Hotel Club President
Medina Solaria & Thalasso(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$220
US$103
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Hammamet Garden Resort & Spa(Hammamet)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$40
Hotel Bel Azur(Hammamet)
US$104
US$84
1,768 results
All reviewsanimation teambar staffown opinionlunch and dinnerfood was lovelyfriendly hotelthe general managerplenty of choicefamily hotelhotel facilitieswould recommend this hotel to anyonebeautiful countryfab holidayrooms were cleanedcouscouscant waitsalad
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Firstly we are a couple both aged 27. My partner and I are both fairly well traveled, not overly fussy about accommodation nor do we like to slum it. Both fairly average people like you. My partner is a psychology teacher and I am a Hospitality & Catering NVQ assessor. I hope my profession and experience throws some weight to our reviews, I feel that my reviews on tripadvisor should be fair as I expect a certain level of hospitality but also understand the pressures of working within the industry.

I say all of this boring background stuff because some people just love to moan and some people just love anything if they are away from work. So I hope that you can gauge your own feelings on this hotel based on our background and review compared to your expectations.

Firstly we booked on lowcostholidays and paid 550 each for 2 weeks all inclusive including transfers, which to be fair was pretty cheap!

Rooms - We found our room perfectly clean (we are not the type to stick our heads behind the toilet to look for pubes and take pictures) It was absolutely fine, of good size and had everything you would need on an all inclusive break.

Facilities - It appears to be a predominantly French hotel with a smattering of Russians, we met 2 families of English people at the hotel in 2 weeks. We don't really care who else is staying at the hotel but if it does bother you bear in mind that most of the staff speak very little English and tend to just ignore you or avoid you unless you speak French or Russian. There is a small shop with ice creams, tack, crisps, water, postcards etc. There are some arcade games for kids and a pool table. There are 2 outdoor swimming pools which are well kept and we enjoyed them. The main pool immediately outside the door is where the animation team operate during the day (We hate the whole inclusive games, dancing and singing thing! The animation team are very pushy, loud and relentless who will not leave you alone even if you make it clear your not interested so go to the other pool!) Entertainment in the evening is energetic and seemed fun.....if your French! We don't like that sort of thing anyway but if you do its all in French.

Outside of the hotel - The beach was the saving grace for this holiday. The hotel has allocated spots over the road on the beach. You don't have to pay for sunbeds and surprisingly there were loads of them! We did not struggle at all for 2 weeks to get a bed. The beach was pure sand and really clean. As for things to do close to the hotel there are only a handful of shops and restaurants, so unless you plan to sit by the hotel pool or beach for 2 weeks and never deviate its pretty dull. The shop owners are extremely pushy! we wanted to buy some gifts but the shop workers put us off completely. Restaurants all have almost identical menus within the local area. Taxi drivers will rip you off and use the language barrier as an excuse even when you make it clear when you get in or ask for a receipt as I did.

Reading back on my review it probably seems like I have moaned a lot. But as far as the hotel goes; the rooms are fine and what you would expect for the price you pay, pools are nice and clean but stay away from the main pool if you want to relax, food is fine and as an ex-chef not rubbish and not amazing. The guy who does your shisha's is very nice, other bar staff generally quite rude and selection of drinks is poor and tasted watery. Guy who sells flowers is really nice make sure you buy from him.

Outside of the hotel people are (in our experience but maybe unlucky) very pushy, rude, and anti-British (we got told it was our fault that the middle east conflict was going on).

We liked our holiday as we were looking for 2 weeks in the sun to forget about work, read and swim occasionally so most of the stuff I mentioned did not bother us particularly. I would recommend the hotel just for the beach and acceptable rooms for what we paid.

Please send me a message if you want particulars, I would be happy to elaborate on any areas because we know how annoying it is to spend your hard earned money on a holiday you didn't enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank kevtorq
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Guests
Thank you so much for your comments.
I can find lot of information that are very useful to improve the hotel.

With the next opening the whole staff will give a particular attention for all the English speaking guests.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Our trip didn't start off the best as we arrived late due to our flight being delayed, they took us to our room which ended up being a room with three single beds, we requested a different room as we had booked a room with a Sea view and double bed! We were moved straight away but the second room had not been cleaned and we found someones dirty knickers in the bathroom! The manager immediately went to look for an alternative room but could not find one - we were told that one would be available the next day when guests were checking out - so we had to stay in the triple room for a night - the room in itself was with the villas and was extremely spacious and clean.
The next day we went to reception, explained what had happened and the Manager on duty was extremely apologetic, he advised that we could have a room in the Villas or for a small surcharge could move to the main hotel - we opted to stay in the main hotel!
We were given a selection of 8 different rooms, chose which one we wanted and what can I say - we were extremely happy. The room was clean, spacious, bright and had an amazing sea view with a balcony!
The experience from here just got better and better - we forgot our travel adaptor - the hotel staff did everything they could to get us one - they went so far as travelling to the nearest market town to buy us a couple. Anything we needed that wasn't available - Jameel from the shop would find it for us!
The animation team were fantastic - Mourad did everything possible to make us feel at home! Different shows every night, dance lessons, competitions - but the seating gets packed quickly.
The restaurant staff really go out of their way for you - Ali deserves a special mention!!! The food was always different and absolutely delicious, the only concern was that my wife is a vegetarian and we had to be very careful as sometimes the food (even though labelled as vegetarian) contained meat - but there was always a wide selection!
Drinks - big variety and always flowing! The bar was always fully stocked and shisha was always available - a special mention to Mongi who went and bought us the flavour that we wanted (that wasn't available at the Hotel). The club, though small, was great - played fantastic music and the drinks were great!
If you want to take time to exercise then the water aerobics was fantastic too.
The beach was a short walk across the road and shade and loungers available for all hotel residents.
Most of the residents were French/Russian/Polish so the tours catered for them, we found it difficult to find a tour that was English speaking - so word of advice - book one before you travel. The Hotel staff did find us a private tour with an English speaking guide - it was well worth it and a special present for my beautiful wife!
The spa facilities were questionable - a small hut with two rooms though the staff were very polite and helpful!
The staff advised us of a Market that sold goods at a much lower price than the surrounding shops so we caught a taxi there and we found some fantastic deals - word of advice - do not believe everything that the market traders tell you - some of the shops in the marker area will sell to you at a better price!
Games area - overflowing with children at even the latest of hours, who invited themselves into our Pool games - not good!
Overall the hotel was fantastic, great location and the staff were extremely helpful and polite! We opted for the All-inclusive - which was worth every penny - no need to go to the surrounding restaurants - who by the way will rip you off!!!

Room Tip: We paid an extra £30 (for a two week stay) at reception and were moved to the main Hotel to a Sea View room and wow what a difference it made!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WS71
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Dear Guests
Thank you for your comments.
I am pleased to know that despite some initial difficulties you appreciated your stay.
We would be happy to welcome you again

Reviewed 26 September 2012

i stayed in the hotel chambers and found them all right. no hair dryers though, air con was great , rooms cleaned daily, i found the food was good but breakfast was limited, all others meals had a good choice and kept clean, pool areas are good as theres a quiet and noiser one, bar staff are abit moody but animation was brillant, it was different every night and was funny and colourfull. bit of a problem with no english speaking people or staff, moreno helped us with some of the language differcult,s so he was fab and made are holiday more enjoyable . well done moreno. would of liked to stay in contact with moreno if only to say thank you. if possible pass on my facebook to moreno please. mandy burton x

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank mandy b

Dear Guest
First of all sorry for the delay I responds to your comment.
Thank you for the compliments.
About the lack of English speaking staff you are right.
We'll do the necessary this season to improve this situation.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

This a very nice hotel, my friend and I have just returned from there. We was disappointed to find that we were the only English there and the entertainment was good when is was the animation team dancing etc, but when they done comedy acts etc this wasn't in English so we was unable to understand. On the 1st day I had a bad fall on a broken step, the staff on reception didn't understand me. However, later I retuned as I was still in discomfort and then found one member of staff who did speak English, who then gave me some aid. At first we tried to get a rep to move us only to find there wasn't an English speaking rep so we gave up the battle and made the best of it. Some staff were quite rude to us as they didnt understand, however a few days into our stay some staff became more welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank sharonewen77
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear Guest

I read your comment, and I have to say that we have actually few people of the staff speaking good English.This is the first year that we have English speaking guest, we want to improuve that and we'll get more people speaking English in a short time.
All the staff is very polite but it's true that sometimes you can find a problem of communication.Concerning the shows we do the maximum for having un international "ambiance".
Your comment well'be very usefull for us.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed at hotel Le President for a week from 28.08-04.09. It was excactly what i have expected . The hotel is 3* so when you pay for 3* don't expect 5 *... The most importnat thing that all should know is that the hotel have 2 parts - chambers and main building. When you make your reservation, be sure that you will be in the main building. The chambers need renovation and in my own opinion are awful. The hotel's main building is ok - our room had sea view and pool view, they cleaned it every day. You should know that the hotel is a bit old so do not expect fashion furniture ot new bathrooms :) The food is ok - a great variety of all kind of meals and there is always pizza and pasta if you don't like anything else. There is a bar opened from 10 a.m. till 23 p.m. with many drinks and coctails which are included in the all incl. program. The animation in this hotel is awesome - every night different shows, the animators are great young people, we always stayed and watched the program. The beach is more than perfect - white sand, clean beach, crystal wather - just perfect! The 4 pools, two of them are for kids, are nice - one is very noisy and the other is quiet. There is a nice garden when you can have a rest :)

Room Tip: you should choose a room in the main building not in the chambers because the chambers are very, very old and need renovation!
Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank Angel_sss
benezzeddine, Directeur général at Hotel Club President, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Guests
Thank you so much for your comments.
The whole staff wish you all the best.
The management of the Hotel Club President