Mediterranee Thalasso Golf
Le Khalife(Hammamet)
Hotel Emira(Hammamet)
La Badira(Hammamet)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Maybe its an idea to read my first review about this hotel. I will repeat some things in this one since its still the same. Other things will be new.

Mediterranéé has such a beautiful garden and the location is right at the nice calm beach. The rooms are getting a little worn out and the cleaning was not on top but I found it ok. Some rooms have a really beautiful wiev -some not. To live on bottom floor is no good - had two big coachrooaches in my room. But I had no problem to change room.

The staff is very friendly but they are not as many as they should be - the new manager (he is not new new he has been there 2 yrs I think) is no good and not very friendly - at least not to me as a single woman. The food at the hotel is plain and good, less food than earlier but its tasty. And the restaurant is very noisy during high season. It seems like the new manager tries to cut costs here and there - maybe too much, They have buffet in the main restaurant. In the garden restaurant (barbeque) you can get simple courses like pizza, salad, omelettes, hamburgers a s o but its expensive compared to the few small restaurants on the street by the hotel,

At the beach you are offered free nice sun beds with umbrellas, you can do some water sport like canoeing, going by Hobie cat, wind surfing a s o free - I cant tell if they start to charge but three seasons I have been there - no cost. But I recommend you to tip the staff - not only in this hotel. Generally!

Its a simple but ok hotel, There is still a lot of people coming back year after year, Some people from Italy stays there for many months and they seem to like it. I can recommend the hotel in some ways and some not. The standard has gone down but it depends on what you like and how much you want to pay for just living, I will write another review later - because I went back to Mediterranee in August/september 2009 too.

I have a trip booked next year in May/June but I will try another hotel then - but at "my" beach. See you there maybe.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank CharlotteD
Reviewed 14 July 2009

before i left i read a few bad reviews on the hotel, some people are obviously impossible to please and should maybe stick to their homes in future! the location was excellent, the beach beautiful, and the public areas kept to the best standards. you also dont have to fight for a sun lounger ever! it is a postcard setting! the food was good and there was always a wide selection, and the staff always friendly and helpful. there are loads of trips available to take from the hotel, as well as activities all day and night within the hotel complex. the rooms were very basic, but i dont go on holiday to sit in a bedroom! however the views were lovely, the bathroom very clean. maybe a mini fridge wouldnt have gone amiss, but i survived!

i'd recommend this hotel to absolutely everyone. this was my first time in tunisia and will definitely return :)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lyd87
Reviewed 4 November 2008

nice clean rooms,great beach location,nice food,friendly staff,beautiful gardens,great pools!! go and visit!!:))

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 October 2008

We have just returned from a weeks holiday in the Hotel Mediterranee and have written a letter of complaint to our travel agent.

On arrival at 5.30am the night staff were very accommodating, however the rest of the holiday didn't live up to the same standard as our initial impression. We were assisted to our room, which wasclean and tidy but very basic. But we were disappointed to find out when we woke up that there was virtually no view from the room and that the room was very dark (in fact we had to keep a light on any time we were in the room - we also had the company of the local cats near the room and the associated smells that go along with that !)

Food was completely unacceptable, the restaurant was untidy and did not live up to any decent hygiene standards - food was left uncovered and was frequently covered with flies.

Choice was very poor and if you suffer from any dietary problems (such as a wheat intolerance) then this hotel should be avoided at any cost. (I have stayed at other similar hotels in Tunisia before and this has never been an issue - but this hotel seems to be unwilling to make provision for this.

The food was so unsuitable that the tour company rep had to tell us where to eat outside the hotel at our expense - in fact it was so bad he even offered to take us to his house to eat with his wife.

Entertainment was geared for the under 10's and over 65's or you were a local looking for some disco action - there was absolutely no entertainment for anyone inbetween - unless you take a taxi (either 30 mins or 60 mins) to the nearest main resort.

We had been assured by the travel agent that there would be plenty of other UK nationals in the hotel - in fact there were less than a dozen - the rest were Italians, French, German and Russian which isnt a problem except that it is clear that the hotel is geared around them - with little provision for english speakers.

Hotel staff, whist struggling with english were friendly and helpful enough and general standard of hygiene in the room and around the pool were OK.

In summary this was an extremely disappointing break and if we had known then we would have chosen a different hotel in a different part of Hamamet nearer to shops, pubs, clubs - in short nearer to civilisation!

This hotel cannot be recommended at all.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2008

I did quite a bit of research before booking this hotel and was expecting it to be really pleasant but had a mixed experience.

The good points:
- nice clean rooms.
- great beach location.
- beautiful gardens.
- friendly staff.
- nice pools

The bad points:
- air conditioning was rubbish. (we moved rooms and it was just the same)
- dreadful smell of sewage in gardens of hotel and from balcony.
- swimwear was stolen off our balcony.
- we did not see any other guests from the uk (predominently french guests) and majority of staff, although friendly, had great difficulty communicating with us.
- refused to exchange scottish money despite us explaining it is still british sterling currency.
- hotel located far from town centre and no other entertainment available other than within the resort. entertainment catered well for small children and pensioners but nothing in-between.
- no vegetarian options at buffet (i lived off desserts for a full week).
- a long distance from the airport.
- outside pools and beach longers were near impossible to find as most were claimed 1st thing in the morning.
- we both had bad stomachs for a few days whilst staying there (although we can't say for certain it was a direct result of the hotel food.
- no fridge in room
- drinks are very expensive

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank fooooody