“Mira, Robin and Tata, my Tunisian Family!! 5* Animation Team!!”
Review of SENTIDO Phenicia

SENTIDO Phenicia
Ranked #3 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Mira, Robin and Tata, my Tunisian Family!! 5* Animation Team!!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We first stayed at the Sentido Phenicia in July and enjoyed it so much that after 1 day back in England, decided we needed to go back!! On arrival we were greeted by staff who all recognised us and made us feel completely at home. Our room was upgraded to an apartment and we were treated like royalty.

The animation team are unbelievable! They always put a 110% into everything they do and are by far the hotels most valuable employees!! I would like to say a special thank you to Mira, Robin and Tata who made our stay extra special, wish I could bring you back to England with me!!

Already looking to come back for the New Year!! Three Visits in one year!! Would you really return to a hotel if it was not 100%. Ignore all the negative feedback, they must have stayed at another hotel!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ashley D
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your kind comment about your recent stay with us on TripAvisor.

We are pleased to read that our entire team was able to manage your expectations and you had another wonderful holiday with us. Your special thanks will be forwarded to Mira, Robin and Tata. Just come back for New Year and feel at home with us.

The SENTIDO Phenicia Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (866)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
stockport
Reviewed 5 October 2013

just returned back from phenicia Visit started on 18/9/13 till 2/10/13 stopped in room 3098 some view from this room at front of hotel.I soon as my wife and I was treated like royals by the same faces, my feeling about this hotel does never change. From all the staff u are made to feel wonderful about your stay and that have made the right choice stopping there, I am always surprised by the bad reviews made about this hotel. We have been informed by people at the hotel that before the start of next season a lot of 2/3 floor rooms are going to be made into superior rooms, just as a added note I have already booked my return for early 2014. ps my many thanks to all the staff @the Phenicia see next year

Room Tip: next season rooms on2/3 floors are going to be made into superior rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank plgb95
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your recent holiday with us on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to read that our team exceeded your expectations again and you had a wonderful 4th holiday with us.

Thank you for mentioning so many positive elements about the SENTIDO Phenicia Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to SENTIDO Phenicia Hotel next year -
please feel at home.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

it's rearly a very nice hotel,i've bean in meny hotels 5 stars in hammamet but this time i was rearly surprised about this amazing hotel with grate staff and wenderful food and very good service where ever you go in the hotel you are very well traited and looked after .the annimation team is so nice and so good.i think i'll never go to an ather hotel after being satisfaied in this hotel and i advase people to visit it.

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank habib b
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read that our team was able to manage your expectations and you had a wonderful holiday with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to SENTIDO Phenicia Hotel.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Just returned from a wonderful 7days at the phenicia ignore the negative reviews all the staff where wonderful and helpful our room although a little tired was kept very clean by our maid the sea view was stunning from our balcony the food and drink where 100 per cent and animation team worked tirelessly to entertain people thanks again to everyone at the phenicia

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with sea view
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 727Albetty
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your holiday - experience from your recent stay with uson Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues.
Thank you again - we are looking forward welcoming you back.

dundee
Reviewed 4 October 2013

2nd time here this year and this time was better. The beach restaurant provided a fantastic lunch even with the flys added. The room was exactly below the one I had last time so again suited us. The decor is fine for the amount of time spent in the room.the shower is really strong and hot too. Needed the air on this time too and it worked a treat. Evening meal times have changed since June and like people have said are a bit manic.... . The evening entertainment area is a bit hit and miss....having to queue for drinks for at least 15 mins and them running out of glasses was a bit unexpected.... Also a lot more specialised treatment too.....
The animation team had some new recruits and this seemed to make things better....Aldo had returned and gives the ladies something nice to look at a swell as being a fantastic dancer. shaggy keeps everyone in tow whilst playing water polo- he's a polite guy who has so many stories to tell, a complete cheeky chap who loves to have fun...choooooo chooooooo. Bebo- sports chief, someone who has a great sense of humour and crazy hair. Mira- fantastic dancer even when she's not well and so chirpy . Billy, rio, Aladdin, and kimo were all great too.....but my biggest shock was Dali, his english is so improved from June. He's obviously been working really hard. He's still my favourite! And last but not least amine....... Nae bother , - still doesn't grasp that us Scottish people do not all talk the same....hahahahah.

the rep Helen also did a brilliant job.
On the last day we weren't getting picked up till 10.30pm but the hotel provided us with a room to shower in which was good. The location of the hotel is pretty much central and we walked freely from the bar outside the hotel to Latinos etc....
Overall a decent hotel , great people and even a little bit of a sun tan.
Already looking at next year. Would def recommend this time of year compared to the other times I've been.

Room Tip: Def pay for the sea view...much nicer room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your second holiday - experience with us on Tripadvisor.
Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy - especially due to the animation team and the services provided. As you mentioned - we are still fully booked - therefore we have still two sittings in the Main Restaurant. We noticed our guests are taking 4 glasses or more at one time - this makes the glasses running out. We are asking our guests now by a written notice to stop taking more than two glasses at the same time...We hope, it works. If you are coming back at the beginning of October next year the flies have nearly completely disappeared.

We are looking forward welcoming you back.

St Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Ok, so we’ll start at the start. The only time you’ll be queuing longer than at passport control at arrivals is at the cash exchange on departure! Be prepared to be patient as nothing is done in a rush but none of that has anything to do with the hotel however most people book as a package deal so it’s a good thing to know about!
First impressions of the hotel are good, lovely reception area with a welcome drink waiting for you and we got taken on a tour around the facility which was nice, a bit like your first day at school but was a nice gesture all the same. We travelled for our wedding anniversary so were not overly impressed to have a room with twin beds! We expressed this at reception and although the reception said they were fully booked they endeavoured to find us a double which was perfect. Some on here have mentioned tired looking corridors and such and I’m afraid its true, if you want to spend your holiday in the corridor, this isn’t the place for you!!! But you don’t, so you’ll be fine! The rooms might have everything you need, lovely shower, couple of movie channels, a safe (3dn p/d), and are cleaned to perfection. Our room was looked after by Bakey who did such a good job and always left his little trademark decoration with my daughter’s toy puppy which is a lovely personal touch.
The pools are great, tested and kept beautifully. There is a quiet pool and then the big one outside. We spent most of the time by the wading pool (1.5m at deepest) for our daughter and she loved it, it was virtually impossible to get her out!
Also by the poolside was the kiddy’s area. Tata and Mira were great with our daughter, she’d play with the tourtises, color, play, the lot and they are fantastic at their job. The park need a little tlc, but its there at least, a little something its better than a lot of nothing.
Also on offer of course was the beach, with loungers right up to the sea, although you have to pay for the front row. The sea is a lovely temperature and if you’re on all inclusive then anything without an engine is free so we went kayaking which was lovely. The only down sides are the camel poop and the cigarette butts.
Past that the only thing left is the food, which is great. It’s a buffet, so its always going to be same-samey, but its still very nice. There is plenty to pick from through-out the day, breakfast effectively from 6am-lunch, then lunch either in the dining room or the beach bbq which were both stunning, then your dinner at the time you pick it. This takes me to my first of only 3 negative points. Choosing what time you’d like your evening meal at for the next 7 nights isn’t easy, especially with a child so being limited to eating between 6.30-7.30 is a little inflexible, and of course any later wont work with a young’un. I would like to be able to go when I choose and when we went at 7.20 on our first night we were told we had only 10 mins to eat as they had to be ready for the next sitting. A little military like and I appreciate that the dining room can only cater for 50% of the guests at any given time, but then surely there has to be an investment to adjust that?
My second gripe is tipping, it could be as it’s not part of our custom that I felt a little un-easy with it. My problem with it really is that I like to tip when I feel I receive good service, not in order to get good service. It seemed that if you wanted things done fast or nicely, a couple of dinar was going to be the only thing that could get it done, ie, getting sunbed mattresses, drinks etc. It’s a bit of a shame as I’d sooner reward those who excel rather than pay again for something I’ve already paid for! Everyday I went to eat I’d be standing like a lemon waiting on a high chair for my daughter and would have to ask a few times before anything materialised, yet a had a distinct feeling a few dn would make one appear in a heartbeat. In the end I worked out I’d be best off fetching my own each day and cracked on that way!
The last down side is the smoking, again, nothing major just a little gripe. It is impossible to get away from smokers! On an evening we like to sit out after dinner with our daughter sleeping in her push chair, obviously due to the noise we avoid the reception area or bars, but all outdoor seating is smoking, so there was no where to go. I would have thought a no smoking bar might have worked perhaps, but then for all I know the hotel might have tried it and it might have flopped! It just seemed there was no where we could sit on an evening without being within meters of a smoker. With smoking also comes fag butts, our daughter dug up a few on the beach which is not nice at all. That really annoys me, not on the hotel’s behalf as you cant expect them to clean the beach with a tooth comb, but that there are smokers who are really that selfish! Again, I feel if there was a no smoking area we could have opted to make base there and wouldn’t have any worry over it.
That is plenty about the downsides. This place is fantastic, the facility really is great but what really makes it is the staff. I think the animation team get a lot of the credit as they get a lot closer to the guests, and they are fantastic, as I mentioned, Mira and Tata especially for us. But there are many faces behind the scenes that made our holiday great, the pancake man who I want to employ from 7.00-7.05am every day if he is available, Bakey, the receptionists and every member of staff, they really are superb and always seem to have a smile, which is great!
Another great upside is the location, 10dn (including tip) will take you up to the Medina or down to the marina in a taxi within 10 minutes. Its safe out and about and while folk will ask you to buy this and that and will claim they served you the night before (they’ve either clocked your all inclusive band or asked your taxi driver where you came from), a firm no will set you free!
We had a fantastic holiday and made lots of lovely friends and long lasting memories!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Luke-n-LauraB
Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your review from your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.
Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have taken note of the downsides you kindly mentioned as well - they will be subject of our next meeting. Please feel free to tip - we agree with you - excellent service first....
We are more than delighted to know you had a fantastic holiday with long lasting memories.
Just come back - we would be so happy welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

This has been a fun filled holiday, and made so special by the animation team, they got me to join in with things that I would not normally do, felt so relaxed, the whole animation team were brilliant but I formed a close bond with one called Mario he was a star, and the team supervisor was one hell of a guy, we plan to book and go back next year, all the staff were excellent, but the animation team made it for me. By a brother from another mother.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted reading you had a fantastic stay with us - espacially made by our animation team. Thank you again!

We would be pleased welcoming you back very soon.