Saphir Palace & Spa
Hotel Safa(Hammamet)
Very Good 4/5
Dar Zakarya(Hammamet)
  • Restaurant
Majesty Golf Hotel(Yasmine Hammamet)
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
Zodiac(Hammamet)
1,158 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Myself and husband have just got back from an 11night stay here for our wedding anniversary. We were greeted warmly on arrival and were upgraded to a sea veiw suite at no extra cost. All staff from reception, bar staff, animation team to the manager who walked round daily to see if we were ok were so lovely and friendly towards us throughout our stay. Rooms were beautiful and cleaned every day, food was amazing and lots of choice. I am a vegetarian and I never struggled to find something to eat which sometimes i do on holiday it was all delicious. As the waiting staff began to recoqnise us they would provide our table ready with our drinks waiting for us! The location of the hotel is beautiful and everything you could need or want is close by. We had a wonderful holiday and a very memorable 1st wedding anniversary and it was all thanks to the wonderful staff and animation team that are at this amazing hotel. Thank you to everyone who made are time at the saphir palace so special.

Room Tip: sea veiw suites are beautiful and nice and quiet considering they are facing the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holly H
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Recently I got back home from this 5 star luxury hotel. I've spent there 9 unforgettable days and nights!

I have to admit, food was really good and fresh in hotel. There were lots of fruits and vegetables. So, all of it goes well with my special diet.

Hotel beach worked perfectly! It was clean, quiet and filled by service of the best lifeguards ever. I want to thank specially Sassy, Seif and Tara for their care and great attitude!

So, i would recommend this city and hotel for the people who need rest from civilization and technologies.. Its impossible to come there and not take any from traditional Thalasso procedures, such as massage or seaweeds wrap. My vacation refreshed me totally and now I'm full of energy and passion for life again! Thanks Saphir Palace and Hammamet for that!

Yaniya Lehto (room 416)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Yani4ka
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Just returned from a fab week at the Saphir Palace, and I have to say the staff who work here are the backbone to this hotel. Everyone says hello and smiles, you are not a number here, you are a welcomed guest. Everyday for lunch & dinner our table in the courtyard was ready with red wine breathing and white wine in the ice bucket, the service was excellent from Kamel our waiter who really looked after us. Breakfast was a bit hit & miss with the tea & coffee but they will eventually get it to you. The rooms, beautiful & clean, the bar staff excellent, the chefs fab, even the pasta chef made my husband a spicy special pasta dish several times .All the food was beautifully presented and very tasty. All in all a really lovely week away, everyone seemed very focused on making sure we have a good time & we did. Thank you to all staff at the Saphir you made my week so special. x x

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tracey009
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just got back from Iberostar Saphir palace, although the holiday wasn't awful it was far from worth the money. Paid £600 for 6 days which is why I found it so disappointing, its not as if I booked a 3* for £400.

Don't normally write a review or take much notice of them but this is really not a good all inclusive hotel.

GOOD............ The rooms are very nice and clean, pool not too busy always got a sunbed and hotel reception looked nice enough.

Bad............ one small restaurant with not enough staff hardly ever sat at a clean table, even though staff work very hard there is too many managers walking around giving out orders to over worked staff. I know all inclusive hotels are repetitive with food but no effort was made here to try and break it up a little. It was the smallest selection of food I have ever seen for a big hotel.

Drinks are rubbish they have about 5 branded drinks on the shelf which they don't use, the rest are just liquors. Cherry brandy and coke was just a cherry flavouring to the coke. The inside bar staff have no personality what so ever! Habib from the outside pool was good though at least he smiled and tried to make your holiday nice. The bar area was the lobby and at night everyone sat like they was waiting for transfers.one night I went to the bar about 11.55pm for my last drinks and they had already packed up which they did most nights about 11.30 even though bar is opened till 12.00. I did manage to get a drink after a lil argument but then when I got back to my table they turned all lights off leaving a few tables sat in the dark with just reception light on. I put lamp back on and they cut whole mains off. Pool bar opened at 10.00 but was never stocked up so for a bout an hour most days no one would be serving.

Pool was freezing no one really went in but I think that was the breeze.

Entertainment team are nice enough guys but un experienced. They just messed around to make people laugh but wouldn't call it entertaining. karaoke night was old French men singing slow songs while grabbing there wife up for a slow dance. I am 26 my fella is 33 and we went with a couple mid 40s honestly night time really lets the place down massively. Normally all inclusive hotels have different rooms and hotel designed for it, but definitely not this one.

Beach is so dirty camel poo everywhere and dirty nappies.

If your an animal lover I think its disgusting how they treat them outside the hotel, I know they are only trying to make money but the horse and carts are on the streets all day till early hours in the night. Horses are so skinny and didn't look good on there legs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kelly b
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Saphir Palace & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting the IBEROSTAR Saphir Palace for your vacation, as well as for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

Further on, we regret your disappointment mattering our meals and drinks, our intention being that guests can enjoy our passion for gastronomy which is one of the most important attractions of our company.
We took good note of your comment related to our lobby bar and clearly the service that night was not up to our usual standards, this is why we informed our management in order to have a control on this matter.
On the other hand, it is very enjoyable to read you felt comfortable in the room we accommodated you in. It is our goal to provide comfortable and spotless accommodation in unbeatable locations and we thank you for letting us know that you were satisfied with yours.

Last but not least, thank you for your nice mention regarding Habib from the pool, we will certainly pass on your comment as he will be happy to know that he contributed to your well-being whilst staying among us.
We hope you had a nice journey back home and to may welcome you again in our hotels over the world and would suggest that for any future holiday planning, you contact our call center where we can help you choosing the destination, hotel type and accommodation that best fits your needs and wishes.

Best Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We have recently returned from the Saphir Palace, we travelled with our sixteen year old son. We were made very welcome on arrival and had a suite room number 417, this was large and spacious and spotlessly clean, we had wonderful view of the beach too. The food was very good and always different choices daily, the drinks were all branded names and the wine was good. We ate outside on the terrace for every meal and the tables were laid with White linen table clothes for each meal, the waiter service was outstanding at all times, especially Bassen, who would have our table waiting with wine and water every lunch time and dinner time, on our last night he had laid a special table with a heart made from napkins and filled it with fresh flower petals a lovely end to our 7 day holiday. My son said this was one of the best holidays he had been on, he enjoyed getting involved with the animation team and Mario and his team were fantastic, my son played water polo, basket ball, archery and went to the gym and in between spent his time on wifi in the hotel foyer. I used the spa twice during my stay and the muscle massage was fantastic, felt very relaxed. The rooms were kept spotlessly clean at all times and always smelt fresh too. I would say that this hotel is more suitable for older children and adults, not suitable for young families with small children. There was a lovely beach and beach bar which belonged to the hotel and also a swim up pool bar in the hotel. We would definitely return to this hotel again, provided it was all inclusive.

• Stayed: June 2013