“excellent holiday!”

Ranked #2 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Coventry, United Kingdom
“excellent holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just back from a return trip to the phenicia in Hammamet and had a great time.
I have already written a review on this hotel a while back, so won't go into too much detail, only to confirm that you will have a great time here.

As I mentioned before, this hotel is situated on a beautiful white sand beach, surrounded by well kept gardens, and fantastic pools. (One of which has a rock formation built into it with a waterfall and a pool bar on top!) Thats the place to be if you want to party through the day, however, there's also the quiet pool, half indoor and half outdoor, with a grass area and loungers to relax on should you wish the more chilled holiday. Or.... head to the beach! With plenty of loungers and thatched parasols, you won't be disappointed.

The staff at this hotel are fabulous, and very friendly, nothing is too much trouble, and they are always happy to help, from the reception staff, right through to the staff who clean your room. There is also a great animation team who will put on a show every night, and entertain you with activities throughout the day. They are not pushy or too much, so if you'd rather just chill, thats fine too.

I found the food to be excellent, with a choice of restaurants, or beach barbecue, you wont go hungry. In the main restaurant, you will be allocated a table, and that will be yours for the duration of your stay. So there's no need to rush to get a seat, they also split the main evening meal into 2 sittings, early and late, so its not crowded either. With a fine selection of food to suit even the most fussiest of eaters, you won't be disappointed.

You can exchange your sterling at reception, only change a little at a time though, as you can only change it back at the airport. Theres also free wifi for the duration of your stay.

The hotel also has a Spa, with massage treatments, and baths, this doesn't come under your fully inclusive package, but its very reasonable, and also fantastic!

whatever type of holiday you're thinking of, this hotel will cater for you, fun, chilled, adventurous, you will find it all here. Its easy to see why people come back as often as they do, as I'm turning into one of them!

Enjoy and have a fantastic stay!

Room Tip: Only 3 floors spread out over a wide complex. The view from the front or rear is nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank richard b
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you so much - we are deeply touched by your comment - and so happy we could exceed all your expectations during your holiday.

We would be more than pleased welcoming you back - to provide you another excellent holiday.

The SENTIDO Phenicia Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner came here 28th may for 10 days it was bloody amazing the animation team were brill they were so good to us made us laugh and made our whole holiday all of the staff were brilliant :) we cant wait to book in September to come next year with family aswell :) food was lovely had a nice clean room everything about the hotel staff and everything was amazing I would defo recommend this place to anyone nd I cant wait to bring my family here next may nd cant wait to see everyone again :) xx

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jadeyyyy
Dear Guests,

thank you very much - we are delighted learning we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you as well recommending the SENTIDO Phenicia Hotel.

We are pleased looking forward welcoming you back next year in May with your family.

South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

What a fantastic holiday, could not fault the whole week. Thanks to the hotel staff and the animation team for making me and my family feel so welcome. Marou and Emily thank you to you both for making this holiday one I will never forget, never laughed so much in one week. Met some amazing people, I cant wait to come back to make more memories.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stacey m
Dear Guest,

we are very pleased learning you spent a memorable holiday with us - espacially due to the
hotel staff and the animation team.

We are looking forward welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Port Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Hi, just returned to sunny Glasgow today lol from our lovely chill out week at Phenicia, hopefully my following hints and tips will help you, Our flight was at 4.30am last Sunday morning at Glasgow airport with Thomas Cook, everything went very smoothly, the only negative thing in my opinion is the lack of space on the airplane, I felt as if everyone was squeezed in like sardines, the saving grace was that the flight was only 3hrs.

Phenicia is the first drop off from the airport, this only took about 35 minutes, on arrival at the spacious reception we were greeted with refreshments,it was a smooth check in, our room was 2088, the refurbished rooms are lovely, we were above reception and the view was quite nice, the rooms are very spacious, we had a king size and a single bed in our room, there is a full size bath with an overhead shower it was lovely just being able to jump in a nice hot bath after sunbathing all day mmmm. It will cost you 3 dina per day for the bedroom safe, beach towels can be purchased from the shop at a cost of 20 dina (refundable deposit) you can change them twice per week,

Breakfast is from 6am until 9.30 this is based in the breakfast room, there were lots to choose from, then there was snack time from 10am to 12pm the pastries and cakes are to die for, lunch was in the main dining hall which was pretty big,this was from 12pm to 2pm, there are 2 serving areas to make the process as smooth as possible, there is something for everyone to eat (no matter how fussy you are) there is also a barbecue restaurant at the beech, same again has plenty to choose from, this is followed by snack time from 2pm to 4pm. Evening meals are in the main restaurant there are 2 sittings, you have to decide whether you want to eat from 6.30 to 7.30 pm or 8 till 9 and you have to stick to the same time every night as you are allocated a specific table for your lunch and dinner, the waiters are so nice they can't do enough for you, there is also a Chinese restaurant that you pay for, it is a four course meal that was lovely for only 20 Dina each which is only £8 per person, this was a very calming environment compared to the dining room (well worth it).
There are plenty of seating areas to sit at night time, depending on what you want to do, you have the main reception area seats that are quite comfy, the bar area, balcony area, the smoking room has very comfy seats and a very chilled out look and feel to it, this is a paying bar as it has named brands of alcohol, you can sit in this bar with drinks from other parts of the hotel, we don't smoke but used to end up in here each night to chill, there is also the entertainment hall where the entertainment team do their best to entertain the guests ( not my cup of tea). The prices in the shop are fixed prices, not too bad compared to the marina or medina, I was very impressed with the beauty treatment area next to the shop at the indoor swimming pool, we went for the Turkish bath (very hot) and then into the cold pool for a swim (fairly woke you up lol) then had a full body massage which was amazing (girls and guy were great), this cost about 100 dina (less than £20 each) you are getting about 2.7 dina for £1. We weren't sure about tipping, so just gave a couple of dina to bar staff, waiters, porters, cleaners etc every other day. Overall our experience was very good, you can't beat having sun,a nice hotel, good food and a lovely beach with only a 3 hour trip away that doesn't break the bank, I hope this helps you make your decision a wee bit easier, and would like to thank all of the staff for making our stay memorable, maybe see you next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Dankel_13
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guests,

thank you very much sharing your detailed feedback with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted reading you had relaxing holidays, enjoyed the facilities on offer as well as the service.
We would be more than pleased welcoming you back next year - for another even better chill out holiday.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Have just got back from a fun packed week at this resort. I travelled with my friend and neither of just revisit places however we enjoyed this resort so much so that we have already booked to go back in August.
The gem of the resort is the animations team, all of which contributed to a fab holiday in some way shape or form. There is so much to do during the day, but you will not be pestered if you don't want to join in just say no and they will leave you alone. The evening entertainment is also provided by the animations team, they clearly work very hard on their acts all of which are special in there own way. The comedy evening on the Wednesday was by far my favourite though, esp when you knew the animations team.
Club dancer was the highlight of the day, once before lunch and then again as the children's mini disco finished and the evenings entertainment starts. Then just for good measure once more at the end of the evening entertainment. I can not praise the animations team enough for making our holiday so special. But this also goes for all the other staff in the hotel, the waiters, cleaners and front desk staff are all always happy to see you and help you in what ever way they can.
Overall a fantastic holiday and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the new furnished rooms, no view but lovely and quite in the evenings.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ely20021
Dear Guests,

thank you very much - we are pleased learning we exceeded your expectations.

Please feel welcome back in August - in just a couple of weeks.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back after a lovely week. Weather ok got great after a few days however was chilly at night. The hotel was lovely room was great clean room number 2091. Overlooking the front of the hotel. Bar staff would keep you topped up with drinks at one point we had 15 drinks on the table he kept them coming without even asking. Pool area was nice but the music was rubbish around the pool that why we stayed around the beach this was much better even tho you do get bugged by the sellers but you know that's going to happen in Tunisia. The boat sellers the man who walked around in the hat all in white. At first his was nice we chatted about the football shirt I was wearing. Then he tired selling me a boat trip told him I was not great on water but we would think about later in the week. Every day this man hassled me for money to go on the boat. I needed to pop to my room one morning thought I would walk around the other side of the pool just because I thought not today mate can't be bothered with him. Well this man yelled abuse at me from the other side of the pool"why you not walking passed me you come give me money for the trip" then more abuse am sure in Tunisian. Of course I confronted him. Before long he was screaming at me about money. I just had to walk away before I lost my cool with him. I never made a complaint but I was so angry about him what was the point. After chatting to a couple in the bar they said they new of a few people unhappy with him. Anyway an hour later this man comes to find me on the beach to try and make some kind of peace I told him to leave me alone and go away. He did thank god after this he never bothered me again. So great hotel lovely food lunch BBQ was excellent. Bars staff were great waiters and the beach sunbed man was excellent he keeps on your things. Would of given 10/10 if not for the boat man fool. So 7/10 for me

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ant P
Dear Guests,

Thank you sharing your detailed feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We have immediately been in touch with the boat trip man – he said, you booked a boat trip with him and then he asked to be payed. If you felt hasseled we apologize – please let us know in the future if something is not to your liking – to act and interfere on the spot. Please be advised on this occasion the boat man is not part of the hotel staff.

We are delighted you wrote so many positives about the facilities and the service – please feel welcome anytime.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had the best holiday of my life at the sentido phenicia. Upon our late arrival the kitchen had remained open awaiting our arrival with food ready and waiting, all fresh. the hotel was incredible and the staff so friendly. no matter what you needed, they were there to help and be of service. However the best part of my holiday had to be meeting the animations team particularly Emily. Emily is in charge of loads of different activities and was always there encouraging us to try new things. Aqua aerobics in particular is a must. Even for a guy. its so much fun, its a workout and its the best way to socialize with other guests as you become very close and friendly with each other, believe me ;). I have to say Emily made sure it was fun, entertaining and hilarious. 30 minutes was not long enough. I thank her for that. This would then be followed by volleyball, which was amazing. the sand was soft making acrobatic diving for the ball a must and obviously very competitive. All the team though are great fun and love to have a laugh which makes your holiday that bit more special. Truly you must go on holiday here. i know i am already planning on going back next year. A reunion with the team and the amazing people I met once I was out there. Thank you Sentido Phenicia and thank you emily. to finish off, you have to come here, you will not leave dissapointed and a massive shoutout to the honorary all star "69" ers. you know who you are.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Finn R
Dear Guest,

if we succeeded in providing you the best holiday of your life then we are very happy
with you - thank you very much. Your kind comment will be shared with our team, espacially the
animation team with Emily.

Please feel welcome anytime.

Kind regards