“Ok”
Review of Hotel Manar

Hotel Manar
Ranked #1 of 119 Hotels in Hammamet
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My feeling on this hotel are totally mixed. The food was good, not exceptional and could have been better but didn't have any problem with it. The dining area was a bit shabby and could have been a bit better. The entertainment was excellent. My children were 3 and 1, the energy and enthusiasm was something I had never seen in holiday reps so very well done! Eldest was a bit too cautious to go into the kids club for more than one visit however, it did seem to be very good. If you have energetic children this resort has loads to offer and I think that you could totally overlook the 'rough around the edges' aspects to the resorts. I was extremely disappointed in our room. So much that I wish I had complained and been transferred on arrival. We paid extra for a sea view with a balcony. We were given a room a fair walk from the main building, with a shared balcony ( shared access with another 2 rooms), which was also easily viewed from the communal lifts which opened adjacent to windows at the side of the balcony. The balcony was very dirty and had areas of water logging. The balcony overlooked a really unattractive part of the hotel roof which had air cons fans etc on it so it was not the best view at all! Also, the entrance to the balcony from our room was a very large step. My youngest struggled to crawl up on to the balcony however, due to this step, the pools of water, dirt on the balcony and the fact it was shared we didn't use the balcony at all and kept the doors shut throughout the holiday! The room was very shabby and not the best too. With young kids we find ourselves spending a little more time in the room due to nap time etc. that was why we decided to select a sea view with balcony so we could sit out on the balcony when the kids were tired and in bed (as we have done before in previous hotels). We met people who had taken a basic standard room. Theirs was in the main building, with a private balcony so we felt annoyed at having to pay extra for what we were given. As I have said I really wish we had complained at the start of the week and been moved (which i suspect they may have done if they could). In summary, I wouldn't return to this hotel however, if you were given a nice room and had energetic kids who are happy to get involved in all the activities available it may be a good choice for you. It is a bit like but butlins in the sun but that's what kids want isn't it!?

Room Tip: Paid extra for sea view with balcony and would have been better with standard room with pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bobo J
Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed 26 January 2014

could not fault this holiday one little bit. beautiful location right on the beach. beautiful food, all fresh and plenty of choice. friendly staff who could not do enough for you. no hassle for tips. if you were tight and didn't want to tip you literally would not have to spend a single penny. all inclusive means all inclusive. rooms very nice with hair dryer and fridge. towels available for you to use at the beach/ pool. lovely will definitely going back. fantastic for kids with the kids clubs and water slides.

Room Tip: we had a family suit. - lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank sally g
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was the first holiday we took our daughter on, she was almost 4. It was a great place for families and children, lots for her to do.
Everywhere on the resort was really clean and nothing was to much trouble.
The choice of food was massive, however I would say it was more quantity over quality, but it was ok.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank TeresaHW
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed for a week in July with my boyfriend and son and had a great time our room was nice and big enough for us the staff where nice the grounds where beautiful and right on our own private beach with guards so u don't get hassled by men selling things on the beach kids club was good u did need to get there early tho only by 15-20 mins and a play area right next to it so kids don't get board my son went 6 times and got turned away twice not that bad they shod have more staff but u don't go on hoilday for your kids to be in a club all day do u? Food was really good full English every morning with cereals and breads lunch was also good kababs pizza spagbowl and dinner had a themed night every night two nights of fish not a lover but they can't please everyone they also had a BBQ station outside every night and two nights freshly made doughnuts which where lovely it allways started off with kids entertament which my son loved dancing around and watching the stage after that we would go back to the room for a drink so dint see what the other entertament was the sun tires u out and where boring drinks where good coke fanta also had amertio to drink which was good! All in all a good hoilday go on the pirate trip very good and also had a market come to the hotel so u dint have to go out, our first time to a hoilday village and def would go back to one :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Beckiellis
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on the 30th September for a week with my husband and 2 year old daughter. We found the hotel perfect for us lots to do for kids of all ages, lots of pools and water slides. We stayed in a themed room with a desperate room which had bunk beds. Rooms were clean and spacious. These rooms do not have a balcony but having a 2 year old it was actually better for us. The beach was really nice and clean and the beach bar was good but you can only get beer wine and soft drinks here. The only downside was the evening entertainment but it didn't bother us that much we were happy drinking cocktails. We would definitely consider returning to this hotel again as it is perfect for families and it's only a 3hr flight from the uk so good for taking little ones. And people that moan about kids on hear This is a FAMILY hotel go to sandals if you want an adults only resort!

Stayed: September 2013
12  Thank Steph082
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We travelled to holiday village manar for a one week stay during October half term (2 adults, 1 five year old). We were really pleased with the overall quality of the hotel. The room was clean and spacious (we booked a family den, which sleeps 4). The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly - particularly waiters and bar staff and the main lifeguard (momo). It is definitely a hotel geared up for families with plenty of different pools to choose from. Direct access to a clean and sandy beach with plenty of sun loungers was also fab. The food was of a good standard and all tastes catered for. The only thing that wasn't up to standard was the evening entertainment. I thought this was really poor, and my 5 year old was particularly unimpressed with the kids early evening entertainment ( I 5 live). There's no denying that the ents team were trying hard, but the formula was just not right. This might have just been because it was end of season but I expected better quality evening entertainment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Devongirl37
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in August with my wife and 3 sons. My kids loved it from day 1. They made friends did football academy, swim academy, kids clubs and daily events. If they have a good holiday then we have a good holiday, they all want to fog back next year!

• Stayed: August 2013