“Great holiday, excellent staff would definitely return.”
Review of Club Med Hammamet

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hammamet
Club Med Hammamet
Ranked #60 of 117 Hotels in Hammamet
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great holiday, excellent staff would definitely return.”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

This was our first summer club med, having done skiing last year.
I was really impressed with the accommodation, food, staff and facilities. Fred was an excellent chef de village, multi-talented (made a great john Lennon) and appeared to be everywhere at the same time. Momo ran an impressive sailing area, and his staff were great. The whole family really enjoyed the catamarans.
For someone with no willpower, mealtimes were difficult as the food was brilliant, well presented and it was difficult to stop eating!
Our rooms were immaculate and we had no issues with cleanliness.
The GO's were very enthusiastic and good fun.
Any issues?
I think it is advantageous to speak at least some French, some of the GO's English was not quite as good as others. Nevertheless, Club Med is French and as I like speaking French it wasn't a problem for us.
My only gripe is nothing to do with Club Med but the extraordinarily aggressive porters at Tunis Carthage airport snatching cases out of your hands in order to get their tip. Whilst I appreciate this is their livelihood, they were so unpleasant about it there was no incentive to pay them at all.
Other than this a great holiday, highly recommended

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I went to Club Med Hammamet with my girlfriend during the opening week, and everything was perfectly up and running!
Our room was beautiful, cozy, and fresh.
The food was deliciously varied, with a daily theme.
We had a go at almost everything: the pool(s), the beach, catamaran lessons, circus trapeze, tennis, archery, the spa, water aerobics, etc. and there is simply nothing to say besides that they were either great new experiences, or fun to redo.
The kids of all ages (from toddlers to teenagers) seemed to be having such a great time in their Clubs... and their parents probably too without them!
Two fun things we did outside of the Club Med but right on the beach were a camel ride and a two-persons parachute ride pulled by a boat!
And last but definitely not least: the GOs. They were all so great and fun at what they do. Sure, there were a few rookies, but they'll be confident in no time! Fred, the "chef du village", is a very nice and funny guy, and a mind-blowing magician as well!
We honestly do not understand all these negative reviews. I'm guessing a lot of changes have been made for this new opening season.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Heneaux
UK
Reviewed 24 October 2010

First impressions were good - we arrived at around 11.30pm and the buffet restaurant was opened with friendly staff and service. The food was adequate given the time of day. Luggage was delivered to the room for us and all was clean. Never having done an all inclusive package we didn't quite know what to expect. Things went downhill from the second day. The quantity of food was vast yet the buffet arrangement was frantic and there was so much wastage with greedy people taking far more than they ate - plates of food left on tables were evidence enough of this. The same applied for all meals as well as the open bar. You would think the children ( lots of them by the way) would be the main culprits but frankly the parents were simply setting a bad example. The food hall was vast and te seating arrangements made it seem like a school canteen. The only saving grace was that plates etc were cleared usually with a degree of efficiency.

Unfortunately both my wife and myself succumbed to a bug - vomiting and diarrhoea - which is still with us on our return home some 5 -6 days after it started. We weren't alone. Of course the majority of people had a great holiday and a small number of people falling ill is probably not treated as serious. However the meal arrangements and the fact that much of the food is standing around for a couple of hours ( with flies in abundance) was a worrying aspect and hot food dishes were often not hot even at the point of service. The quality of the food was also very variable - It was noticable that the best choice was presented on the very last evening (cynical thinking ) - unfortunatley I was unable to eat anything by this time.So beware if you are thinking of this holiday. I had heard Club Med was the top of the league.. but I doubt I will holiday with them again.
If you enjoy being herded around and don't seek a little intimacy and peace then this location would be fine for you. My next break will be to a small intimate hotel with table service and fine food.

On a positive the staff were very friendly and enthusiastic, the range of activities quite good - the highlight was sailing - and for families the kids clubs seemd to be a hit.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank gb2cv
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Hammamet, responded to this review, 26 November 2010
We are sincerely sorry to read that you were dissatisfied with the standard of hygiene during your holiday in Hammamet. We can assure that Club Med takes whatever steps are necessary to ensure that a good standard of hygiene is maintained in all our Resorts and has for many years implemented a preventive health policy to ensure better protection of the individual and the community.

In this specific Resort, 93% of our customers stated they were satisfied or highly satisfied with the food offered on site this Summer. We are therefore very surprised to see this review but be sure that your complaint is taken very seriously and that we are constantly monitoring the standard of customer care in all our Resorts worldwide.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need to discuss this matter further at customer.uk@clubmed.com.

Best regards,
The Club Med team.
greathostie
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Just returned from this resort today with our two year old boy. We went last year around the same time and liked it so much we returned.
However, it seems as English (although I speak French) their seems to be a lack of information and an assumption that you know Club Meds rules and funny ways.
The staff were pleasant enough but we don't think they tried as hard as the ones in Beldi (we had been twice in 2008) which has an extra trident. Our son loved the entertainment at night and the three different pools were excellent for children of all ages.
The bungalows were a little dated but overall adequate. Beldi's accommodation was more basic.
Beach clean, just a shame that restaurant on beach didn't open until 1.45 and you can get bored of main restaurant.
Instructors of the various sports (especially archery) were a little impatient and made you feel like a bit of an idiot if you didn't pick it up too quickly.
We got our camera, phone and music player stolen from the room. Our cards/passports/cash were in the safe but as the room was locked all the time we didn't see a problem and they wouldn't have fiited in safe. We had gone to breakfast and came back in an hour and found them stolen. I thank the PR GO who took us to the police station to make a report and he couldn't have been more helpful, although there were other GOs who were found a little rude about this matter and didn't want us upsetting the other guests by mentioning it at reception. We didn't like it to ruin our holiday but future guests should be aware.We assumed that the grounds were very secure and security staff dotted everywhere.
Despite all of this I love Club Med and the fact that there is so much to do and such good care for the kids of all ages. On the whole the GOs try hard and are usually attentive. The weather is a little unpredictable at this time of year, though, and I think we would try another resort for a change next time. And our son is Club Meds biggest fan! Despite other reviews I have read the resort is well maintained, generally clean but may be a tiny bit dated.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank greathostie
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I probably had high expectations, I saw Club Med as the top of the top of the all inclusive resorts...but unfortunately it is well below average...
Location Good, Food dull and regular , service bad...specially in the beach activities... the shows horrible....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank mpremoli
Framlingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Club med delivers well on its all inclusive package at its Tunisian resort. The villa accommodation we had was very good, centrally located, looked to be recently refurbished and very comfortable. The bathroom was small but it had a powerful shower and served its purpose. The resort is well layed out and there were always plenty of sun beds and tables around the pool. There was always music around the pool which at times was loud and intrusive when aerobic classes were running. We preferred the beach where the sailing was good and the beach bar was handy for refreshments. It is a public beach but club med security was effective and we had no trouble with hawkers etc. The club has warnings on security at the beach but we found we could leave our valuables in the boxes at the sailing hut when we were swimming or sailing. There is always plenty of selection of food, good average quality and themed to provide different choices on each day of the week. This being a family resort did mean the dining area was generally noisy with many children running about the place. they do have a quiet room if you prefer but for us it was too quiet and we prefer the buzz of active restaurant. This is a French speaking resort and we only speak a little French to get by but the GOs make a lot of effort to speak english. The entertainment is predominantly French with some translation but it is enough to be able to follow events. Overall this resort is designed around familys with children and provides a good all round package. The GOs are exceptional, always friendly, helpful and add much fun and entertainment to the stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2010

After having had a great experience of Club Med in South America, I was expecting a relaxing and luxurious holiday at Hammamet Club Med in Tunisia. Unfortunately, this was not to be. My 2-week stay at Hammamet Club Med in August 2009 (two adults and a 7 year old) was a disappointment, and I left with the impression that I had been in an overpriced 3-star hotel with poor food and poor service.

The resort is big (for up to 1500 guests) and has pretty grounds that are well cared for. The pools are also big, but unfortunately there is no pool service and the drinks served in the bar are cheap and usually luke warm. There is also some fighting for space around the pools if you don’t arrive early enough in the morning!

The hotel room was big and fairly comfortable with good air-conditioning, but there was no fridge, so no cool water or other drinks in the room. Contrasting with the room, the bathroom was very small with mould in the tiny shower and shower curtain (!). The TV had mostly French, Italian and local channels, but also other international channels. The TV signal was on-and-off. I had a very polite and caring housekeeper who kept the room in order.

The cleanliness around the hotel was average, with a lot of wet floors that were not mopped dry, and staff asking you not to go to the pool bar if you were at all wet! (It's a pool bar, you're supposed to be wet!!!!!!)

The main restaurant would be better described as a big, very hot (no air conditioning or fans), and very noisy school dinner hall / canteen, with many children running around and up to 40 baby chairs in use during lunch or dinner. You, as the guest, have got to get your own cutlery and luke warm drinks, and to fight off stray cats that will jump on your plate when you are not paying attention (this is true!). The waiters are there solely to try to clear the tables, but they are overwhelmed by the volume of work, and every day there was an accident, with a waiter dropping a tray of plates (this is not an exaggeration!). There were no table cloths in sight, no dessert cutlery available, and no saucers for the teacups. Dining was not very classy at all…

(I only went to the main restaurant as the others were closed because of the heat (!).)

Breakfast was ordinary, with a very noisy environment, dirty tables, no teacups available (forget the saucer and teaspoon!) and only plastic cups for the industrialized ‘fruit’ juice.

There was no fine cuisine to be found! The food served in buffet style at lunch and dinnertime was mediocre and repetitive, especially the desserts that were all variations of the same theme - readymade tart bases with a custard-like cream and different types of sliced fruit on top. The themed nights were all very similar and there was no real festive atmosphere, so there was no point in following the proposed dress code for each evening (and most guests did not).

I guess the most absurd aspect of the dining arrangements is that the GOs, hotel employees that work with the hotel's recreational and sport activities, are obliged to eat with the guests at breakfast, lunch and dinnertime, and invite themselves to eat at your table… Nothing against the staff, generally quite friendly and pleasant, but this is just an absurd imposition on guests that are on holiday to relax and chat between themselves during meals!

In terms of activities offered by the hotel, I tried archery that had a very unhelpful GO / instructor in charge. I did not try the flying trapeze or tennis lessons, but heard from other guests that these activities were very busy, with large groups for each instructor that mostly spoke French. I enjoyed kayaking and walking on the beach (although I had my MP3 player stolen off the hotel grounds whilst taking a dive in the sea!).

My biggest disappointment was with the sailing that I was very keen on trying. The main GO / instructor was cheeky, rude and unwilling to help, and was having a great time observing guests that were struggling to cope with the catamaran on a particularly windy day. The GOs / instructors spoke a bit of English, but the instructions to operate the catamaran were given mostly in French, and although my French is not bad, I cannot say that I was clear about anything at the end of the brief teaching session before taking the boat out to sea, and asked to go with an instructor. I felt the whole arrangement was not particularly safe, especially for beginners.

The highlights of the trip were the weather that was fantastic (sunny and very warm every day), the lovely sandy beach, and the sea that was warm and beautiful. A strong point of the resort is the Kids’ Club – the GOs were dedicated, friendly and fun. The children seemed to be having a good time.

I intend to return to Tunisia, but not to this hotel, and not to any Club Med resort - I am very disappointed with the Club Med brand!

I think I have said enough and I hope this review is useful.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family