“Don,t Knock It”

Ranked #50 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Ayr Scotland
“Don,t Knock It”
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Reading past reviews this place should be the PITS,Wrong this is a hotel i would go back to time and time again.We hade a great time food,staff everything was not a problem you get what you pay for THANK YOU REGENCY WE HAD A GREAT 2WEEKS AND WILL BE BACK SOON.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank paulandann1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2011

We didn't actually stay at this hotel - we were staying at the adjoining Phenicia Hotel (very good) st the time. But as the Regency was so close we decided to pop over - out of nostalgia more than anything else (we spent an enjoyable evening there as non-patrons a few years ago).

However the black-suited security guards at the gate entrance were most incensed that we should have the temerity to make this visit and - after aggressively interrogating my wife - warned us (both senior citizens) never to go back there again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank illuminer

Travellers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2010

This hotel should be a 2 star at the most,thats being genourus,food was diabolical, catered for the germans, french,definitely not the english.the barman who we called mario was rude obnoxious horrible man.there was nothing to do,tv only had 1 english news chanel to watch wich repeated itself over and over again.the beds and pillows were like sleeping on rocks i would never go there again,we have been to port el kantoui twice staying at the royal kenz this is a 4 star hotel. anyone going to stay at the regency in the future book somewhere else. the only reedeeming feature of the hotel is the pool. BE WARNED.NOT RECOMMENDED...

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Stayed at the Hammamet Regency for 7 nights the worse 7 nights I have spent anywhere. The staff especially the bar manager very very rude,we nickname him "super Mario" looks a little like him, the food terrible, and the area is outside the Yasmine Hammamet and Hammamet in the middle of no where so taxi's are a must. If you go all inclusive don't expect to get much, no local spirits, if you want any of these you have to pay. All in all a terrible place, the Wellness Centre should be called the Illness Centre, toilets and shower in there worse than pig sty, and you have to dodge live electric cables to get to them .... if you dare, oh yes and live mice in cupboard. Certainly a place to miss PLEASE PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS SO CALLED HOTEL.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sylviem51
Ibiza, Spain
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I spent a horrible holiday in Tunisia the worst of my life, I traveled with the company MARMARA, going to the hotel Hammamet REGENCY. I have found a country where we can not mimic about a country dictatorship. Marmara and Regency hotel gave me a room with a window does not close, the blow we stole all our money, and MARMARA HOTEL REGENCY HAMMAMET tell me they are not responsible. we change the room the same shoes we are open our bags and our clothes and paper on the ground the drugs inclusive, and I still have bad memories of Tunisia and political dictatorship.

I would advise you not to choose the group and the MARMARA REGENCY hotel Hammamet

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank david187460
cornwall
Reviewed 12 April 2010

I occasionally holiday on my own and am used to it, but I have never felt so unwelcome as I did at this hotel. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

When I entered the restaurant the head waiter, instead of giving me a small private table, he showed me to a long 'bench' surrounded by about ten empty places.
The hotel 'chefs' had obviously not heard about defrosting meat before cooking, because my meat was so tough it choked me, and I had to run to the gents.

This must have made the chef determined to get his revenge, because from then on he insisted that I always pay for wine in cash. When I complained to the reception they were rude and unhelpful.

From then on I just kept to cheese, bread, and a sweet course - all of it surprisingly un -imaginitive for Arab cuisine. What made it seem even more unwelcoming was the number of rude, greedy Germans who seemed to have commandeered the place.

The only good thing about the hotel was the garden, which was lush, green and cool.

The surrounding area was flat and uninteresting - just a sprawl of minimarkets and souvenir shops. I spent many hours in my room waiting for the time to go by.

Just before I left I asked for an itemised account of my additional expenses and they said 'Of course'. But when I looked, it was not itemised - just one number was shown; the total. I was too tired too argue, I just wanted to get away from that horrible place!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank peejayCornwall
Umea, Sweden
Reviewed 5 March 2010

I really liked this hotel! I went with my family (mom, dad, teenage brother), and we were placed in 2 separate rooms next to eachother.

The Rooms: The rooms are great! More than big enough, and at least those 2 rooms had a fabolous view to the pool area and garden. The bathroom is bigger than I expected, and the toilet is just fine. A very big closet was also placed there, with mirror doors. The only thing I missed there, was a refridgerator.

The Hotel Food: There is a very big area for sitting down and enjoying the breakfast/lunch/dinner served at the hotel. The food is good, and varied, but you should be careful about eating for example salad, because it may be a bit overheated from the weather.

The pool area is nice as well, though I was more interested in the beach; and the free sunbeds! The beach is absolutely lovely, and there's also a decent beach bar there which belongs to the hotel.

The hotel also has much activities for people in any age! Fakir shows, Belly dancer shows, Bingo, Dart contests, Water aerobics etc.

The only minus I experienced, which definitely made me a little releaved to get home, was the attention I got as a teenage girl with blue eyes. The staff was very nice and welcoming, and they do their very best to help you (great service!), but I got very sick of the flirting and staring I got from a lot of them. It's a bit unproffessional, and was way too intense. (Also, there's people trying to sell you adventure trips just about everywhere..)

All in all, I think anyone would love to stay at this hotel! It's a great place for relaxation and fun!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family