“A Waste of money!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 123 Hotels in Hammamet
“A Waste of money!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Where do I begin!
The hotel is in the middle of been taking over by some unfortunate person. Current hotel manager told us that he is leaving and therefore "running into the ground".so all complaints fell on deaf ears. Me my partner and our 3 yr old daughter went this hotel on the 08/06/14 for 2 weeks all inclusive. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, it's dangerous to go out walking after dark (we heard a couple were victims of attempted mugging while we were there).We spent most of our money getting Taxi's to the next town (yasmine) to eat decent food. The food is awful in the hotel and you have to fight with the locals (who come and stay on either day passes or weekend passes) to get the food on your plate, there was just concept of just waiting in a Que. We had a leak in the bathroom which took days to fix. Towels were never clean. We had power cuts every other day.
The English are a minority in this hotel. The wifi only worked from time to time in reception. The sun loungers around the outdoor pool are uncomfortable and mostly broken. The indoor pool is filthy.
Note: The pictures in the Thomas Cook brochure are nothing like what is actually there. It's in need of a full revamp! On the plus the animation team are excellent at keeping the guests entertained, they are the backbone of the hotel! The beer is flat and watered down and served in small glasses. The staff forgot it was our daughters birthdays after we told them days before. No apology or nothing!

Stayed June 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

absolutely terrible food-water slides not open rooms so bare and basic-the reps were all leery too but honestly the gardens, the pool the rooms were all so tired looking-maybe it was too early in the season but the food was so bad

Room Tip: look elsewhere-you will not enjoy this-looked lie it was on its last legs and this was the beginning...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Hammamet hotels

mcr
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Hi can anyone tell me if there is safes in rooms and what prices .
Tried emailing hotel but no reply.
Also any advice on good trips.
Hows food as kids fussy , will there be pizza/chips kind of thing for them
Thankyou

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jrpotsy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Sooo I am just back home and I want to go back there. Rooms are very small and not too clean but I haven't see any insects, spiders, mosquitos...just bathroom is asking about proper deep cleaning. To be honest - it wasn't a problem because you will not sitting in your room. Hotel is very big and nice. Wifi - unfortunately is only at main lounge so if you want to have a contact with a world - you will need to stay in a building but on comfy sofas ;)
Outside....big and very very nice 2 swimming pools, private beach with security guy carring about your safety and quiet time. a lot of sitting areas and a lot to do for kids - and adults. You can play tennis and basketball and football and mini golf and more more....they have all equipment :)
entertainment : best team ever :) They are absolutely great and friendly. Care about tourists all day and evening. I enjoy every evening watching they performance :) Kids love mini disco and you will have for yourself. couples will have romantic times in gardens or on the beach.
You can go on trips which are not that expensive and really good. The best: Sahara trip - 2 days. Just amazing.
You will have a good time there. Not in 3* hotel - I dont think it will be even 1* in Europe but...time is just flying there :)

Room Tip: If you are not happy about room - they will exchange but....i never get my see view room because all...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Wiadkuju
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Myself and my partner stayed from sept 27th to oct 11th and from start to finish loved every minute! ok yes, some area's are a little tired but to me that just shows so many ppl before me have enjoyed the resort too!
From the start the manager greeted us with a hug and every staff member was amazing from start to finish! they loved us and we loved them!
The room: cleaned every day and always aired. humongous bed that we loved! A balcony overlooking the gardens and the sea was amazing to wake up to!
The Hotel: right on the beach and set on the remains of a Roman villa which appealed to me as a history nerd. Colour absolutely everywhere (which was brilliant to me as i have a blue mohawk and my partner purple hair! Bright and airy with the slides at the big pool (only downside was not all were running) and the quiet pool for relaxing.
The food: Really nice food, ok sometimes repetitive but always fresh fish and plenty to choose from!
The staff: Waiters were amazing. we had a table set for us every meal and always a friendly smile. Kitchen staff were hilarious and we had many a laugh with them! Management, again really helpful and pleasant. The Captain (trip advisor bloke)... total legend! and the animation team are a bunch of nutters! Also a special mention to Rached (security guard) for taking us out to show us hammamet and always happy for a chat!

Awesome atmosphere and considering its a 3 star resort its everything you want and more!

We really enjoyed our 2 weeks here and have wanted to go back every day since we returned!
No its not too posh but its fun, colourful and clean! you really could do far worse than spend a couple of weeks here! And if you do go then give the captain a hug from me and tell him tattooed luke with the blue mohawk sent you! I promise you'll enjoy it as much as we did!
Luke and Sharna Coleman

Room Tip: Ask for a promo room facing the sea. Waking up each mornng to the sun rising over the ocean is incre...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Luke C
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I have been here several times, this time it was for my birthday and we'd talked my son and his partner into joining us. To say I was nervous is an understatement, Sam is a wheelchair user and although there are no lifts there are ramps so we requested a ground floor room for them. We need not have worried as they nicknamed Sam the princess and treated her like royalty it was a shear joy to see her included in the evening dancing and even to be lifted on the stage so she missed nothing. On my birthday they got me up on the stage and sang happy birthday, there was a chocolate cake which Shaggy and the team enjoyed decorating my face with. I've never had so much fun for years (I'm old enough to know better and young enough not to care). Would I go again yes I don't understand what others expect the food is reasonable, the rooms are large and clean, the staff are friendly and always willing to help. It is good value for money and even the hotel shop isn't out to rip you off.

My only complaint is the behaviur and attitude of some of the guests who are rude,arrogant and patronising to the staff and other hotel guests as well.

Room Tip: We prefer rooms overlooking the gardens and would never go for a promo room as they are small
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Cath735
Kirkcaldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

After reading several bad reviews on here I thought I would make my own mind up about this hotel, well I wish I had hadn't.

Me my husband and 2 children (aged 5 and 9) arrived at 11.30am on the 15th Sept and our room wasn't ready and were asked to come back in 30 mins. As it was nearing lunch time we thought we would wait and feed the kids before going back. When the restaurant opened at 12.30 we were straight in my son slipped over on entering as the floor was very greasy. The food wasn't appetizing at all and I have never seen so many flies in all my life. My daughter just walked around in dismay as there was nothing there she would eat, however the rest us managed to get something. When we had eaten we went back to reception and what a farce this turned out to be. The man on reception kept telling me that the hotel voucher I had wasn't the right one, at which I kept telling him it was the only I had. Eventually they gave me a key to a room which was literally just that, it had a bathroom a double bed, 2 singles and a window not even a balcony I felt claustrophobic at the thought of having to spend 10 nights in there. I went straight down to reception and complained and was given a 'Lovely Family Room' as quoted by the hotel manager. I wouldn't go as far to say it was lovely but it would do us and it had a balcony.

When we eventually got sorted we managed to make it down to the pool which in all fairness was the best thing we had seen since arriving in Tunisia, however there was not 1 decent sun lounger to be had. Every lounger was broken and like somebody already put on here were only suitable if you enjoyed planking.

Now back to the food. I don't go on holiday to eat English food as I like to try the local cuisine but I'm not convinced what there were advertising was what you were eating. My daughter was still refusing to eat anything and each meal time became a chore as she was crying and retching at anything she put in her mouth. We were then told by another English family that they had been given wrist bands for the sister hotel over the road and the food over there was much better, so myself and another family spoke to our rep and eventually we managed to get the same. When we went to eat for the 1st time it was like stepping into a different world.

The only good thing about the hotel apart from the pool was the animation team, you could not fault them and they work really hard. Our thanks go out to Chico, Shaggy and Booba for making our holiday the best it could be under the circumstances.

We were told whilst we were out there that the hotel was closing in October for a complete refit and this is long overdue. Personally regardless of the what they do to the place its one I would never return to.

Room Tip: Personally just choose a different hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family