Although we didn’t have a refurbished room it had everything we needed, and more importantly it was kept spotlessly clean each day, with clean bedding and towels. Our only complaint was the lack of a view – just wasteland and trees; however it meant that our room was very quiet.
The pool area was lovely, although at times could get a bit rowdy with the animation team constantly asking you to get involved, that was not what we were there for! The beach was beautiful, white sand however the sea a little dirty at times, particularly when windy, there seemed to be a lot of rubbish floating around which you had to swim around to avoid!
The food was your average all inclusive stuff, but you never go hungry there’s plenty to choose from. The Le Dragon Chinese restaurant is amazing! So cheap - £7 for 3 courses and the food is delicious, we went twice! The ala carte near the beach was a little strange...you didn’t get told what you were eating, just given on a plate and had to play guessing games as to what it all was! 5 courses of traditional Tunisian food, however we weren’t keen.
We weren’t sure why everyone raves so much about the animation team? Yes, they work very hard, very long days to keep people entertained but we found the entertainment pretty poor! We watched the Michael Jackson show and got very bored between the very long costume changes..... Also, if you are a young female like us, you are likely to get interest shown in you from the males of the animation team, be careful as the females (their girlfriends!) do not like this. We were invited to go to the nightclub next door with the lads from the animation team, and when the girls found out they became quite aggressive towards us and proceeded to ignore us for the rest of our holiday! (Mainly Emily, the other girl whose name we don’t know still spoke). Emily made us feel as if we had done something wrong (we did not accept their offer to go to the club) ... maybe she should have spoken to her boyfriend about this rather than shouting at us.
Finally, we found some staff to be rather rude if you did not tip first time, the man who brought the mattresses around the pool was extremely rude to us on our first day, kicking our sun beds and tables out of his way and muttering in French to us, obviously we did not tip him at all and on our last day he kept saying to us “no dinar” very rudely. Some of the beach bar staff were rude, however pool bar staff and our waiter in the restaurant were all lovely and friendly.
Overall we had a lovely chilled holiday and would recommend the hotel to others, but I think if we went again we would stay nearer the marina as there is more to do there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated on the East coast of Tunisia, SENTIDO Phenicia spreads between a fine sandy beach and a garden of 11 hectares where mix generously Palm and Olive trees. For your comfort, the rooms of the hotel all endowed with balconies or terraces offer you fantastic views between the gulf and mountains of Hammamet, swimming pools, or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your SENTIDO Phenicia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Phenicia Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Phenicia
- Iberostar Phenicia Tunisia
- Iberostar Phenicia Hammamet