“Do not cater for English”

Hotel Club President
Ranked #23 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Do not cater for English”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This a very nice hotel, my friend and I have just returned from there. We was disappointed to find that we were the only English there and the entertainment was good when is was the animation team dancing etc, but when they done comedy acts etc this wasn't in English so we was unable to understand. On the 1st day I had a bad fall on a broken step, the staff on reception didn't understand me. However, later I retuned as I was still in discomfort and then found one member of staff who did speak English, who then gave me some aid. At first we tried to get a rep to move us only to find there wasn't an English speaking rep so we gave up the battle and made the best of it. Some staff were quite rude to us as they didnt understand, however a few days into our stay some staff became more welcoming.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank sharonewen77
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Dear Guest

I read your comment, and I have to say that we have actually few people of the staff speaking good English.This is the first year that we have English speaking guest, we want to improuve that and we'll get more people speaking English in a short time.
All the staff is very polite but it's true that sometimes you can find a problem of communication.Concerning the shows we do the maximum for having un international "ambiance".
Your comment well'be very usefull for us.

Giuseppe Carlini Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sofia, Grad Sofiya, Bulgaria
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed at hotel Le President for a week from 28.08-04.09. It was excactly what i have expected . The hotel is 3* so when you pay for 3* don't expect 5 *... The most importnat thing that all should know is that the hotel have 2 parts - chambers and main building. When you make your reservation, be sure that you will be in the main building. The chambers need renovation and in my own opinion are awful. The hotel's main building is ok - our room had sea view and pool view, they cleaned it every day. You should know that the hotel is a bit old so do not expect fashion furniture ot new bathrooms :) The food is ok - a great variety of all kind of meals and there is always pizza and pasta if you don't like anything else. There is a bar opened from 10 a.m. till 23 p.m. with many drinks and coctails which are included in the all incl. program. The animation in this hotel is awesome - every night different shows, the animators are great young people, we always stayed and watched the program. The beach is more than perfect - white sand, clean beach, crystal wather - just perfect! The 4 pools, two of them are for kids, are nice - one is very noisy and the other is quiet. There is a nice garden when you can have a rest :)

Room Tip: you should choose a room in the main building not in the chambers because the chambers are very, ver...
Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
12 Thank Angel_sss
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear Guests
Thank you so much for your comments.
The whole staff wish you all the best.
The management of the Hotel Club President
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

After reading all the lovely reviews and thinking back to the vast majority of our holiday I am almost reluctant to write this review but I must so here goes.

The hotel is nice, it is 3 star and that is exactly what you get. I am sure that the updated rooms are lovely but we stayed in a very basic room where the finishes were not good, our toilet leaked throughout the 2 week holiday and though I know for a fact that they sent someone to our room 3 times to fix it they were never able to so our bathroom floor was always wet and slippery. The balcony handrail was dangerously loose but it was not fixed (room 324) Water pressure falls to next to nothing between 5 and 7pm so time your evening shower well. On the up side the room was cleaned daily and the sheets and towels were changed regularly.

Make sure you take currency with you as neither the hotel nor the local banks will change traveller's cheque's. You CANNOT change traveller's cheque's in the bureux de change down the road and not at any of the other hotels locally, if you are not resident in a hotel they are not permitted to change your traveller's cheque's

On the whole the food was always delicious and there was plenty of choice, only people who are really fussy would find it difficult to find something to eat and if that is the case can I suggest you holiday in Benidorm where they cater really well for the burger and chips brigade.

The Animation team were a delight on the whole but I did find Moreno's attitude a little ignorant on the one occasion I spoke to him and he constantly interrupted me. Salem was lovely as were Yasmin and the nice lad who's name escapes me but said "sabotage" a lot. Great bunch of young people, who work long hours for probably not much pay. They made our holiday fun. Thank You all.

On the down side from a British tourists point of view, there is nobody to talk to as 90% of the guests at this hotel are French 8% are Italian and 1.75% are Russian, leaving 0.25% for other nationalities, British being one of them. If, like us, this doesn't bother you that's fine but it is something to bear in mind when booking. If you are a non smoker this may not be the holiday hotel for you are the main body of guests and staff are smokers, even though you spend most of the day and evening outside you will still end up inhaling second hand smoke every day, also smoking is permitted in the bar.

A lot of the other guests during our stay were very inconsiderate by returning to their rooms in the early hours singing and shouting in the corridors, also parents allowing their children to shout and scream in the corridors on their way to breakfast, sometime before 7am.

I was surprised to see that, though the pool area is lovely, despite there being some broken tiles and uneven areas around the pool, they do not sweep and wash down every morning as they do at other hotels,(around the sun loungers) thus leaving debris from the day before and from the trees that are constantly shedding around the pool area. Be aware also that in the deep end of the noisy pool (there are 2 pools) there is only one ladder to exit and enter. If you have children who want to play water polo during your stay, please watch them as the older teenagers and sometimes the adults will think nothing of holding another player under the water to get the ball, my son had a terrifying experience when some boys held him under for a long time even after he had released the ball, my advice would be if your child is not a strong swimmer or under 13 years old don't let them play as though this is supposed to be a supervised activity there are a lot of pretty young French girls around to distract the supervising adult.

Finally I must say that though the holiday from our point of view was a success, with fantastic weather and lovely helpful staff we will not be returning to Le President, why? because my son and I came home with a tan but my husband came home with E-Coli. He became unwell on Thursday 23 August on the 11th day of our holiday, we had not eaten or drunk anything that had not been prepared in the hotel and I had to drive directly from the airport to the hospital, such was his pain. Our local public health board are in possession of the facts and are investigating whilst trying to locate any other cases. If you too have been ill, please mention it in your review as this is a very serious case and my husband could have died. He is thankfully much recovered now and will hopefully continue to improve.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room with a sea view
3 Thank mamievan
Dear Guest
Thank you for having written to Trip Advisor.
I check all your information and i'm glad to read all the positives things that you mentioned.
For what concern food I must say that we never realated one single problem linked to safety.
We have as well
the certificate "Food Check Crystal" that prouve that food is really safe.
Thank you for having chosen Hotel Club President for your holidays.
The management
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My family of 16 just arrived back to London from Le president.

First positives which out weigh the negatives
Entertainment was brilliant, something for everyone the playboy show was so funny Moreno we have your 'amore' here you are so funny, thank you Junior, Hamza, Salem, Omar and Yasmine the kids were so happy you guys are the best.
Food - the food was lovely and delicious something for everyone, wish there was icecream for the kids during the day but we could buy icecream for a small cost from the hotel shop. Also would have been nice for the food labels to be in English because I could not tell if it was beef or lamb, chicken or turkey, However. the food was well marinated and tasted good gratis to the chefs. Also we did not get the chance to have bbq.
drinks were average the breakfast juice was nice and cold and coffee was always hot.
Rooms were basic but cleaned everyday, clean towels I had the updated room (313) which was nice, the rest of the family did not have the same updated rooms but did not mind as they were not there to stay in their rooms.
Beach was lovely and clean I did not expect it to be so close lots to do at the beach. The kids went to the waterpark which was quite expensive but they loved it.
Staff were friendly, the manager was always available asking if we were fine thank you Guiseppee and you have a lovely voice.
The bar staff were very moody and were choosy on who to give cold water and rude to kids.

Overall, we had a lovely time and will definetly book to come for Summer 2013 hope we will all get updated rooms with seaview, thank you to all staff at Le President Hotel and see you next year

Room Tip: ask for updated room if you do not like carpet, sea view rooms are very nice to wake up to the sea c...
5 Thank Michellm7
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Guests
Thank you so much for your comments.
It was a real pleasure to share some moments with such nice and elegant people as your family.
Gistel, Belgium
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Booking a hotel is always waiting and sees with your own eyes and experience. Our stay at Hotel Club President was perfect.
Arrival almost at midnight. Very friendly and professional welcome.
Bar was already closed and could drink only against payment in the nightclub by a rechargeable card from the hotel. For the price you should definitely not leave it. Room 526 was very clean and equipped with basic needs, air-conditioning worked perfectly. Every day more than enough towels and the bed were made up with decorations and sometimes with flowers.
All In Formula is excellent and includes a broad selection of beverages. You are in Tunisia; expand your limits to the kitchen of the country.
Breakfast plenty of choice for everyone, eggs, sausages, croissants, cereals...
Lunch and dinner:. You'll definitely never come with the hunger of the table. There are always different choices. Meat, fish, pasta, pizza and vegetables. Plenty of desserts - including ice cream ,fruit. Will you not drink from a plastic cup ask a glass.
The hotel has a team responsible for the daytime and evening entertainment. Every evening, enjoyed the shows. Respect for the dancers who brought Dance off the Lord - you are almost as great. Republic Day was beautiful. Keep it up!
Ask me a lot of questions about the guests and their negative reviews about their expectations when booking a 3 stars hotel . From me they get 4 stars
Thanks to the entire staff to make our stay so enjoyable by your kindness and professionalism.
Director, you doning a excellent job! We hope to visit the hotel again.
Flemish greetings Peter and Helga
stay of 1.08 to 24.07 Room 526

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Helga P
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your comments, it will be a great pleasure to welcome you one more time at the hotel.
Giuseppe Carlini Manager
And the whole staff..... say you once more thank you.
Severodvinsk, Russia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I'm from Russia - a rest with my daughter at this hotel. Great hotel, great animators. Many programs - sports, dancing, games. Restaurant with delicious dishes. In September, we'll go back here to rest

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Maya638
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your comments and see you soon .
Sincerely
United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Went here on 29th to 5th august so thought i would write this while it was all still fresh in my mind. Travelling were myself, my sister and my son who is 6yrs old, we were all inclusive board basis. Our transfer from Enfida was about 50mins via shared shutle bus. Had 2 wait for room to be ready at 12 noon, watch out for the lift doors as they close very quickly and my son was stuck in there with me on the outside till we wised up and decided to always use the stairs. Room was basic NO HAIRDRYER and we didnt take one! Tv had only CNN that we could watch and understand, beds linen was clean and towels changed daily. However rooms very tired and dated, patio door didnt lock at all and the air con to our room was good when it worked, most of the time it dripped water down the mirror onto the dressing table ( not sure if water and electrical equipment should mix? ) Money can be changed at reception but at times that suit them which is usually after 4pm. Safety deposit box is 14 dinars and its a good idea to hire towels for the beach etc at 10 dinars for your stay which is refunded. Food was quite poor this hotel is suited to continental tastes, the germans, russians and french who must like to eat olives tomato and cabbage for breakfast, my son lived on crusty bread and butter, i did feel sorry for him only once did they serve chips. Overall food is bland and monotonous same thing every day, drinks are shocking no fresh juice just fizzy really orange pop and cola, we only had the bottled water, i had to go a whole week without a hot drink as i always found the milk to be sour tasting. Flies on food quite shocking, croissants and pizza left in bar areas uncovered, no icecreams for kids during the day or snacks likes crisps etc. Pool area is good but health and safety leave alot to be desired, i watched my son at all times as lifeguard was more interested in chatting that actually watching the pool. On photos it luooks like the private beach is reached via a small bamboo lined track, this is not the case and you have to cross the main road to reach it, once there it is fabulous i must say, water warm and sand soft and lovely, tiny wood hut on beach offers some plastic cups of pop. No shops or restaurants in the local area, water park opposite hotel is a death trap with one guy cutting his elbow on a sharp piece of the ride ( look for yourself and you will see how decrpid and run down it looks) . We were there for a week and i must say im now pleased to be home, it was definately long enough< oh and watch out for the waiters and bar staff if they eye you up its to ask you 2 have coffee with them after work, ha my sister whos alot younger than me got 2 marriage proposal lol. Anyway I may be too picky but this is my honest thorts on Le President, thanks for reading and hope you can gain some useful information from it

Angela

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of hotel away from entertainment areas wll be quieter, our room looking out to po...
4 Thank AngelaYUnitedKingdom
I read your comments.
I found some good information to improve our service.
However i must remind you that we are a 3* hotel and i think that the services in the room are suitable (LCD tv, single air conditionned, safe...).
Concerning food all our products are fresh, we organise every day show cooking with a large choice.
I want as well remind that
for us every guest deserves the same respect.
Anyway thank you again for having taken the time to write us.
Sincerely