One thing that sets this hotel apart is the abundance of space and how well it's filled. There is no centre were everyone congregates in the evening, there are 10-odd places - all of which had enough people to be interesting without being crowded or bar queues. The same during the day - you could spend the whole morning at the pool with slides, or the beach, or the main pool and feel at a completely different place. And that's ignoring the multitude of non-pool places you can go.
Kids club is good - our 6yo will remember the banana boat and treasure hunt but missed the archery. The main disappointment for him was the lack of English children but that was because it was a German holiday week rather than a UK one.
Food was as good as you can get on a buffet... put it this way, we never bothered with the other restaurants - the buffet just seemed to have too many good things. I particularly looked forward to their seared fish but always tried as much as I could. Even the lunch buffet kept on surprising. The 'Welcome Night' (sunday?) is definitely the one to miss though - try another place on that night.
The entertainment staff were top-notch without being pushy. My favourite part was the mountain biking - I've never seen that on holiday before and I ended up doing it 3 times.
The cleaner we had always smiled and we returned to our room with "sheet origami" decorated with flowers everyday.
Excellent wifi in the room - important as I thought I needed it to watch England Rugby but Sky was on the room telly.
In all - large grounds full of stuff to do, excellent food... I'm really struggling to find a bad point. Ah, I remember - after breakfast and before lunch we were literally without food for half an hour, I'm not sure how we struggled through that bleak period everyday. Top Tip - take a watch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect holidays for families. The club is located close to Hammamet. From here it is just a short 'shuttle-jump' to the two golf courses around 15km from the Club. The golf clubs offer fairways and greens in olive groves, tree lined hills and cliff landscapes. The star architect, Ronald W. Fream, has come up with some fantastic ideas for you.This club is an enchanting resort with large gardens in a setting of 50,000m2. There is one main Hotel with a number of apartments with a total of 300 rooms. It is situated at the seafront and approx. 65km from Tunis airport and 80km from Monastir Airport, 15km from the centre of Hammamet and approx. 25km from Nabeul. Transfer time: approx. 1 hour to Tunis and 90 minutes to Monastir. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tui Magic Life Africana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Magic Life Africana Imperial Hotel Hammamet
- Magic Life Africana Imperial Hammamet