Having read and re-read reviews on the Phenicia we decided to book for 1st August 2014. Well in a nut shell was very disappointed.
Transfer was very good first drop off, checking in good cases delivered to room. Make sure you have money too tip the bell boys.
Room was ok standard room nothing special really.
Be advised the drinks in the fridge are free but if you get them replaced you pay for them.
Beach/pool towels are obtained from shop 20dinar each which is refunded on return, towels can be changed Tuesday and Saturdays.
The bar staff at all bars are excellent very attentive especially if you tip.
Food was ok nothing special very average breakfast, BBQ choose your time to go here well as you many struggle to get a table and served drinks, food chicken nuggets, chips pizza had the BBQ food and was ill next day, didn't try it again.
Evening you choose you dinning time 7pm or 8.30pm you are assigned a table for the week. Didn't enjoy most things my son and I ate Bolognese or children's food all week.
I do have to mention the omelette and crepe men those were yummy and such nice people too.
Entertainment: Mario was excellent always went out of his way to talk to guest. The day time and evening entertainment was average having went to the Atlantis in Belek last year where entertainers were around the pool or doing activities from 10am till late at night and the shows were amazing. Phenicia did not compare, very disappointed.
Make sure you take enough money to tip we spent over £100.00 in tips in a week. Also taxis are cheap to get around but to be perfectly honest I wish I didn't go out, did not like it one bit.
All in all this hotel is advertised as a 4 star it definitely is not 3 star at most. I would not go back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated on the east coast of Tunisia, SENTIDO Phenicia spreads between a fine sandy beach and a garden of 11 hectares where mix generously palm and olive trees. For your comfort, the rooms of the hotel all endowed with balconies or terraces offer you fantastic views between the gulf and mountains of Hammamet, swimming pools or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Splitty, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your SENTIDO Phenicia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Phenicia Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Phenicia
- Iberostar Phenicia Tunisia
- Iberostar Phenicia Hammamet