“Might be nice when the renovation is finished”
Review of SENTIDO Phenicia

SENTIDO Phenicia
Ranked #1 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Might be nice when the renovation is finished”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Had to change room patio doors didn't lock & modernisation going on, second room facing pool much better but patio doors difficult to open & heating didn't work which is needed in winter. Animation team great especially Brendi & I forget his name but he does the archery, food is good,bar & restaurant staff excellent can't say the same for the drinks, but the baths have been painted & are very slippy, there are only three toilets down stairs which tend to block up at night so you need to go back & forwards to your room I think I'll stop now incase I put you off

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brenda A
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at the SENTIDO Phenicia.

We would like to thank you for your constructive feedback with regards to the room experience.
Please be assured that your valuable comments are positively taken on board and will be shared with our housekeeper to start immediate corrective action. We didn’t however understand the “painted baths” and which toilets tend to block up at night? There are several toilets in the main building – please send us details per email if possible – thank you.
Concerning the refurbishment all guests have been informed by their touroperator and it will be an improvement.

Best regards – we would like welcoming you back to expierence the new rooms.

The SENTIDO Phenicia Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have just returned from one week at the Phenicia. The best asset to this hotel are the staff, ALL of them!! On arrival we were shown to a room which was very shabby but after speaking to reception we were given a refurbished room without being made to feel we were complainers. The refurbished room was very nice, clean with plenty of storage. We always had hot water for showers which were welcome as the weather was chilly. There was always a good selection of food for every meal. As it is off season and rainy some of the bars weren't open but there was always someone to serve you somewhere. The gardens and beach were very nice. We walked along the beach in both directions to old Hammamet and Yasmine Hammamet. We think the Phenicia was in one of the best positions. We visited the Chinese restaurant on our last night paying a supplement to our all inclusive. It was well worth it the food was very good and of course excellent service.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room. Although soon all will be modernised I am sure as they are working on th...
1 Thank csr1
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for expressing your kind compliments about your recent stay with us.

We have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy learning you enjoyed the service and the facilities offered.

Once again, thank you very much.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return.

Best regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Before I start I just want to point out I just got back from this holiday (5th March - 12th March).

As far as the facilities and services go, the Phenicia offers adequate rooms and food. Not the best but certainly not what I would consider poor. There are a lot of things to do (some of which I have never done before, for example Horse Riding and Archery).

The main source of my enjoyment was the animation team. They were always friendly and had a smile on their faces. The two who I talked most to were Emilie and Amine (Archery) but Tata and Marou at the beach were also fun, and of course Mario and the rest of the team.

However as a reasonably young person I was hoping the club at night would be more lively for longer. Emilie was insistent I dance but by the time I was comfortable to, the team were off to bed and the place was emptied. (I can understand though as they are really active all day) and then there was nothing to do (11pm onwards).

They were so active in fact that I couldn't really keep track on where everyone and everything was, on the last day I couldn't really find many to say goodbye to. As a favour I would like to ask if you could say goodbye to Emilie for me, just tell her Adam the lazy boy says thanks for a great holiday and good luck on the team.

It's a shoooooowtiiiimaa :) (Boss Amine is the most quotable person I have ever met).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AdamW2489
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest(s),

We would like to thank you – we are delighted reading your main source of enjoyment has been the animation team. We are happy forwarding your goodbye as well as your kind compliments.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome. The hotel itself is lovely; great buildings, grounds and beach. Our room wasn't one of the newly decorated ones but it was fine with a great view. As with the rest of the hotel it was spotless. As we went out of season some of the outside bars and restaurants weren't open but the main restaurants and bars were superb. the quality and choice of food was fantastic. we don't have children but the animation team were excellent at entertaining them as well as the adults.

Apart from being one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at the main positive of the place were the staff. Reception, porters, gardeners, cleaners and waiters all were extremely friendly and courteous.

We cant wait until we can go back, hopefully in July, to see the place again. this time newly spruced up, fully open and hopefully with sun!

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind compliments about your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the service and facilities provided. Your comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated - thank you again.

We are looking forward welcoming you back on your return during summer – when we’ll have sunny wheather and all the bars will be open.

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Booked this hotel as a last minute all inc holiday with my partner and did not regret this choice for even a second. Hotel and rooms were always clean and tidy, with fresh towels daily. English is obviously not the first language, however all of the staff knew much better English than I knew Arabic or French! I also noticed that many of the staff were more or less fluent in German aswell. All 3 restaurants could not be faulted; selection of food, friendliness of staff and atmosphere were second to none. My partner is a Coeliac and I don't think she has ever been catered for so generously, even in the UK. Each day the floor manager would show us round and advise on the food we could/ could not eat. (I hear they do the same for anybody with any allergy to food). Our second night was our anniversary and they decorated our table with flowers and made us a gluten free cake (delicious). Could not have been spoilt anymore.
As for the Animation team, they know when to leave you alone for a quiet drink and when you are looking to get involved. We joined in with several activities and I cannot recommend Archery enough (cheers Amine). I would say thanks to all the staff individually but cannot remember everyones' names!
I cannot believe this is not a 5* hotel already, but can see why it is rated so highly on Tripadvisor. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about the SENTIDO Phenicia on
Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed entirely your recent stay with us.
Your comments with regards to the service and facilities at the hotel are greatly appreciated.

It was pleasure to have you staying with us - we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Louth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

This is the third time we have been to this hotel.
It was as good as the first time and we will be returning again.
The staff make it, there are far to many to mention by name.
They are all fab. They remembered us and made us feel special.
We had a nice room looking over the pool. The food was lovely plenty to choose from.
We joined in a lot of activities in the daytime. There is plenty for everybody,from dance, aqua, archery, yoga, boules, darts and many more. The animation team are so good. There are so many of them. Amin(Boss ) Aladdin, Billy, Marou, Dali, Petito, Shaggy, Amine, Mira, Tina,Emelie hopefully I haven't missed anybody. Mario made me laugh so much. Bebo was great he has been there every time we have been he's a great mover with his tap shoes on. They are all so talented putting on great shows in the evening.
The hotel was very popular for golfers with a shuttle bus to the golf course.
I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank julie t
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much - we will share your kind comments with our team. We are sure that this excellent feedback will serve as an additional encouragement to our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are delighted welcoming you back - to your 4th stay with us.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

After complaining and having to change rooms and then finding the builders waking us up every morning our holiday was looking to be a disappointment, and no matter how much you drink you will never get drunk. all the service staff were very attentive and kept an eye out ready for when you needed a refill...just a nod to them and they remembered our order.
Once we got over the shock of the room changing because the first room was way to small for 3 people (2 adults and 1child) and a poor view as the gardens need attention, we got out and about and it don't take long to meet the animation team, tina come and welcomed us to the hotel and made friends with my daughter introducing her to mira who taught her the hotel dances so she could join in. i asked tina about the archery and she introduced amine to us who got us hitting good scores in no time, and also spent time talking to us each day as did aladdin and pepito who taught me to sort of moonwalk and always had time to say hello and chat even on his day off. i went for my 50th birthday and all the guys come over and wished me happy birthday and had time for us whenever we bumped into them, shaggy, bibo, billy, marou amine the boss and dj boys, not forgetting mario who kicked my butt at table tennis.
thanks to all the team for making our holiday and i hope i can make it back before aladdin leaves to see you all again.
and thanks to tracy from thompson who got us tea facilities in our room and also my birthday cake

Room Tip: get a sea view over the outdoor pool
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much sharing your holiday experience with us on TripAdvisor.
Luckily your holiday has been saved by our animation team – we are sorry, if you have been disturbed by the refurbishing work. Please be advised local alcool may be not so strong as at home – therefore you never got drunk…

We would be pleased welcoming you back in the nearest future.