I stayed here for one week in mid october and had a great stay. The hotel was inviting, well organised and clean. The staff were always helpful and happy to oblige. Our rep was also great. A Northern lass with a great sense of humour and time to chat.
The catering was superb. Cooking for 300 to 700 people per meal is no mean feat and the reviewer on this site who's partner lived on pizza all week baffled me. The food was, on the whole, fresh and well prepared and the choice was spoiling! (the pizza looked the least appetising thing there). I wanted for nothing in the dinning room! Sharing a table sounded like something to be endured but actually was fine and my dinning partners were a lovely couple from Bedford with whom daily experiences were shared.
Some people have described the foyer / bar as being 'cold' in feel. To me it was refreshingly modern. It put me in mind of The Saunderson Hotel in London.... I'm so glad it wasn't fake a Tunisian traditional cafe bar themed space.... So tacky! The rooms were neither overly spacious nor particularly luxurious but they were clean and comfortable. No air con in October but you don't chaise the sun in October and then moan about its effects! *winks*
I would give this hotel 9 out of 10 for an Autumn or Spring break; when the hotel is not running at full capacity. What I would have thought of it in July I cannot say.
As a foot note the hotel is architecturally striking having been built in the late 60's / early 70's and is one of the few hotels in the area that isn't trying too look like it was built 100+ years ago. Eleven out of Ten to the architect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated on the east coast of Tunisia, SENTIDO Phenicia spreads between a fine sandy beach and a garden of 11 hectares where mix generously palm and olive trees. For your comfort, the rooms of the hotel all endowed with balconies or terraces offer you fantastic views between the gulf and mountains of Hammamet, swimming pools or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your SENTIDO Phenicia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Phenicia Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Phenicia
- Iberostar Phenicia Tunisia
- Iberostar Phenicia Hammamet