“Never again!”

Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Never again!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Poor service and coffee was undrinkable. No service or drinks on beach unless all inclusive so had 10 min walk to get a drink. Food very average. You were fine if you were Russian as only Russians in hotel

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

7 Thank Stewartmax M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Tunis, Tunisia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hotel terrible, staff impoli, endroit sale.... It was really a terrible experience where everything was shocking: impolite servers, slow and bad service, no food variety, insufficient plates, spoons,and forks which sounds like begging to get food, just one type of salad, one or two main dishes and one dessert and that's it even for all inclusive, dirty rooms with some insects, careless staff who sometimes shout at customers. In short ... it is so so so so horrible NEVER TRY NAHRAWESS... You will regret it

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Chaker M

Travellers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My boyfriend and I purchased this holiday as a late deal from Thomas Cook last summer. On arrival we were completely shocked. After a delayed flight we arrived at about midnight to a single staff member at the reception desk. The place was completely dead. Whilst the rooms were fairly clean we did experience several electricity cuts and problems with the water. The place itself looked severely outdated and has obviously had a hard time keeping up with other hotels in the area. For the entire 12 days that we were there (way too long) we met very little English tourists, and those we did meet were out of the hotel within days of arrival. It was a very much foreign orientated hotel with the staff clearly preferring tourists from Europe over the English (for instance, all other foreign guests received help with their bags- we did not), as well as being outright rude to us from the moment we set foot in the hotel. The amenities were shocking to say the least, with the "nightclub" being closed 5 or 10 years prior as so little attended it, as well as the indoor pool being full of leaves and the outdoor being freezing cold. The food was not appealing, with regular swarms of flies (of which they did little to alleviate) and a very repetitive menu- not great for a twelve day stay such as ours. The only great point I can truly say about this hotel is the private beach, but most hotels in this area offer this anyway. If looking for a break to Tunisia, visit any other hotel than this. It was a waste of money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 8 January 2014

For The escape from cold Europe, is Tunisia a great value... Hammamet is a great place, hotel Nahrawess, with superior 4Stars classification, is for me good value. Cleanliness, service, location, Half Board - everything was super And good organized. RoundTrips to The central Tunisia, to Kairouan, to Sousse, was also good organized...

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank PDosko
Shropshire
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Well what an experience this hotel was. It was my first ever trip to Tunisia and after doing so many all inclusive trips to different parts of the world I was totally shocked that Thomas Cook sold us a hotel like this. I'm not usually one for complaining but this place is shocking. It was nothing as described or shown to us from the website, half of the hotel was run down and closed. No indoor pool, no nightclub, no hairdressers the list was endless. The hotel was no way interested or happy to have the English guests there or the all inclusive come to mention it as getting a drink, a full drink at that was a mission.
Bar & Dining - The Green Bar and staff was the best out of all the holiday and they made us very welcome. The food was very limited with nothing labelled in English which made choosing through the pushing crowds very difficult. The restaurant definitely needs a good clean, more staff and more food selection.
The beach - This was miles away and the beach bar was hardly ever open and when it was it didn't have half of the all inclusive drinks on offer. Worst all inclusive I have ever done, even the beach towels had to be paid for. The beach was not the cleanest with no sunbed set out and lots n lots of ants.
Rooms - The rooms were ok & clean which did help our stay and the maid's were very pleasant. The sink had a crack in it and the hair dryer was about to blow up. The rooms were good other than that this hotel had nothing going for it at all.
All round not the best holiday I have been on but only because of run down hotel which I wouldn't even rate as a 2*. I was only there for a week so made the most of it and met some fantastic people. I would like to visit Tunisia again as everyone I met kept saying do not be put off by this experience so hopefully one day I will visit again!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
10 Thank Kelly W
Goole
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Where do i start? when we arrived, on the 30/08/13 it was raining and rained for the next 3 days not continually but enough to dampen your spirits. under the clouds the hotel looked tired with many areas closed, this was so disappointing as we where made to believe it was all on offer to us.
Dining ... the main dining room was more like a cattle yard not enough staff to clear the tables to busy and physically uncomfortable, the food was not bad just repetative but this is of most 2 week all inclusive holidays, so i will give them a break.
my biggest gripe would be, how many times in a day we were told we could not have this service as we are all inclusive, e.g waiter service around the pool, beach restaurant and no tea and coffee facilities until breakfast. having to pay for beach towels, safety deposit box? maybe we have been spoilt in are previous holidays but ive always had these services as part of an all inclusive holiday. The hotel need to realise that as AI travellers we have more money up front this left us feeling second rate : -(
The Green bar Excellent Staff had many fun nights around the bar, and met so many lovely people, Kelly ,Kate Ken Lance just a few xx I would advise future visitors to keep an open mind.
I would go back

Room Tip: rooms facing the front of the hotel quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Heather P
Breda, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was my first ever trip to Tunisia. I was a little wary due to the reports of political instability in the medias and actually almost canceled my trip. But after phoning the hotel and getting reassured by the friendly staff that everything was safe and sound in Hamamet, I was on my way to enjoy the golden beaches. Indeed ounce there, I was told that most if not all the manifestations take place in front of ministerial offices, which are mainly located in Tunis.
I was really impressed by the 5 stars spa facility that offers all kinds of treatments and massages some of which were not even available at Thalasso centers that I visited in France and Spain.
My room was cozy and clean.
The staff is nice but sometimes not very efficient. For example, we had to wait 45 minutes for the bellboy to bring our luggage after he confused them with another guest’s.
I would definitely consider coming back to stay at Nahrawass as I really enjoyed my trip especially when considering the amount of money spent.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family