“Great hotel with lots of potential.”
Review of Zephir Hotel & Spa

Zephir Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Zarzis
Antwerpen, Antwerpen, Belgium
“Great hotel with lots of potential.”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This a great hotel with so much potential, but I don't think they see that themselves.

The hotel itself is perfect. Compact, clean, nice rooms with a nice size and great view. The rooms are cleaned daily and they did a great job at it. I loved the fact we didn't need AC all the time (even though it was sizzling hot outside).

The pool is fantastic! Very big and the shallow bit is huge. Perfect for children. There's also a seperate toddler pool. Both pools are fresh water and cleaned every morning and people constantly walk around picking up garbage.
There's lots of space and plenty of sun chairs available, and also parasols are not hard to come by when shade is needed.

Now for the food. It's not bad, but not great either. My 4y old daughter is not a difficult eater, so she loved every meal. I on the other hand had more trouble. I'm a vegetarian, so it's usually more difficult on holiday, but this time it was a disaster. I basically lived on pasta and salads for a week. Not too bad, but I would've loved something else once in a while. The dessert buffet however was great each day! I just couldn't get enough of it.

Entertainment wasn't too great. Not for kids, nor adults. I'm not such a fan of all inclusive hotel entertainment, but my little girl wanted to do it all.
The shows are very very very amateuristic and sometimes even plain stupid. There's a kids club, but they don't use all of this potential. The colour, play Uno, ... But no real theme like stuff. No games. No crafting with sea shells.

The level of service really depended on the person. Some were incredibily friendly throughout our whole stay and others were very moody on a daily basis. After a day or two we knew exactly who to talk to if we needed something ;-)

All in all it was a pleasurable holiday and I would indeed return, because it was good value for money. I just hope the owners will eventually see how much they can do with what they have.

Room Tip: We loved our ground floor sea view room!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Meilans

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Tripoli , Libya
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay in the resort. The food was very good especially the sea food. The swimming pool was nice and the beach is beautiful. The room was a little bit small for a family and the bathroom needed some maintenance. Overall We were very satisfied

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nedo
Rokytnice nad Jizerou, Czech Republic
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Maintain permanent staff. Crime Abdullah and his team were absolutely skvělý.Sezona 2010

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank radoslavdanes
belgium
Reviewed 10 November 2009

I have just returned from a week in this hotel and upon arrival I was immeditly shocked with the quality and cleaningness of the bathroom of our room, I was really surprised that nobody mention that before since for us it is one of the most important feature of a place.

Now let's talk about the positive points: IDEAL LOCATION (fantastic shallow beach), quite good buffet restaurant, not much repetitive and nice pools (1 indoor thermal heated 2 outside of which one thermal as well).

The animation team tried his best expecially in the evening to entertain us and my older son (3 yo) enjoyed a lot the mini disco.

I would suggest this place if the bathroom quality is not an issue for you, but I suppose that in Tunisia that's what you get on average.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank majolika_be
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zarzis
Eden Star Zarzis
Green Palm
#14 of 45 in Midoun
SunConnect Djerba Aqua Resort
El Mouradi Djerba Menzel

Been to Zephir Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!