“"Im in Tunisia B****" Miss Phenicia already!!!”
Review of SENTIDO Phenicia

SENTIDO Phenicia
Ranked #8 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 22 August 2011

This was our 5th time to this lovely hotel and we were not disappointed. went with a friend, my 15 year old daughter and her two teenage daughters. I really cannot fault this hotel in any way. Lovely, clean surroundings, staff extra helpful, food delicious, on the beach location, and what can I say about the animation team??? They are just the friendliest, loveliest people you could ever meet. They made our holiday even better, special mention to Rio, Dido, Fifi, Nemo, and the guy that looks after the kids. We couldnt stop laughing! Not forgetting Riguta, the security guy, who I regard as an uncle, always smiling and waving as we go past. The only petty complaint I have is that the karaoke songs need to be updated as they are still using the books from 5 years ago. Also beware...one of the receptionists tried it on with my 15 year old by ringing our room, although she clearly was underage given the band on her wrist. Suffice to say, I was not impressed and had words with him. This was just one bad guy that could easily have tarnished the rest of them. Needless to say, we did not let this incident spoil the holiday for us. Tip...if you want to visit the medina, you could use public transport (bus) which costs less than 50p. Be prepared to be hassled at the medina, but a firm no always does the trick. Im already looking at prices for my next trip there! Yella, yella!!!!!! Shukran to all the staff and see you again!!!

4  Thank Jolie107
SENPHENICIA, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with tripadvisor members!
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for mentionning the behaviour
of one "guy" of the reception - it would be so helpful to us to get his name in order to act.
Our chief entertainer will be informed about your wish to update the karaoke.

We will be so pleased to welcome you again!

SENTIDO Phenicia Team

Write a ReviewReviews (6,423)

Reviewed 22 August 2011

The most amazing and memorable holiday i will ever have. Cannot fault a thing. the entertainment staff are out of this world and the hotel was a dream. Will defo be returning and didn't want to come home. Excelleant value for money!!! Just wish i didn't have to leave.

3  Thank cherub_69

Dear Guests ,

Thank you very much - we appreciated your nice comment.
Just come back to paradise - we are waiting for you...

Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel is excellent, Tunisian staff cannot do enough for you, very helpful, wide variety of food, choice of restaurants excellent, room maids very friendly & helpful (limited English though), activities excellent, evening entertainment good but could do with talent shows/professional entertainers etc, pools excellent, sun bed facilities excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the main pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank maidinkent58

Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for your nice comment.

Just come back - it will be a pleasure for all the staff to welcome you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 August 2011

This holiday was good for every age group. Me and my mum went here looking for it to be relaxing in the day, and have things to do in the evening. The beach was lovely, very picturesque and you got a lovely breeze throughout the whole day. The food was excellent and the waiters were on the ball! I have to say that I was very pleased to meet the entertainment team; Bebo, Rio, Fi Fi and the rest of the gang! They got you going and were very polite. If you go to this hotel I recommend you go to the Dragon Restaurant that is inside the hotel and also to the Beach party that is on every friday! Also if you get a chance, organise to go on the pirate ship, its a fun day out! But book it within the hotel. You will not be disappointed and we WILL be back next year.

2  Thank CKZ123

Dear Guests ,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

It would be a pleasure for all of us to welcome you again next year!

Reviewed 17 August 2011

We are a group of four friends and have just returned from two weeks at The Phenicia. It was our first time to Tunisia and after visiting the Caribbean the last few years were not really sure how this would compare. We were also a little concerned after the political situation/ safety in the country and some of the negative comments made. PLEASE do not let this put you off! I work in the hospitality industry myself and we have all been so pleasantly surprised and really have had the best holiday ever!

The flight time is just 3 hours from London with the hotel around 30-40 minutes from Enfidha, the journey itself was completely hassle free. It was great getting off the plane feeling as if you were in the Caribbean without the 11 hour flight and time difference! The weather is faultless and for all you sun lovers you will get the best tan!

The hotel itself is well landscaped with very clean public areas, gorgeous pools and beach. We were very impressed with the food choice available at breakfast, lunch and dinner. We didn't eat in the speciality restaurants as the buffet choices were great. We found having the same table at dinner very convenient and got to know our waiter Kilani so well that he had our drinks ready for us each night as we arrived at our table!

The best thing about the hotel is the entertainment team, they have so much energy and are so friendly - they literally made our holiday! We do not usually get too involved with the activities run at hotels too much however this holiday it was completely different. There are so many activities available to get involved in as well as group dances and games which were such fun! The evening 'Showtimes' are also varied each night and really are entertaining, especially the Mr Phenicia show! We hope Maria provided everyone with plenty of entertainment! Thank you so much to the gorgeous Fi Fi and Nemo, Bebo, Rio, Mo Mo, Dido, Shaggy, Didi, Hamdi and of course the 1 and only Yalla Yalla - you constantly had us laughing! Because everyone got so involved it meant you met lots of other people and we made some great friends whilst we were there and hope to see them all again for another holiday!

We will definitely be returning very soon!! We miss you Phenicia!!

Love Antonetta, Sophia, Mark and Father of the Head aka Maria from Japan!

Room Tip: Change up money as and when you need it, we didn't find we needed a lot at all!
6  Thank adevivo
SENPHENICIA, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with tripadvisor members!
We are happy that you enjoyed your holiday.
All the staff - especially the animation team - is looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Ok let's set the record straight here.....I read a few (only a few!) poor reviews before going to this lovely hotel & I was concerned to the point of trying to swap! How glad I am that I didn't! Truly this hotel is fantastic. I am a bit of a snob as a rule about group/team things on holiday, but having booked this holiday with my daughter decided to completely 'throw myself into it'! I haven't had this much fun on holiday ever! All of the good reviews on here mention the Animation team & rightly so! These young people work tirelessly to make your holiday good fun! Also, the people that I met were a wonderful mix of English, German, French, Swiss etc all just there to have a lovely holiday. No one was pushy or sneaking down for sunbeds at 6am! It was all very civilised & well mannered amongst the guests.
This hotel has the luxury of 2 pools at which you can either relax or join in the fun. I did aqua aerobics every day & chilled at the quiet pool when I wanted to relax. Or the beach which is very clean, with a beach bar. Lunch at the beach too is thoroughly recommended. People on here have moaned about flies, but most food is covered & hey....you are in Tunisia! It gets hot!
I met people on this holiday that return year after year. I can see why. I would do the same if not for the fact I only get one holiday & like to try different things/places. Tunisia was a beautiful surprise. Better than Turkey!
The staff at this hotel will fall over themselves to serve you & make your holiday enjoyable. A small tip helps a bit (they aren't well paid!). And I have to confess to a few bigger tips when leaving! Rio you are a star! Trust me, fellow Trip Advisor reader you will meet this young man! He & the rest of the team work very hard! The waiters/hotel staff are charming too.
You WILL enjoy this holiday! I did. Am glum at home already!

6  Thank Clare50_11

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with tripadvisor members!
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2011

What can I say about the Phenicia. After the usual frustrations associated with air travel I arrived at the Phenicia. The reception staff handed me a form and a pen and asked me to complete. The form was not too difficult to complete. The reception worker then allocated me a room and told me it was down the stairs and across the yard. I took the descriptions together with my family and on going down the stairs I could not see any hotel rooms. Maybe a map or more signs indicating where the rooms are would have assisted. Breakfast is served in a large area kept clean by hard working staff. Maybe orange juice would have been a welcomed addition to the menu.
The pool area is complimented by several umbrellas and deck chairs. A few more chairs would have been a bonus. Again the staff worked well to keep this area clean. Dirty plates were rapidly removed. The beach area is well supported by two hard working deck chair attendants. These attendants prevent unwanted traders from antagonizing the holiday makers. Along the beach there are several water sports sites for the energetic. Lunch is served at two locations and the rule of all persons having to wear a shirt was well observed. Again there was more than enough choice for food. The animation staff worked hard throughout my stay, with the volleyball providing a very competitive morning and afternoon session. The evening shows consisted of people miming to songs and a lack of imagination. Maybe a new musical director is required. Be aware that the theatre can get a bit cool. There is a need to have this room very cold at times and may require a cardigan at times.
If there is a negative to this hotel it is the bird faeces that proliferates the window sills outside the reception area at the top of the stairs. There is no reason why this has not been removed. Birds nests are situated above however the birds have left. The queuing at the bar on occasions cannot be deemed as good practice. Also the drinks service at the beach restaurant at lunchtime was somewhat tardy.
There is a gym at the hotel. I cannot believe that this sort of hotel would chage to use the gym. Total madness, and maybe they should change this feature.
Another moan was the beach towel woman. 20 Dinar deposit is required per towel and they are changed every 3 days. Heaven forbid should you try and change your towel without a receipt. This is a no no.
The evening meal is served in a large restaurant where one is allocated a table for ones stay. Again the waiter was excellent and the food provided was of a desirable standard. Try the Chinese restaurant. There was something for everyone.
If you ask me if I would go back to this hotel I would say yes. The staff were great and the easy relaxed atmosphere was great. With a few minor improvements this hotel would get a very good from me.

Room Tip: A very relaxing place.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
SENPHENICIA, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2011

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for writing your comment - also for mentioning the issues.
We will take into consideration all your comments as it helps us to improve our facilities and services now and in the future.
Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back