be served, again a couple of dinars goes a long way.

The beer, rose wine, gin and vodka are all good as are the soft drinks, the coffee was always hot, even the brandy was ok I’ve been told (can’t comment myself as I don’t drink it)

Overall we couldn’t fault the hotel, the staff, the food or anything else for that matter.

Would we go back? Damn right we would!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Emma W
houda h, Responsable relations clients at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you and big thank you for this lovely review written on tripadvisor
All the staff looking forward to welcome you again to Sentido Aziza Beach

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Now if you notice most of my reviews I am not a picky person nor do I expect a lot but from what I read on here I was pretty dissappointed.

You will probabaly read a lot of good reviews but I would honestly say to not waste your money and pick a different adults only hotel. Here are the reasons why:

1. The rep told us we would be the first to be dropped off as that was part of the VIP package thing but we were the last ones to be dropped off.

2. As we arrived the building wasnt exactly breath taking with a badly lit sign at the top and dated decor.

3. The towels provided for a refreshment actually made me reach due to the smell.

4. As we arrived on an evening flight we had around 20mins to quickly get in, fill out some forms and rush for food. They didnt even do an extended dinner for ne arrivals as other places do.

5. I soon noticed on the Thomas Cook websit it stated it was a 5* but actually its classed as a 4*

6. The room was nice but as soon as we walked in we could tell it had not been cleaned. There was so much dirt on the floor we had to wear our flip flops for the first night.

7. I paid extra for a sea view (go with that otherwise you will see the road). I booked really early and asked for a high floored room. I had the lowest floor room with a partial view. Also the ''Double'' bed was 2 twins put together which I speciffically said I wanted a double due to back problems!

8. Most of the food didnt agree with me and my GF and I have a very strong stomach.

9. The usual people flocking down at 6am to get their beach beds.

10. There are not enough umbrellas and sunbed cushions for everyone. And heres the worst part, in order to even get a bed, cushion or umbrella the pool boy DEMANDS a tip every day. This is the only time I have been sworn at for not giving a tip. I usually always tip at the end of my holiday but I will not tip someone who expects it. Also make sure you get some of the pool floats as he will give them to whoever has paid him the most but its the hotels and everyone can use them.

11. The animation team are a good bunch of people, if you say no then they leave you alone but the music they play isnt the best but it keeps skipping and jumping which is even more annoying.

12. The bar staff are the rudest people I have met and you can tell they are talking about you when you leave.

13. The shop is EXTORTIONATE for gifts. I bought something out in the market for 5 but the EXACT same thing was 65 in the shop. Plus the lady is rude as hell.

14. If you want to change your towels you need to be quick as they dont have enough for everyone, every day.

15. The night time entertainment is pathetic, would be better to go to bed.

16. Now I know, I know you are not there to watch the TV but would it kill them to have more than one channel which only shows top gear? after dinner me and my GF do like to go to the room and chill out in front of the TV.

There is some other stuff but cant really recall now. To be honest I am not hard to please at all but I would def expect more from the reviews and the way Thomas Cook sold it. Do yourself a favour and book through Thomson as their couples holidays are next to none!!

Def go with the VIP depature lounge on your way out. Air cooled, loads of food and drink for free. Internet, TV and your own passport control so no queing. Most flights are delayed

Room Tip: High floor and sea view is a must
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank HSBC-PT
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your comment written on tripadvisor,we have take a note about your remarks
Hope welcoming you back to SENTIDO AZIZA and we do our best to satisfy you