Hammamet Garden Resort & Spa
Medina Solaria & Thalasso(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$97
US$90
Hotels.com
  • Pool
SENTIDO Aziza Beach Golf & Spa(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$75
Orbitz.com
US$205
  • Beachfront
1,654 results
All reviewsanimation teamindoor poolbar staffcamel ridinggreat holidayenjoyable holidaysoniaentertainmentzicoshowsdiscolaugharcherymomo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My mother and I booked into this hotel at 12.30 and was not able to enter our room till gone 4pm as the room had not been cleaned and they had not enough staff to get the rooms prepared in time, when they finally told us the room was ready they said we could not have a key card to re enter the room as their computer has broken down, we thought this was unacceptable and after entering our room and realising that for a 4 star hotel the condition of the room was not worthy of a 1 star my mother and I decided the only alternative was to move to another hotel, so we took our cases and asked them at the reception to order us a taxi to the oceana hotel ( which my mother had previously stayed at so we new it was worthy of the 5 stars it has been given.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone it was a complete chaotic nightmare as soon as we entered the hotel, the staff were under so much pressure they could not handle the volume of holiday makers arriving and just ignored us for the 4 hours we were waiting to access our room.
My mother is 80 years old and this stressful time was so unacceptable I felt I had they offered us no alternative but to leave, we asked if there was another room available that we could acess without having to find a member of staff that had a master to let us in but they said they didn't have another room available. I would not recommend it at all.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jackie58rob
Reviewed 30 August 2013

when we arrived we were greeted with drinks and even though it wasn't until 10pm, the kitchen had laid on food for us (very appreciated!). The following day at the welcome meeting, there was no pushing of trips, just a mention about them. Staff were very lovely and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Food was excellent and something different every day. we got a sun lounger EVERY day with problems in the location of our choice. there was something going on all day at the activity pool where the reps worked extremely hard all day and night and always had a smile on their faces. would go back again no trouble

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JeremyApplegarth
Reviewed 25 August 2013

its a nice hotel it can get a bit noisy sometimes.beds are very hard and uncomfortable, so dont expect a long lie in. the staff are very friendly with both adults and children.theres always something to do through the day, or just laze about the pool

Room Tip: its a good hotel, buy your own booze to drink in your room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just Home 13th Aug from a Fantastic holiday in the Hotel Hammamet Garden and Spa. Please read ALL this review, we did really have a good time…
On arrival we were given drinks of lime juice, not to the taste of my kids though, but still refreshing none the less. We were taken to our Room at the very end of a corridor on the 2nd floor. The room was a twin on 2 floors, twin beds upper and Double bed on First floor, unusual! “The Main Bedroom” was not without its faults. The dressing table made of something like Marble was broken in half across the middle with a gap big enough to put £1 coins through and dipping dangerously in the middle. The only power socket had a broken front and had exposed wires. The TV was cracked the Fridge didn’t work; the only unit to place thing upon was also broken! Shower was pathetic, lost more water on a leak than it sprayed. The sink u-bend leaked and required a bucket. But worse was the toilet flush that required 4 goes to flush away a pee! There was a balcony on the upper floor room but the “view” was 2 palm tree fronds. What capped it all of was the AC, or lack of AC! It blow but as for cooling, forget it!
We spent the First night in the room before complaining to reception. Sonia on the reception desk speaks good English and was our saviour. She gave us 2 keys to look at other rooms; we chose the 2nd we looked at. It was on the 3rd floor in main lobby area and over looked the pool. It was a lager room king bed and 3 seater sofa single arm chair, good wardrobes dresser TV not used though and a working fridge. Toilet and separate good shower with working hair drier. A second twin room with balcony and good views overlooking the pool. The only down was the AC again. In all Three of the rooms it was at its best poor. I only met one person who was happy with their A/C. But we slept with the windows open and the evening breeze was enough and after a few days we had acclimatised.
The Main pool had plenty of sun beds. But if you want a mattress you need to be up early as there were not enough to go round. The pool bar was good and service from the staff behind the bar and waiters good, especially the bar man Omar who speaks reasonably good English...
The food was also of a very good standard. I found it all well cooked and tasted well with a reasonable variety. Beef, chicken, turkey and Fish are the only meat dishes they served. There was also a special dish cooked freshly in front of you every day but the queue could be long. The veg was always nicely cooked and still fairly firm. Not the usual limp soggy mush! 6 different Salads were available every day. But if you are a Vegetarian beware one of them did have fish in it, and the Eastern Block guest weren't too careful which serving tongs they used! So get in early, I tried all of the salads and enjoyed them all. This is the FIRST hotel I have had salad, fruit and everything they had to offer and Not been ill! In fact I met no one who had any upset stomach, a first 8- ). The Biscuits & Cakes were equally lovely and made with fresh cream. Be prepared to gain a few inches around the waist tho! They even did pretty good custard. A BIG CONGRATULATION to the kitchen staff. I tried everything with out fear and thoroughly enjoyed it, as did my fussy children.

Animation staff; Boy do these guy’s and girls work hard… They truly are an asset to the Hotel. From the water gym twice a day, sports events and the nightly evening entertainment. Which I have to say was enjoyable and had everybody laughing. Thou not dancers, they were pretty tight in there routines and very energetic. All clearly still enjoying everything that they done. A testimony to them was that every night the stage area was full of people from about 8 o’clock.

This hotel has its own private beach; it’s an 8-10 minuet stroll from the rear gate. They do have an electric 12 seater shuttle to the beach that should have run every 3 minuets.
But it was ALWAYS Broken down “kaput” The driver said it required new Batteries... But for the whole time we were there it did not run.

At the beach There are plenty of lounges and sun shades in front of the beach bar. The Bar always had cold water on tap but I never managed to get a beer there as they had always run out, as was the Coke on most days. Fanta, water and a watery fruit juice the only free drinks available when we were there. They did have Bottle beer everyday these cost 4 Dinar each as bottle beer is not part of the inclusive package.
The Beach its self was lovely soft hot sand. Camel rides, and traders walk the beach, but do not pose a problem, a simple No was sufficient to send then away. There is also plenty of water sports, jet ski, Para ascending, pillows and banana ride ect. All reasonable priced or just play in the warm clear water. If you’re into snorkelling. Unfortunately there is nothing to see. You can’t swim out far either as it’s roped off to keep bathers and boats / Jet Ski separate.
Despite a bad start with the room and having to walk to the beach “was good to walk after a meal anyway” This turned out to be a Great holiday. The friendly staff, pool and animation team, and Good food made it all worth while. Another good point was the hotel supplied free 2lts bottles of water at all the bars. This is one place I am sure to return to 8-)...

Room Tip: Don't settle for the room if its below what you expect.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was in Tunisia in April/May 2013 for 2 weeks however just spent 1 week at the Hammamet Garden Hotel before spending the 2nd week in Sousse with family.

Apart from being squeezed into a shuttle van at the airport full of passengers I was quite relieved to know ours was the first stop as I could not bear to be driven any further especially as we landed in Tunis. On arrival (at night) first glance of the hotel was "Wow" palm trees, well lit entrance although no assistance with in lifting our lugguage from shuttle van to hotel - which would of been nice.

Rooms were comfortable, although was woken up early one morning to native traders setting up their market, however did not bother me but my friend was not too pleased as she sleeps in late.

Hygiene - rooms are cleaned everyday and beds made up, however there were instances where I had to chase the room attendant for toilet tissue as they seem to be slightly on the tight side to leaving spare rolls

Sonia on the desk was rather helpful - the downside was that we experienced a day where we had no water to our room until late at night, this include the toilets not flushing and we could not shower. Nevertheless I was not prepared to sit back and do nothing so decided to speak to Sonia on the reception and made sure she knew this was unacceptable and that I needed to shower etc. Apart from being fobbed off and told to wait for an hour or so before it would come back on which was never the case I took matters further into my hands.

I decided to hunt around the hotel and as some of the rooms were being rennovated I located a room not being used, established whether water was coming through the taps and then called my friend and both she and I was able to shower etc with no help of the hotel staff - but hey I'm quite a straight forward person who when it comes to things like this refuse to be conservative and speak my mind and get an outcome that I consider to be acceptable.

As a result- we received a FREE Tunisian Hamon (steam treatment)

Food - we went all inclusive for convenience and it was okay, although I found their lunch menu probably more appetizing than their actual dinner menu.

Entertainment - the animation team were friendly, a couple of them toooooo friendly!! but if you can handle yourself then they will get the message. Russians took over the night life which was annoying as they were all rude,,,kids are accommodated at the first half of the evening which normally began at 9pm.The animation team also arranged activities during the day around the pool and on stage which seemed to of gone down well,

Shops - local shops and a few night clubs, there is an English pub.restaurant down the road but I did not think too much of it and it was quite pricey to the other competitors. Lots of coffee shops to choose from so worth taking a stroll, However word of caution for girls/ladies please go in pairs and not on your own as you are often bombarded by strangers (guys),

Beach - nice, but can attract strangers talking to you ladies (unless that is what you are looking for).

Overall it did what it needed to do, and I think 1 week was just enough for me, but the better part of my holiday was really my second week in Sousse with family. Not sure I would rate it a 4 star hotel more like 3 to be very honest.

Room Tip: Specify clearly as you could get a beach front which sometimes could be noisy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends