Hotel Manar
Saphir Palace & Spa(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$63
  • Pool
Medina Solaria & Thalasso(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$89
US$120
US$114
Hotel Diar Lemdina(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$67
US$133
US$126
Hotel Bel Azur(Hammamet)
US$110
US$103
Hotel Club President(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$34
  • Pool
Golden Tulip Taj Sultan Resort(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$98
Chich Khan(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$64
  • Breakfast included
US$147
2,172 results
All reviewsholiday villagefirst choicehigh ropeskids clublobby barwater slidesentertainment teamgreat holidayfamily holidaybunk bedshotel is spotlesslovely beachhard workbeefmomopoolsrama
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Believe the hype you read on here because the Holiday Village Manar really is that good.

From our arrival to our departure the staff at the hotel went out of their way to make sure your holiday was one to remember.

The food was plentiful, cooked fresh and was unbelievable. The jasmine night curry cooked from scratch is the best curry I have every tasted.

I will go as far to say the food every night was excellent.

The staff in the restaurant were brilliant and a special mention to Marween who tended to our every need and was excellent either the kids - for our duration of our stay.

We spent our days at the relax pool and that's where we met MOMO. What a guy friendly and was always there for the kids. He was brilliant.

Not forgetting the First choice reps. They were excellent and worked tirelessly for the kids and always took time to speak with you and them whenever you bumped into them. My two both girls aged 10 and 4 loved the kids clubs, i 5 Live.

I'm not sure what more to say/write but if I could I would of booked to go there next year the day I returned. (Shift work means I don't know my hols until Jan but as soon as I know I will be booking again)

Too many pros to list - all OUTSTANDING!

CON:- don't take the First Choice excursion to Nabeul market as it costs a family of 4 25 to 30 quid...... It only cost us £3 in a taxi there and £2 in a taxi back.

Just OUTSTANDING.

Look forward to going there next year!!!

Room Tip: Go have fun and enjoy. The staff will take care of the rest
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank lawsy0411
Reviewed 12 July 2014

after reading all the good feedback on trip adviser,as i do for almost all our holidays,we were looking forward to a week in a new destination for us,unfortunately,we had some issues from the start,that really took the edge of the holiday,so here are our own personal opinions of this hotel,
pro's:
tunisian weather was fantastic,not too hot,not humid and sticky,and this is poss the first holiday in a long time that we havent been mullered by the mozzies,only 2 bites for my wife all week,which is a record for us :-),
the hotel itself is beautiful,the reception area,through to the grounds,and we really liked the water slides,good fun,even for the adults,
the staff in general,were great,friendly,with a smile most of the day,which considering it was ramadam at the time,must of been hard at times,i know how grumpy i get when im hungry.

and im affraid thats were the good times end......

cons:
food:i had a real prob with the food from day one,i will pretty much try any food,but when the food is supposed to be a hot served dish, like it to be hot,but the food was barely warm,and this was at the start of service,when the food should of been at its freshest,there was fish being fried in way too much oil,at too low a temp,so the fish just sucked up the oil,and then fell into small pieces,there was steak that i asked for medium rare,and i got totally raw in the middle,there was squid being fried in a batter one evening,i stood and watched the "chef" cooked squid rings for almost 17 mins,they should take no more than 4 mins,but he put so much in the pan,it dropped the temp so low,it again just sucked up the oil,so u ended up with over cooked,greasy squid,i gave that a miss aswell,im not a chef by trade,but i am a decent cook,and the cooking methods i saw at manar are basic,so should be easy to master,the guy who cooked the omelets in the used to pour so much cooking oil in the frying pan,it was enough to put me off for the week,i could go on and on about the food sadly,but will move on.
drinks:
the drinks at manar are poss the worse drinks ive had at any all inclusive,im not a very heavy drinker,but when on holiday,i do like to occasionally have a few too many,this was just not poss for me and my wife,weak beer,weak wine,and very weak spirits,but the bit that got to me the most,was that if you wanted decent spirits,you could have them,but you had to go in the sports bar to get them,and then pay extra,but hold on,ive already paid for all inclusive,i dont expect to have to pay again,very dissapointed with that,as we have done quite a few all inclusive places over the years,and this is the first time this has been the case,it might not seem a big deal if you are a family visting,and cant get to drunk cos of the kids,but as a couple,we didnt like this set up one bit.
and as much as we were disapointed with the hotel,that wasnt the worst part of this holiday,the worst part,was some of the people staying there,it was chaos at feeding time,with people grabbing food with their hands straight out the pots,and piling about 10lb of food onto one plate,like they've never eaten before,and want to eat as much as poss before it all goes,it really was disgusting at times,and that was just the adults,there were kids running riot at times,and the parents couldn't give a toss,as they were stuffing pounds of food down,whilst on ipod/ipads/phones etc etc,i think you get the picture,i sound like a stuck up snob,but im far from that,i just have manners,i was taught that meal times,you didnt eat with ur bloody hands unless it was fish and chips,and u sat down till everyone had finished,you dont run riot,whilst other people are trying to eat,simple manners.
there are other issues i have,like letting the hotel know we were going to be celebrating our 25th anniversary,and still getting a room with 2 single beds,then theres the dining room rules of men must wear long trousers to dinner at all times in the evening,most people wore shorts and flipflops,why have the rule,if ur not doing to enforce it,its just for dinner,they can get changed into whatever they like after,again,its manners.
and lastly,make people used the gel at the doors.
this is NOT a place for couples
would i go back to tunisia on the back of this holiday,,no,
nor will i used first choice holidays again.
this review is just our personal opinion of our week,we met some lovely people,who loved it there
such a shame
special thank you to naz in the lobby bar for trying :-)
thank you also to louise for her help in trying to get stuff sorted,and for arranging some flowers for me

6  Thank Shaun S
Reviewed 11 July 2014

So this was our first holiday village so we didn't know what to expect and were nervous as we had went to Portaventura last year and really enjoyed the hotel and theme park.
We stayed in Manar 1 and had 2 rooms. I think in Manar 2 the room mini bar may be stocked but in our room it wasn't.

Positives :

Staff were so nice and helpful and the hotel was really clean and rooms spacious.
Loads for kids to do and the kids club staff that first choice had were superb.
Adult football at 4.30 ( except tuesday and Sunday) was great for the dads. Great fitness.
Food in restaurants was again good and there were plenty of choices. Themed on different nights.
Nightlife entertainment at the ampitheatre was also good and our kids loved the IFive life team. I unfortunately got picked to go on stage so that wasnt a large positive for me. ( i'll blame my daughter for that.)
Bingo at nighttime again was fun and cheap. We won on one of the nights so that made things even better.
Drinks were plentiful and when we were there ( 1st week of July) the queues were fine and there was no issues on the number of staff.
Pools again were great and the big slides were loved by my 10 year old.
Football academy also good and the coaches Joe and Wallace were brilliant with the young boys and girls. ( you do have to pay for this and it works out at £15 per 2 hour session. £50 for 4 sessions)
Tea and coffee in the rooms was also a big plus and the hotel had left a bottle of milk in the fridge in each room so none of the old UHT stuff. Just ask cleaner if you need another bottle.
Manar 1 had a great wifi signal and we got it in our room which was even better.
Also there is a TV channel that shows a new disney film each day so again good for kids when getting ready before tea-time or going to bed at night.
High ropes activity was great and my 7 year girl loved it.

Negatives :

No bacon for breakfast and the sausages didn't look great either. No syrup for the french toast either. At least i couldnt find it.
You wont really go outside the complex as the surrounding area is very poor and untidy and you may do this at your own risk.

All in all we had a great time and would thoroughly recommend this hotel.. Well done to Hotel Manar Staff and Management.

Room Tip: We were in room 1540 and it was really nice and had a great view of the complex.
2  Thank Carl W
Reviewed 11 July 2014

You cannot fault this for a family holiday from the rooms to the food to the staff and activities it was totally outstanding. The hotel staff and First Choice Reps are the hardest working I have ever encountered and as a former Rep myself I have never been so impressed by a group of people. We have a family of all ages and varying degrees of pickiness and everyone loved every minute of it all. My only teeny constructive criticism is that upon check in a fuller explanation of where everything was etc would have been even more helpful. We never go back to the same place twice but I have no doubt this is the exception and we will return. First Choice should consider this the jewel in their crown and give all their Reps an instant payrise. Thank you for a really wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: If you want a lie in don't stay in Manar 2 but all the rooms are nice.
3  Thank coopergirlzmom
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived home after spending a week at this terrific place,the staff cant do enough for you they are so friendly & helpful,the food is lovely all very fresh with so much choice.
The entertainers work so hard keeping the children occupied. Every where is so clean I cant speak highly enough of the staff,rooms are very nice. Every thing exceeded our expectations I would highly reccomend it.

Stayed: July 2014