Medina Solaria & Thalasso
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$174
  • Beachfront
Saphir Palace & Spa(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$60
  • Pool
La Badira(Hammamet)
US$317
Travelocity
Hotel Club President(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$33
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$95
US$119
US$113
Travelocity
Hotel Diar Lemdina(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$95
US$73
  • Breakfast included
2,165 results
All reviewsanimation teamsea viewreception stafffantastic holidayspecial thankssaladvisited this hotelquad bikingchickenlunch and dinnerevening showssomething for everyonesolarismarinawaiterstunisiaentertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Our very good friends Pat and Trevor from Devon celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary with a three week stay at the Solaria. They arrived on the 9th May and unknown to them, we, Anne and Fred from Scotland, arrived on the 13th May for two weeks. There was a lot of laughter and fun when we surprised them at their lunch table with assistance from the wonderful staff in the restaurant. Our table was looked after by Karim who did a wonderful job of making sure we had everything we needed. He was the BEST!! We also had onion soup, which was delicious, served personally by the chef, a wonderful surprise and very much appreciated.
The hotel is very comfortable, clean and in a good situation for the beach and medina. Our room was cared for by a very cheery, smiling lady who one day left a beautiful red rose in a glass, nice touch.
I don't like to say it but there is an unfortunately.....our room overlooked the sea and the main road. You may think, that's nice but across the road are premises called Silver Beach and the noise coming from there is unbearable. The noise would start while on the beach around 11 o'clock in the morning and go on until about 9 o'clock at night. The ground was vibrating with this noise and I mean noise it was not music but annoying and repeating electronic sounds. We could not sit on our balcony. We did mention this at reception and we put a mention of this in the complaints book. We would love to return to this hotel and recommend it to friends BUT this we cannot do, not while that noise goes on across the street.
Apart from that our experience at the Solaria was very good.

Room Tip: Ask if that noise from across the street has been put to rest!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne R
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Just returned from 10 days al inclusive at the Solaria, we fount the hotel was clean and friendly with spacious bedrooms. The food was excellent with a great selection of meats, fish and pastas, the young men on the pasta stand were excellent and really friendly. We found most of the staff were friendly and polite without overdoing it, although there were a few who were being over friendly and becoming annoying, I believe this was done to secure their tips when people left, what they don't understand is they would have received a tip anyway due to the excellent hotel food and the friendliness of most of the other staff.
When we arrived we were advised there would be a welcome meeting at reception the next day (we assumed this would be our Thomas Cook rep) and were surprised not to be greeted by a Thomas Cook rep but one which I believe was organised by the hotel or some other organisation, however very little information on the resort was supplied but lots of info about trips and the hard sell, this continued during the rest of our stay. The lady who cleaned our room was excellent and very helpful during a small bought of sickness.
I wish I could say I would return to this hotel but until the hard sell and the overbearing staff are controlled by the hotel I think it will be a no and that's a shame.

Room Tip: Sea View best
4  Thank Fourpensioners
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Medina Solaria & Thalasso, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for us to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us in Iberostar Solaria. We work hard with illusion and enthusiasms improving our services and facilities to make our guest feel welcome.

We will certainly take into our consideration and we will be attentive to the behavior of the trip staff so as to avoid situations that lead us away from the goal.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the cleanliness in your room and felt so well attended to by our staff. Thank very much for your positive comments regarding our cuisine and the amiability of our staff both elements are of prime importance to Iberostar. For us is very important that our guest feel welcome.

Comments like yours help us to keep focus on customer satisfaction and fulfillment of our hotel standards. Thank you for highlighting out the personal service and friendliness of our staff as well our outstanding cuisine and varied gastronomy.

We will certainly continue working to improve your next experience with us.
Once again, we would like to thank you for your motivating words.

Kindest regards,

Online Reputation Manager
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed 30 May 2012

From the moment we we arrived to a wonderful welcome and cocktail from Moez we knew we were in for a lovely holiday. The hotel is very clean and our room wes gorgeous with a wonderful view over the beach and the marina to the left. The buffet had plenty of choice and the waiters were first class, they managed to make every guest feel special. The bar staff were wonderful and as they got to know you were able to have a drink in front of you immediately, it didn't take them long to learn mine was rose wine. There was a very good choice of all inclusive drinks. The pool and pool bar lovely livened up by the wonderful team of star friends who even if you didn't want to join in were always willing to have friendly chats and banter, well done team. We are beac h people so spent most of our days there, thanks Mohammed for rushing over with a sun bed as soon as we appeared. The beach peddlars abit of a pain but just say no as I did so someone tell me how I ended up coming home with 8 sarongs!!! I could mention many staff who made our holiday good but it is easier to say who didn't. Nobody! I would certainly return and once again it is staff who can make or break a holiday and once again iberostar comes up trumps. Thankyou all.

Room Tip: Corner suites are lovely can be noisy at night if window left open but we didn't mind worth it for the lovely view and space.
2  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I purchased this trip for a small group of friends and myself. What a treat. I was not expecting the standard I received and have nothing but praise for the hotel and it's staff.
Everyone was exceptionally friendly, polite and courteous. I think that because I made the effort to speak friench, they were even nicer to me. Thanks Malek!
The hotel is clean, nicely spaced out with everything easily accessible.
My only negative comments are that the gym is not worth using, with minimal equipment and no air conditioning.
Also, the mini bar in the room should have been stocked with at least a bottle of water, but this was not filled at all during my stay.
The food is out of this world. By far, the best all inclusive food I've had, beating many caribbean hotels!!!
All in all, a superb hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kerry W
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We had a lovely week at this hotel. Very clean, good location, food good.
We ate out most nights but not beacuse the hotel food was bad but because we fancied seeing what was about and just getting out of the hotel. The beach is GORGEOUS!
I would recommend walking round the resort in the morning rather than the afternoon as we didnt get much hassle in the morning but the afternoon was awful! The Medina isnt as bad as people make out if you are firm.
Would recommend using the Dine Around feature if you can. We dined in 2 other restaurants and thought it was brilliant!
We took the opportunity to visit the spa in the hotel and we loved it!! The sauna was however VERY hot but we still enjoyed it!
The only complaints I have about the hotel are: The drinks were ok but I struggled to find something i really enjoyed drinking as the coctails were poor!
The one time we dined in the evening at the hotel we were given a review card to fill out and as per the comment below we were made to feel very uncomfortable about what we wrote. We were approached by the entertainment team, bar staff, chefs and the bellboy saying we must give them excellent as the get extra pay. They watched over our shoulders whilst we filled the card out. In most cases we did feel the service was excellent but to feel pressured into putting this on the card rather than being honest is wrong and uncomfortable for guests!! They should put the comment card under rom doors and let customers fill them out annonomously! Waste of time if the hotel are basing their imporovemnts on these cards!
The animation team were fab, but watch out for the surprise waterboms they pop over your head as the water soaked my book, phone and ipod.
Despite the few minor hiccups we really enjoyed out holiday and would recommend it.
If I personally were to return however i would return to the Iberostar Chich Khan as the service in this hotel was amazing. We used the hotel a lot as we had friends staying there. We didnt have to order drinks there, the waiter bought them over and topped them up every 30 mins! The hotel had a nice atmosphere too! I personally preferred it to the Solaria but they are both nice!
Lastly its useful to know that all your money should be spent out there and if you have any to change back the airport charges 33% commission!!! You cannot take this currency back to the UK, so spend it all in Tunisia or just change small amounts of money as you need it. Enjoy!!

4  Thank sarah g