“Just what was needed”

Ranked #11 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Just what was needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

First holiday for my wife and I in three years and as it was our silver wedding anniversary we wanted it to be perfect and this hotel did not let us down. The staff definitely made this hotel especially Tijani (Mr Bond) in the poolside restuarant and also the staff in the main restuarant and hotel bar fantastic. Met some lovely ladies from Glasgow who made us laugh from start to finish and would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a relaxing (No Children) time. Food was good, but as we were here for two weeks it did get a little repetitive, but there was always somthing to eat and drink. The only moan I have is please get your Wi-Fi sorted out, it is really bad, I would not even mind paying a couple of Dinars a week if it had a good connection and what is that tap in the bathroom all about, you can't get your face over the sink it sticks out that much.Once again thank you for a wonderful holiday and we hope to be back next year.

Room Tip: I know its all inclusive, but just tip the staff a couple of Dinars (10 Dinars is about £4) in the b...
2 Thank AndrewMyra25
Sentido H, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Guests;
thank you so much for your feedback posted on TripAdvisor. It is so great to read that you spend a wonderful time at our Hotel.Thank you for recommending The SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf &Spa

We are pleased welcoming you back again
SENTIDO Aziza Beach Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

There are lots of good points and a few whinges regarding Azziza Beach. The rooms are clean and kept clean with spacious bathrooms and plenty of storage, which is always a plus for us ladies. One issue with the room and this may not be an issue for you is that for an adult only hotel it has 2 single beds. We have all stayed in many hotels that have 2 singles creating a nice big king pushed together to make one bed but these are 2 individually made beds that although the bed frames are together the mattress don’t go so well and a crevices exists between you not very romantic lol.
The food is good quality, abundant, varied and delicious for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the International Restaurant was excellent. (we did not try the Tunisian) Our waiter Neurrodine (probably spelt wrong) was attentive and kept us watered and looked after us for the whole two weeks. The Pancake chef and speciality Meat Chef were also very accommodating.
However the bar service in the lobby is shocking, not because the waiter offers poor service but more to the fact he is often serving 80 people alone. The orders are consistently wrong and waiting times are long. My exasperated husband on many occasion tried, after a 15 minute wait for service, tried to order drinks at the bar and was refused service. We are not great drinkers but in my opinion the choices are awful. I do like to treat myself to a Pina Colada on holidays and end my evening with a Baileys but they served neither and drink portions sizes were small which sent you straight back to waiting for service and this standard of service was with tiping often. This was very tiresome as was signing for every drink you had despite being forced to wear a wrist band for the duration of your stay. In addition to this the entertainment that usually lasts 30mins is very poor and the programme repeats itself weekly. In-between you have a man playing a key board where you can enjoy renditions of Spanish Eyes, Quest Serra, Glen Miller and We’ll Meet Again type music. We are in our 40’s so hardly young but please! My son and his girlfriend who accompanied us, found it hilarious as we waited in hope for a tune that didn’t come from the Klaus Wunderlich or Richard Clayderman repertoires.
The spa is excellent and the sea water pool is well worth a visit. The in door pool was also a welcome alternative to the icy cold outdoor pool. The hotel really does need to get a grip on people reserving sun beds though. I don’t eat breakfast and was at the poolside by 8:30 and it was often hard to get a sun bed in desirable spot even at that time. (there weren’t many guest around but their towels were) the issue comes when there were some beds reserved before 8 in the morning , in prime locations, which did not get filled by guests until 4pm and that is just unfair. They should have a rule that if you get up early to reserve a bed, good on you, but if you don’t fill it with in an hour your towel should be removed to be fair to the guests who are actually going to use them. I would dread to think how difficult it is going to be when the hotel is full in the summer and personally I work all year I want a lie in not be committed to sun bed saving by 6am.
Other guests did complain about the limited drink choices at the pool bar which didn’t really bother us as long as we can have water but for those who care you could get white and red wine, water, coffee and larger in half pint glasses and it was real shame that the outdoor pool was simply too cold to enjoy but the entertainment team are fantastic and my son and husband enjoyed partaking in several games but the same programme is repeated 6 days a week with no variations at all. The constant need for tipping is also a real bore and we felt obligated (although you are not) to tip as you are constantly reminded of how low they get paid and how rich you must be.
On a Sunday the place is dead, no entertainment and the pub is closed. The best selling product in the shop is playing cards, get yourself some you will need them. We did also enjoy the Moorish coffee shop and the chap running that was lovely. Here you can enjoy the Shisha pipe and play draughts and chess. It was very hard to get onto the wifi but it was nice to get a break form the mundane so we weren’t too put out by that.
We went out a few times. We did the Sahara Explorer trip which is very good but does include a lot of travelling and 2 early mornings but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We also did the animal magic, and Carthage trips which were both very good. We used taxis to visit Nabuel, The Marina, old Medina and Fort and it is good advice to fix a price before you get in but can get to most places for around 10dn with is £4.
Although we had a great holiday I would not be in a hurry to visit Tunisia again. Please don’t get me wrong, I have no desire to find England replicated in other countries and we love to embrace other cultures but the Tunisian culture wasn’t for me. The men are highly inappropriate, touching and hassling you constantly and wearing a pair of shorts and a vest top I was made to feel like a tart by the women. There is obvious poverty and slums but there are areas all over the world like that but it is the rubbish. It is every where! We travelled the length and breadth of Tunisia and there are blue plastic bags stuck on every cactus, palm tree, fence and everywhere else. Rubble, burnt out cars, tyres and general rubbish on every corner. It is very hard to believe that a society that as fantastic ornate sculptures on their roundabouts for example have no means of refuse collection. Also things like horse and carriage rides are everywhere with skinny, malnutrition horses exhausted from carrying their own body weight standing in the sun without any water, let alone filling carriages with large families and pulling them along. I found this particularly disturbing.
My advice to you would be is that you have booked already you will have a great holiday and any holiday is what you make it but if you are just considering this hotel or Tunisia in general, keep looking.

3 Thank HelenT04
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your review written on tripadvisor,and for mentioning the negatives and th positives points
,about your remarks,they were transmitted to the concerned department.

It will be a pleasure to all of us welcoming you back.

Yours
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have just spent another 7 nights in the Sentido Aziza Beach Golf & Spa and it was fab. This is my second visit to this adult only hotel and I will be booking up again for next Easter. The hotel has excellent staff very friendly, helpful and they can't do enough for you. The hotel is spotlessly clean and my room was cleaned every day to a high standard. The food is good the lunch is probably the best but did get bit repetitive. Perfect holiday if you just want to relax day and night. The outdoor pool is very clean and you have the option to go to the indoor poor which is also spotless. The staff at the pool and pool bar are very attentive. Thank you for a great holiday again!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Sea view well worth the money.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hathor06
Sentido H, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your lovely review ,we are happy to know that you have spend a nice
time with us and it's your second visit and that you would like to come back.
many thanks again.
All the staff looking forward welcoming you back as soon as possible.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is a great hotel for relaxing and getting away from it all. The hotel is spotless and the staff are friendly and efficient. I didn't ever seem to have an empty glass! The quality if the food was unquestionable. I would love to go back to this hotel in the future. It is excellent.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Marlmf
Dear Guests,

Thank you very very much for your kind comments, we are glad to know that you have enjoyed your holiday in our Hotel and that you would like to come back again.

Until the next Time
The SENTIDO Aziza Beach Team
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Where to start?
A beautiful resort complimented by beautiful rooms. The staff could not do enough to please you (once they had been tipped of course) Everyone was extra friendly & helpful which is just what you need when your a young female couple in a foreign country! Now onto excursions, myself and my girlfriend went both Quad biking & Swimming with the dolphins - Both arranged through the hotel. Equally amazing experiences filled with memories I will never forget! However, Quad biking is not for the faint hearted, especially if it is two women participating - The men were very persistent and at times made me feel slightly uncomfortable, they had trouble understanding we only wanted to do this excursion once & not everyday for the rest of our holiday. On arrival we was also made to pay an extra 20Dinar each, of course this was a scam and our money was refunded by the hotel. All of this aside I would highly recommended it for all you adrenaline junkies. Moving on, Swimming with Dolphins was exactly how you would imagine it to be - Superb, a must do! Not only was we both fortunate enough to participate in these excursions we was also lucky enough to meet another couple similar to us - I am confident in saying these friendships will be for life. The whole holiday we were all inseparable, sun bathing together, eating together and laughing together, what more could you ask for? Finally, food and my favorite subject drink - The food was of a high standard but towards the end of the week it became a struggle to eat the same foods. A bit more variety would go along way. Alcohol couldn't be faulted, larger was refreshing as were the cocktails, measurements were very very strong but hey whose complaining? Now, to end on a warning or two - If you are a women aged between 20 - 30 years and have tattoos, good luck! My girlfriend was harassed all holiday because of her sleeve, at first it was bearable but towards the end it become very annoying and intolerable. Lastly, around the middle of the holiday I thought I would treat myself to a full body massage. (Not my best idea) The male masseuse paid far to much attention to certain areas of my body and made inappropriate remarks throughout, as if this wasn't bad enough he also over-run the massage by 30minutes! Anyway, overall a brilliant holiday and much needed break.

4 Thank AJT845
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing with us your impressions about our hotel. thank you for mentioning the negatives and the positives points, We are going to forward your critics and suggestions in order to improve the quality of our service .
we are looking forward to welcoming you back .

Best regards,
Your
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Looking for a 7 night getaway to chillout. We found this resort and it was prefect. The reception we received was excellent and the hotel itself was of a very high standard, It has everything you need to relax. 2 swimming pools, shop, bars, easy access to the beach. By far one of the most nicest and relaxing hotels I have stayed in.
The food was nice and plenty of choice and varied everyday. You do have to book early in the morning if you want to eat in the International Restaurant which is well worth doing. Overall a good hotel and friendly staff. The perfect getaway.

Room Tip: Get a pool view if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 701Ryan30
Sentido H, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guests;
Many Thanks for posting your lovely review on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at the SENTIDO Aziza Beach Hotel we are delighted to know that you spend a good time with us,many thanks again
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Best regards
,SENTIDO Aziza BeachTeam
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a fantastic week in April at the Aziza and will definitely return again in the future. The service was exceptional. Though special mention has to go to Ezzi our waiter who made our lunch-times a pleasure. He always made sure we had a great table and couldn't do enough for us. The food was great and our glasses were never empty. We would struggle to find any fault with this holiday. The Tunisians both inside and outside the resort are a friendly and happy people. I would recommend this holiday to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool/sea view.
1 Thank benbhoy67
Dear Guests,

Thank you very very much for your lovely comments, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us.thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor,and many many thanks for recommending our Hotel.

All the staff forward welcoming you back in your return
Your