“WHATS EVERYONE ON ABOUT!!!!!!”
Review of SENTIDO Phenicia

SENTIDO Phenicia
Ranked #8 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Having read and re-read reviews on the Phenicia we decided to book for 1st August 2014. Well in a nut shell was very disappointed.
Transfer was very good first drop off, checking in good cases delivered to room. Make sure you have money too tip the bell boys.
Room was ok standard room nothing special really.
Be advised the drinks in the fridge are free but if you get them replaced you pay for them.
Beach/pool towels are obtained from shop 20dinar each which is refunded on return, towels can be changed Tuesday and Saturdays.
The bar staff at all bars are excellent very attentive especially if you tip.
Food was ok nothing special very average breakfast, BBQ choose your time to go here well as you many struggle to get a table and served drinks, food chicken nuggets, chips pizza had the BBQ food and was ill next day, didn't try it again.
Evening you choose you dinning time 7pm or 8.30pm you are assigned a table for the week. Didn't enjoy most things my son and I ate Bolognese or children's food all week.
I do have to mention the omelette and crepe men those were yummy and such nice people too.
Entertainment: Mario was excellent always went out of his way to talk to guest. The day time and evening entertainment was average having went to the Atlantis in Belek last year where entertainers were around the pool or doing activities from 10am till late at night and the shows were amazing. Phenicia did not compare, very disappointed.
Make sure you take enough money to tip we spent over £100.00 in tips in a week. Also taxis are cheap to get around but to be perfectly honest I wish I didn't go out, did not like it one bit.

All in all this hotel is advertised as a 4 star it definitely is not 3 star at most. I would not go back...

Room Tip: change money when you need it. tips are expected and if you forget there are tip boxes at reception...
7  Thank ShellaT72
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Shella,

Thank you sharing your holiday experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are disappointed
we couldn't meet your expectations this time regarding the food, animation. Please be advised we are certified HACCP, having regularly audits and analysis to guarantee our guests' health, supervised by our hygienist. Therefore we are sorry, if you felt ill, we think, the BBQ couldn't be the reason. Lunch is available in the Main restaurant as well.
Thank you mentioning you enjoyed the crepes and the omelets included the service delivered.
The animation team is no professionals as it was certainly the case in Turkey, we apologize again if they didn't meet your expectations, however they are giving their best
to entertain all our guests. As advertised in the brochures the mini bar has to be stocked
on arrival. We are always interested in improving and will forward your comment to the
relevant departments. Your compliment regarding Mario and the good check in are highly appreciated - thank you again.

Best regards - we would truly like welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was our 2nd visit to this hotel and will be returning next year. We had a refurbished room on the 3rd floor which was lovely. The food is very good and our waiter Jamal Kalani made sure our glasses were never empty. The beach is beautiful with plenty of sun loungers.The animation team are simply the best, they made our holiday. My husband always took part in archery and French boules whilst the girls of the group loved water aerobics with Nemo/Bebo and Emily. Mario is our favourite as hes so funny. Titi, Alladin, Shaggy, Lama, Aggy, Dido, Billy, Farat, pepeto and boss u are all fantastic. Can't wait to go back :-)

Room Tip: We booked with Thomas Cook and got an upgraded room
7  Thank velvy

Dear velvy,

we are truly pleased learning we exceeded your expectations during your second holiday with us again. Thank you being so loyal to the SENTIDO Phenicia Hotel. It feels so good to know you enjoyed the food, the beautiful beach. We will share your kind comment with the team and naturally with the animation team as well.
Thank you again - your comment is highly appreciated.

Best regards - we are already happy welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

When I first saw the animation team I thought they were crazy but that's why I enjoyed it. I got to know a few of them very well such as Joker, pepito, titi, mario and Bilel but everyone else would always come up and talk to you. I know that there has been a few things said about Joker and I got to spend a lot of time with him while doing the activities and he was very open about where he's been and what he wants to do in the future and he is honestly the lovliest guy I've met! He really opened up to me and nearly got me crying how deep he is and I do feel a bit sorry for him. He knew I wanted to get involved in activities and would drag me up and I really enjoyed myself once he gave me the push I needed. It was unprofessional what he did but it's not all his fault he can't take all the blame.
Mario always made me laugh funniest person I've ever met!
Pepito wow he is one very talented dancer so if you like dancing watch him and he will inspire you! He reminds me of Ashley Banjo from Diversity and he is also amazing at dancing!
If you are a young adult like myself you will love the animation team!!!
Hopefully come back soon thank you so much to everyone in the hotel best holiday I ever had.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SweetHann
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear SweetHann,

thank you very much. Your compliments regarding the animation team are highly appreciated
and will be shared with the team.

Best regards - we are looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I went to the Phenicia last August for our honeymoon and had an amazing time, it was so relaxing.everything was fab, the hardworking animation team and staff, lovely facilities, great food . we enjoyed it so much we are returning next week! I have emailed the phenicia a few months ago but had no reply so I thought I would try on here. Last time we stayed we had a superior room and when we booked this holiday in March there were none left. I emailed to enquire if there were any available and would like to change to superior room if possible . I realise this would cost extra if you could let me know the price that would be great. If not could we have one of the refurbished rooms if possible.
Many thanks
Bonnie Brown

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bonnie B
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Bonnie Brown,

Thank you sharing your honeymoon experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are very happy welcoming you back in just a couple of days. Your comment has been forwarded to the relevant department to have a look on your request - they will do their best to provide you one of the rooms requested whenever possible.

We are looking forward meeting you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I arrived on 29th July for a 10 day holiday, we have visited the Phenicia several times before, so know what to expect. The standard is very high and excellent value for money in our oppinion. All the staff are welcoming, friendly and always keen for a chat from door men, receptionists, waiters in bars and restaurants and remember us from previous visits. The animation team are fantastic and work extremely hard to keep us entertained day and night. How they fit in the time to practice for the evening shows is beyond me. Dido is fantastic at what he's best, choreography and dance, well done you! There are lots of people I would like to mention in person but have for gotten names. Thank you all for a lovely holiday!! The only criticissum I can think of is that the restaurants get very busy during pick season, lots of queuing for food, maybe they should expand the dinning times or open the beach restaurant, also there should be a disco/club late evening for adults as after 11:30 there's nothing to do unless you go out of the hotel

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Karyn,

We are pleased to read that our team was able to manage your expectations and you had another wonderful holiday with us. Thank you for being so loyal to the SENTIDO Phenicia Hotel and mentioning also your negatives. We modified the sittings in the Main Restaurant already - and we are taking care to balance the number of guests between - however we are fully booked at this time of the year. We will inform our Animation Manager with regards to the Disco after 11.30pm.

We will be happy welcoming you back in the nearest future - to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Having read so many positive reviews we were really looking forward to our hols this year....however, so disappointing...those who said the food was amazing are obviously not eating well at home because really...the quality of food here is appalling! On arrival we encountered the nasty rude arrogant little man at reception who blatantly lied to us repeatedly...I suggest he leaves because he obviously is in the wrong job and gives this hotel a terrible first impression!!....ON A POSITIVE NOTE...THE ANIMATION TEAM....SUPERB...wow do they work hard!!! So so much fun especially during the water polo and beach football...they are all fabulous all the time...Our waiter was also amazing as were the majority of staff all very polite and very hardworking to ensure the hotel is clean and guests are looked after...(they do however, expect but appreciate tips) we didn't appreciate the early rise for pool beds to ensure much needed shade but hey it's the same everywhere...THANKYOU ANIMATION TEAM YOU'RE ALL AMAZING :))

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished and pay for sea view...avoid fourth floor...don't speak to nasty rude arroga...
2  Thank Joy C
sentido, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Phenicia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Joy C,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at SENTIDO Phenicia Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Your valuable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service SENTIDO Phenicia Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. We were therefore concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations referring to the quality of food and the issue with “the litte rude man behind reception”. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. We have taken note and forwarded your review to the management team to look into it and taking corrective action where required. It would be helpful to us to know more details about the negatives to prevent further occurrences. Thank you for bringing these incidents to our attention. We are pleased learning you enjoyed the activities with our animation team, the very polite service provided by the majority of our staff.

We will be delighted welcoming you back – to make up for any inconveniences.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

was very friendly at reception an amazing place ,think it was to posh for us as it should be a 5 star hotel ,,very clean smells lovely ,,food was really good had most English foods such as chips pizza, beef ,chicken drumsticks, fishcakes , curry ,rice , pastas ,salad, chocolate pancakes :) lots off drinks bar staff are really friendly piccachoo our favourite :) ,cocktails ,Fanta .pincky winky is nice n vodka n Fanta ,,they are double shots though ,,always ask for a pool room I was gutted when we didn't have 1 but rooms are very comfortable ,air con is amazing ,entertainment team was amzing we loved hedi (titi) n Mario ,shaggy, aladine (really) bebo ,girls was a laugh Emily (amel rose ) agnes very friendly ,loads of entertainment for children ,pools are lovely n they don't mind if u have a dip in night lol ,,would defo go back so much to do will only cost u 7 dina to town ,,favourite night was comedy n beach party and anniversary they got us up on stage an redone our wedding night and the kiss ,,very happy ,,high five to them all great service great entertainment lovely food stunning beach ,stunning rooms what more can u ask for :) :) :)

Dear Emma J,

We are delighted to read that every aspect of your holiday experience was excellent. Your kind comment about the SENTIDO Phenicia Hotel is highly appreciated. We have shared your compliments with our team and they are equally happy to hear that you had a "stunning"holiday with us. Thank you very much, we are delighted we exceeded your expectations.

Best regards - we are looking forward welcoming you back in the nearest future.